Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 09-10-2022, 12:25   #16
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
I've never understood Americans fascination and fawning over the "royal" family. Guess some people have a deeply ingrained need to be lorded over by their "betters".
Americans line up in Anaheim and spend hundreds of dollars (for locals) and thousands of dollars (for inlanders) just to visit the House of the Mouse.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 14:01   #17
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

The woke crowd should be happy about what’s happened in the U.K.

A woman became the new prime minister.
A man became the new queen.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 14:36   #18
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
The woke crowd should be happy about what’s happened in the U.K.

A woman became the new prime minister.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 15:13   #19
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
\
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 306274546_10229018722677044_8618272841832137786_n.jpg (73.7 KB, 40 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 16:02   #20
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Stop it! Milley is jealous and wants to know where he can get one of those sashes.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 09-10-2022, 17:28   #21
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

Lament For the Hollow Crown

A timely article about Elizabeth, and how she failed her “subjects”, country, and the world, because she just “didn’t try” to “say something” and take a more difficult path.

SnT

Quote:
Lament For the Hollow Crown

Say what you will about Æthelred. He may not have prevented the Danes from establishing themselves in the British Isles, and ultimately displacing the Anglo-Saxons as Albion’s aristocracy. But at least he tried.

He recognized that this would be a bad thing, and he did what was in his power, as best as he knew how, to prevent it.

It would be unfair to hold Elizabeth II to account for presiding over the dissipation of the empire her pirate queen namesake had first started to build centuries before, for the centrifugal forces at work were so far beyond her control that she’d as well have ordered the tide not to come in

The land Elizabeth II inherited was exhausted from the wars, it is true. However, in most other ways it was a vastly better land than the one that she left behind. Its demographic structure had remained essentially unchanged for thousands of years, with what incursions there were – the Angles, the Saxons, the Danes, the Normans – being cousin peoples whose blood and customs were not so dissimilar. The Church was strong, as was the family; the streets were safe; and the ancient liberties of the Englishman to property, to self-defense, and to speak his mind were honoured by law and custom. The same was true of England’s strong young daughter colonies in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand – while necessarily rougher around the edges than their more settled and genteel motherland, they had immense social capital, their people tough and confident, their institutions well-run and honest.

Elizabeth sat placidly by as, one by one, the ancient rights of Englishmen were stripped from them. No longer may they bear arms, or even defend themselves should they be assaulted or their homes invaded. No longer may they speak their minds, for should they speak too plainly they risk a visit from the police, who may either arrest and charge them with hate speech for saying unflattering things about any of the myriad protected groups, or simply be hassled over ‘non-crime hate incidents’ should their blaspheming not quite cross the deliberately fuzzy legal boundary between that which is permitted and mandatory, and everything else.

I mourn, not the Queen who was, but the Queen who should have been
All you had to do, my Queen, was say something. Had you but done that, had you once spoken up for us, it would all have been so very different. It might not have changed things, but we’d have known that you cared.
But it’s too late now.
https://barsoom.substack.com/p/lamen...m_source=email

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 15:51   #22
Airbornelawyer

I just saw an image of Elizabeth's children following the Queen's casket yesterday. All were in uniform except Prince Andrew. Apparently, after the Epstein island matter, Andrew not only lost his ceremonial appointments, but also the right to wear the uniform? A bit ironic, since he and King Charles are the only ones of the four to actually have served in the military - Princess Anne's and RM washout Prince Edward's appointments are entirely ceremonial - and Andrew is the only combat veteran of the four.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:47   #23
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Great article,, BUTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf n Turf
A timely article about Elizabeth
Not to hi-jak the thread, but we need a quick dump on SUBSTACK and with-in that John Carter and BARSOOM?? (not the John Carter of ER Burroughs)

Thanks

Old 09-14-2022, 05:53   #24
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
I just saw an image of Elizabeth's children following the Queen's casket yesterday. All were in uniform except Prince Andrew. Apparently, after the Epstein island matter, Andrew not only lost his ceremonial appointments, but also the right to wear the uniform? A bit ironic, since he and King Charles are the only ones of the four to actually have served in the military - Princess Anne's and RM washout Prince Edward's appointments are entirely ceremonial - and Andrew is the only combat veteran of the four.
It appears that Queen Chuck has dick-taded that his brother the Pedo can wear his uniform, but his son who married the hooker can't be seen in uniform.

This is a ROYAL ceremony, so protocol overrides any semblance of rationale.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:16   #25
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
It appears that Queen Chuck has dick-taded that his brother the Pedo can wear his uniform, but his son who married the hooker can't be seen in uniform.

This is a ROYAL ceremony, so protocol overrides any semblance of rationale.
I stand corrected,,

Andrew did not wear a uniform, but he had all his bling,, as did Harry

FOXNEWS had earlier said Andrew had a special exemption from Chuck?

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ecial-approval
Attached Images
File Type: jpg queen-procession-045.jpg (67.9 KB, 23 views)

Old 09-14-2022, 20:10   #26
Scimitar
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
I am of both German and English ancestry, so I cannot be racist. That's how it works, right?

FWIW, besides English, I have Scottish, Welsh, Irish and Norse ancestry, so I have pretty much the entire British genome covered. By that measure, I am more qualified than Charles III for the throne. I also have some African ancestry, so I am more than willing to settle for being King of the Bahamas.
Well then - Airborne Lawyer for King. Down with King Charles!

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 13:24   #27
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

That look you get when your father gives your brother a 1.2 BILLION UKP (TAX-FREE) hand-me-down estate he got from your Grand Ma,

and you got NOTHING..

Quote:

Prince William just inherited a $1.2 billion estate thanks to a medieval rule
BY Chloe Taylor, September 14, 2022 at 10:16 AM EDT

https://fortune.com/2022/09/14/princ...nb7dGLg0BTp3b4

Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (9.5 KB, 28 views)

Old 09-15-2022, 15:04   #28
Badger52
Area Commander

You're killin' me.
Quote:
That look you get when...
you know you have to go back to Hollywood and be "the boss" of your paltry $14M house. Because it's now just "a house" and your brother has a GENUINE . BLOODY . ESTATE. with helipads and deer running around and - running the a/c anytime he wants.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:18   #29
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Well, I guess most of you realize that I can take a pummeling and so I'm willing to give voice to some unpopular views: Yeah we separated from the Monarchy in 1776! But let's step back for a moment and recognize that the Monarchy representing the British Empire has existed for nearly 1,000 years. More than any other institution in human history. Advancing Christian values, the sanctity of the individual, teaching governance, introducing economic capitalism around the world and lifting the poor from poverty on every continent are just a few of the accomplishments.

As the longest serving Monarch, Queen Elizabeth II oversaw the "decolonization" of the Empire, once again, largely to the advancement of individual freedoms. To be sure there were colossal failures of the new nation states. But rather than wag our collective fingers at the Monarch for such failures, we would have been well advised to take a lesson and not attempt to democratize other nation states as we have tried in the Middle East for instance.

As a conservative Populist, my political views couldn't be further from those of a monarchist! But when I step back and examine the historical impact of the Monarchy of the British Empire and QEII's role, I am humbled and in my opinion, she truly stood for duty honor and country in the representation of her institution. There is only one other person in my lifetime, that so thoroughly stood for duty, honor, and country in the representation of his institution. Yeah that's right, I just drew a connection between Gen Douglas MacArthur and Queen Elizabeth II.

I am sure they are both resting in God's grace and deservedly so.

Let the pummeling begin.
Old 09-18-2022, 16:57   #30
Scimitar
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Well, I guess most of you realize that I can take a pummeling and so I'm willing to give voice to some unpopular views: Let the pummeling begin.
Well said Trapper - But maybe it's the colonial in me.

It's true, we can so easily suffer from the fallacy of perfection. Yes, we should analyze and learn from our mistakes, and try to avoid them in the future; but let's not fall into the same fault as the "crazy-far-left" is right now, and throw everything out that isn't perfect.

My opinion - She really was the best of us. Rest in peace Ma'am.

S

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote