Old 01-01-2012, 20:21   #1
deepheart
SF Candidate

Visible Body

For recently selected candidates assigned 18D (like myself) or current Medics wanting to add another tool to their repertoire, check out visiblebody.com A great resource for learning A&P or mastering it for the already initiated. Check out the tutorial on their webpage. It requires a subscription to use the software as well as an internet connection. Well worth it IMHO.www.visiblebody.com
deepheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:05   #2
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Good post,been looking for an more indaapt visible body info system just like this...........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 19:43   #3
deepheart
SF Candidate

Any impressions from those who have given this program a look?
deepheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 20:02   #4
adal
Quiet Professional

Great stuff. I forwarded it to my medics and medic students. (civilian) Thanks for the post.
Old 07-30-2012, 20:29   #5
LeapingGnome
Quiet Professional

Location: Roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it
Great for pointy-talkie with non-medics

I use it extensively when teaching TCCC to non-medics, and medics without any anatomical knowledge. It puts wound packing, needle decompression, etc. in perspective when you can point to the iPad and then point to the student's exterior anatomy. I've seen more light bulbs go off with the Visible Body demo than any other method.

Now this is the Law of the Jungle — as old and as true as the sky; And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back —
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.

-Rudyard Kipling
LeapingGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 20:01   #6
Flagg
Area Commander

Cheers! As a current student in a medic course it will be quite helpful to complement my A&P books.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 20:18   #7
Whiplash
Asset

the program has helped ever since AIT. Comes in great use when giving CLS classes to my MP's.
Old 11-05-2012, 17:39   #8
Dadaleci
FTFSI

Looks useful at first glance and everyone here so far has praised it, thank you for sharing, I'll spread it around to people I meet.
Old 11-05-2012, 19:30   #9
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadaleci View Post
Looks useful at first glance and everyone here so far has praised it, thank you for sharing, I'll spread it around to people I meet.
Unless you are in the SF pipeline, you should not be posting in this forum. Kindly consider reading more and posting less.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote