Old 04-08-2020, 09:44   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Richard Calvert, Green Beret... NOT!!

Richard Calvert
POS Poser

Quote:

Richard Calvert, Green Beret... NOT!!

Richard Calvert, fake Green Beret was sent to us about a year ago.

As with many of these guys, they get put to the side when other more pressing cases come in and then they slip through the cracks.

Well, he was getting ready to be a guest speaker at a local VFW and many saw his claims of 54 combats jumps as a huge red flag and reached out to us again.

👉👉👉👉👉Click here to hear his claims👈👈👈👈👈

Here is the initial email when he came back under peoples radar:

He states many things, A green beret with a death heads flash, Silver stars, bronze stars, 56 jumps with the 1 Division (RVN) as well as duty with LRRPS. "Goat school". Some LRRPS I know got on to this one when he is announced as a speaker at the American Legion Post 370 in Overland Park Kansas.

Some other speaking engagements his bio is listed as: Tonight our featured speaker is Richard Calvert, who has earned five purple hearts. Richard was a Special Forces combat medic in the 8th Medical Brigade who was assigned at various times to many different fighting groups in Vietnam. Richard jumped 54 times in Laos and Cambodia.

Here is a link to where he is profiled as a sponsor of the Red Tail Tuskegee Airman: Removed… Richard served in the Vietnam War as an Army Combat Medic and earned the Purple Heart. He completed Special Forces Training and then served with various groups and special operations in Vietnam including Long Range Reconnaissance, 101st Airborne and Dust Off Units. The South Vietnamese Army recognized Richard for making 54 combat jumps with their 1st Airborne Division. Richard followed in his uncle Robert Calvert’s footsteps, his uncle was an Army Combat Medic in WWII in the Pacific Theater."

We received a 2nd email from a fellow Green Beret that actually had a sit down with him:

Backstory:

This guy came up on my radar in May of last year, 2019. A veteran friend posted his video on his 501 Facebook and honored him at a veteran event. The video struck me as full of problems, so I shared it with the SF List.

The BS in this video is too much to list, but the high-points are:

Claims to have been an SF medic.
Claims to have 5 purple hearts.
Claims to have done 54 combat jumps in Vietnam.
Claims to have done LRRP missions.

Ron XXXXX got his records and they show that he spent 2 years in Germany as a clerk/cook. That’s it. Never. Stepped. Foot. In. Vietnam.

I shared with my Recon buddy, through whom I found out about Calvert, all the troubling truths and asked him to handle the situation. He said he would handle it.

Ron XXXXX contacted last week, approximately 12 Feb 2020, and asked for a status update on the Calvert situation. I did not know. Had not kept tabs on it. Asked my Recon buddy. He had not handled it, had done nothing. He said, “I’ve had a lot going on.” Gotcha.

I contacted Richard Calvert and asked to have coffee with him. My intent was to explain his options: The Easy Way and the Hard Way.

Our meeting this morning (1000-1030hrs, 17 Feb 2020):

We met at a Starbucks near his home. I got there at 0945. He arrived at 1005. My approach was that I was doing him a favor and cited the main problems with his video and his other claims online, such as the SF medic and the 54 combat jumps claims, and others, and he dug in, offering absurd explanations that we so absurd that they were hard for me to follow.

I told him that it is impossible that he had 54 combat jumps in Vietnam, he said that they all were with the ARVNs and thus not documented.

I told him that his 214 shows he was only in the Army for 2 years and all of it in Germany as a clerk he just shrugged his shoulders and said “I dont know nothin about that.”

I asked him if he was an SF medic then why was he not put on an SF team when he got to Nam he gave me an explanation that I could not follow.

He said all his LRRP missions were with ARVNs so no US LRRPs would know him.

He showed me as proof of his being SF a ring that has a skull on a 5th Gp flash, that no SF guy would wear. I did not get a photo of that ring. Failure on my part.

Another veteran, a friend of mine, VFW lodge commander, informed me that he was scheduled to do some speaking events as part of the local American Legion Speakers Bureau. Ron XXXXX informed me tonight, less than an hour ago, that he has been removed from that speaking circuit. But he is still listed to speak here, it’s great reading, very entertaining:

I explained this morning to Richard his options. But he dug in. My Recon buddy told me after that meeting that Richard called him 3 times last night and finally talked to him this morning, asking who I am and what I might want. My Recon bud says based on what Calvert said that it seems obvious that he has been challenged before and has learned that if he sticks to his guns people give up.

Calvert told me at the end of our discussion this morning that his wife is a lawyer so a suit will cost him nothing and to bring it on. I told him it is not me he needs to worry about.

Calvert called me 3 times this afternoon in the span of 10 minutes. I did not answer. Let him stew. He had his chance.

If you have any questions, please, contact me.

Jef XXXXXX

Soooo, what are his claims vs what the facts show:

Combat Medical Badge

Silver Star x2: False, he never went to Vietnam, he never saw combat.

Soldier’s Medal: False, Records do NOT support this claim

Bronze Star X2: False, Records do NOT support this claim. He doesn't show it on his ribbon rack but claims it in his Legion announcement

Purple Heart x4 or 5 depending on who he’s talking to. Ribbon rack shows 4, he told the American Legion he had 5: False, he never went to Vietnam he never saw combat.

Joint Service Commendation Medal: False, Records do NOT support this claim

Army Commendation Medal w/ 2 Oak leaf clusters: False, Records do NOT support this claim

Good Conduct Medal x4: False, Records do NOT support this claim

National Defense Service Medal: True

Vietnam Service Medal w/ 3 campaign stars: False, Records do NOT support this claim, he never went to Vietnam

Vietnam Campaign Medal: False, Records do NOT support this claim, he never went to Vietnam

Combat Medic: False, He seems to have received Med Corpsman (91A10) training in basic yet never held that as a duty MOS. He was a cook (94B20) and Clerck Typist (71B20)

Any type of parachutist badge: False, never even attempted the training

Special Forces Tab: False, never even attempted the training

250 Ft tower (Master Jump Classification): False, his statement about the 250ft tower and Master Classification is ludicrous That's not how it's done.

SF Training @ Ft Bragg: False, never attempted SFTG much less graduated the course

Volunteer for RVN in 1967: False, he never went to Vietnam

MeKong Delta for 13 months: False, he never went to Vietnam

Hill 29 hawk Hill: False, he never went to Vietnam

101st Airborne in 1969: False, he never went to Vietnam

Hill 937 Hamburger Hill: False, he never went to Vietnam

54 Combat Jumps: False, he wasn't even Airborne, nor did he go to combat in Vietnam

5 man LRRP team in 1970: False, he never went to Vietnam

3.5 years in Vietnam: False, he never went to Vietnam

Richard Calvert will now be added to guardiansofthegreenberet.com hall of Zeroes

#stolenvalor #specialforces #greenberet #richardcalvert

http://guardiansofthegreenberet.com/...reen-beret-not

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:09   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

50+ combat jumps in 'Nam while serving as an SF medic in the 8th Med Brigade.

Epic
He must have been the guy that taught COL Trautman how to train Rambo.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:17   #3
Pete
Quiet Professional

Man, what a big string of posers.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 14:36   #4
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

richard calvert ???

Does the VFW or the American Legion pay a guest speaker,? or does calvert make these speeches just to bolster his ego ?
Old 04-08-2020, 15:33   #5
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
Does the VFW or the American Legion pay a guest speaker,? or does calvert make these speeches just to bolster his ego ?
No, gratis...but I'll tell you what they don't do...they never vet anyone and buy into the most bogus crap around....

Ist time I went to a memorial gig at our legion 2 of the 3 'speakers' were posers...
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:22   #6
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

I'm honestly surprised you survived the encounter. He could have removed the 5th SFG flash on his ring exposing the tiny needle laced with poison and whilst shaking your hand, delivered the death touch.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote