Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 10th Special Forces Group

Old 05-14-2011, 04:54   #1
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

Bad Tolz BN run standards?

Guys, my mind is a bit foggy but wasn't the 1/10th standard at Bad Tolz, 6 miles in 50 minutes? I'm getting myself back into my old Scuba fitness self since I retired. I'm currently running 5k in 27-28 minutes.

CD
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:04   #2
Richard
Quiet Professional

The only running standard(s) we had when I was there were the quarterly run up and down the Blomberg (no set time) and the APFT two mile run IAW the Army scoring system for age groupings - my best time was 11:09 for two miles in combat boots and OG-107 fatigues.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 18:17   #3
Trex
Asset

expected,

but not all did
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 18:26   #4
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex View Post
but not all did
So are you someone special? Follow the rules and stop posting until you conform with the board rules that were sent you in the welcome e-mail.....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:50   #5
csquare
Quiet Professional

Trojan Warrior Test

That 6 miles in 50 mins was the old Trojan Warrior time standard. When we did the APFT, qualified with rifle and pistol, 100 question written exam and a 10 km run in one day. Then the 3 days of treking across the country side doing common skills testing. I think it was 15-20k between points and did 2 points per day.
I do not regret a day I spent in uniform—I’m immensely proud of my service. If I’ve learned anything, I’ve learned what a truly remarkable thing it is to be a combat veteran. Now I want to live an exceptional life for those who never made it home.
csquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13   #6
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquare View Post
That 6 miles in 50 mins was the old Trojan Warrior time standard. When we did the APFT, qualified with rifle and pistol, 100 question written exam and a 10 km run in one day. Then the 3 days of treking across the country side doing common skills testing. I think it was 15-20k between points and did 2 points per day.
Hey brother, what was the "100 questions"?

example please.....
Old 05-16-2011, 09:16   #7
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
The only running standard(s) we had when I was there were the quarterly run up and down the Blomberg (no set time) and the APFT two mile run IAW the Army scoring system for age groupings - my best time was 11:09 for two miles in combat boots and OG-107 fatigues.

Richard
That's fast.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:05   #8
csquare
Quiet Professional

the exam was over SF common skills.
I do not regret a day I spent in uniform—I’m immensely proud of my service. If I’ve learned anything, I’ve learned what a truly remarkable thing it is to be a combat veteran. Now I want to live an exceptional life for those who never made it home.
csquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14   #9
Richard
Quiet Professional

RE: Trojan Warrior Test

We used to do something similar in the 7th whenever we came off of a support cycle and went into a 'go' cycle. The usual drill was a week long and consisted of:
  • Team Alert
  • Isolation/Pre-Mission Prep/PT Test
  • Parachute Infil
  • Tactical Movement to conduct link-up w/G's
  • Skills testing (common and MOS specific; hands on and written)
  • Wpns qual + live fires (IADs/mortars)
I don't remember what they were called; Group ran them and we referred to them as 'Slingshots'.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 00:21   #10
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquare View Post
csquare,

Thanks, that's what I thought is was. I remember that year we did the Trojan Warrior, I had just left 012 we were on and went to 015. About 75 miles in 3 days bouncing across Bavaria. 12 miles straight line between points. I had forgotten about the written test. Working up to my first marathon here.

CD
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:01   #11
MVP
Quiet Professional

Trojan?

Trojan test, Sparten Warrior, Stress test...

Seems like every iteration had a new twist. I remember one version in 86 that ended at the range. We had Dillon as TL, Reiman as TS, Busted our asses for the ruck and stopped at a GastStadte for lunch and a bier. By the time we got back under the rucks everyone's muscles had tightened up and we could barely make the last 3Km to the range.

MVP
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:09   #12
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
Trojan test, Sparten Warrior, Stress test...

Seems like every iteration had a new twist. I remember one version in 86 that ended at the range. We had Dillon as TL, Reiman as TS, Busted our asses for the ruck and stopped at a GastStadte for lunch and a bier. By the time we got back under the rucks everyone's muscles had tightened up and we could barely make the last 3Km to the range.

MVP
Ein bier ain't enough to keep you loose, Bro...
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47   #13
bost1751
Quiet Professional

When Jim Guest was Bn Cdr he came up with a 5 or 6 mile run. time was for the ODA. I recall it lasted once and then went by the wayside.
bost1751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 13:09   #14
MVP
Quiet Professional

Bier

I suspect the schweinshaxe slowed us down a bit as well

MVP
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 15:52   #15
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Run? When I was there we skied in the winter and humped in the summer.

Of course that was just after the Franco-Prussian War.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote