Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 10th Special Forces Group

Old 12-01-2009, 03:03   #91
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfromcolorado View Post
Coors Light and 7-Up? Have you lost your mind?

I wish I could get over to Toelz again soon but now that I have taken work in the US of A it is much more difficult. And the little ladies don't want my ass in any of the better places to work, even if I got more time off there.

I am not a happy camper in rural coastal North Carolina.
Hey, it was worth a try. I try everything once, twice if I like it. Actually I mix Augustiner Helles and Frucade Zitronenlimo if I want a Radler. PM me your address bro, I'll send some cans of Spezi to you.

Uh, work in the CONUS. Not good... Rural coastal NC. ? Far from Myrtle Beach SC. ? I remember the weekends down there when I was staying with friends in Fayetteville.

I'll be back in the US in late May next year, seeing my family in Texas and going to Vegas for a couple of days. Maybe you and the Ladies want to come to Vegas ?

Last edited by mike-munich; 12-01-2009 at 03:13.
mike-munich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 14:57   #92
csquare
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark the Engineer Officer View Post
I just spent the weekend in Prague. I'm usually not a fan of Pils, but since a half liter of the stuff cost about $2 I decided to give it a shot. This was the only city in the world where the local Pils didn't give me the bitter beer face. I'm not sure its my favorite, but I am definately impressed with Czech Pils and hold it to be better than German.
I lived and worked in Prague for 9 months, back in '94. The best beer I drank was Velky Popovice Cerny (dark). Went to the brewery's anniversary celebration one Saturday. Was buying liter cups for less than .10 a piece. Glad I took the train there and back!
I do not regret a day I spent in uniform—I’m immensely proud of my service. If I’ve learned anything, I’ve learned what a truly remarkable thing it is to be a combat veteran. Now I want to live an exceptional life for those who never made it home.
csquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 17:02   #93
czechsix
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquare View Post
I lived and worked in Prague for 9 months, back in '94. The best beer I drank was Velky Popovice Cerny (dark). Went to the brewery's anniversary celebration one Saturday. Was buying liter cups for less than .10 a piece. Glad I took the train there and back!
Haha I'm hoping more people discover the beer in Eastern Europe is the best. I had a Rattler for the first time doing some mil-mil training with the slovakians over this past summer. They are really good actually. If you ever get the chance though, they sell a beer in slovakia (exclusively) called Šariš (pronounced Shar-eesh). The dark kind (tmavé) is the best beer I've ever tasted.

Last edited by czechsix; 12-01-2009 at 20:54.
czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 20:53   #94
alfromcolorado
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-munich View Post
Hey, it was worth a try. I try everything once, twice if I like it. Actually I mix Augustiner Helles and Frucade Zitronenlimo if I want a Radler. PM me your address bro, I'll send some cans of Spezi to you.

Uh, work in the CONUS. Not good... Rural coastal NC. ? Far from Myrtle Beach SC. ? I remember the weekends down there when I was staying with friends in Fayetteville.

I'll be back in the US in late May next year, seeing my family in Texas and going to Vegas for a couple of days. Maybe you and the Ladies want to come to Vegas ?
Possible but no promises. I am on my way to the Tampa Bay area on 16 DEC.
alfromcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 21:11   #95
mojaveman
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechsix View Post
Haha I'm hoping more people discover the beer in Eastern Europe is the best. I had a Rattler for the first time doing some mil-mil training with the slovakians over this past summer. They are really good actually. If you ever get the chance though, they sell a beer in slovakia (exclusively) called Šariš (pronounced Shar-eesh). The dark kind (tmavé) is the best beer I've ever tasted.
Can't remember which one but one of the breweries in Germany cans the Radler concoction. True, their not bad on a hot summer day when you don't want to drink a lot. For an evening of serious beer drinking though I'll go with a bock, lager, pills, or weizen.

Eins, zwei, trink!
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:42   #96
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Al, affirmative. Keep me posted. I just put in for leave from 22 MAY to 09 JUNE. We are going to be in the Vegas area from 03 or 04 JUNE on.

Quote:
Can't remember which one but one of the breweries in Germany cans the Radler concoction.
They are many canning Radler now. Some have bottles, it just tastes better.

A friend from Austria pointed me towards this website. German, and other European, beers available in the US. They even have Ayinger... The Urweisse is one of my favorite Weissbiers.

http://beergeek.stores.yahoo.net/germanbeer.html