Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 09-08-2022, 15:06   #1
Airbornelawyer

Queen Elizabeth II RIP

Condolences to our British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, Jamaican, etc. members, comrades. colleagues and friends.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 15:09   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

For many, the only British monarch they've ever known.
Rest in Peace.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 15:39   #3
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
Condolences to our British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, Jamaican, etc. members, comrades. colleagues and friends.
I prefer to continue extending the middle finger we raised to the British Crown in 1776, thank you very much. Commie!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 16:02   #4
Airbornelawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
I prefer to continue extending the middle finger we raised to the British Crown in 1776, thank you very much. Commie!
Some of our ancestors raised the middle finger in 1773 at the Boston Tea Party, in 1774 after the Intolerable Acts were passed, and in 1775 at Lexington and Concord. You Johnny-Come-Lately types are always jumping on the bandwagon after it's started rolling.

Anyway, George III was a Hannoverian of entirely German ancestry. Elizabeth II was a Saxe-Coburg-Gotha of mostly English ancestry. Though, technically, Charles III is more German than she was, since Prince Philip was descended from the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.
Old 09-08-2022, 16:25   #5
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Some of our ancestors raised the middle finger in 1773 at the Boston Tea Party, in 1774 after the Intolerable Acts were passed, and in 1775 at Lexington and Concord. You Johnny-Come-Lately types are always jumping on the bandwagon after it's started rolling.
LMAO, guilty as charged!

Quote:
Anyway, George III was a Hannoverian of entirely German ancestry. Elizabeth II was a Saxe-Coburg-Gotha of mostly English ancestry. Though, technically, Charles III is more German than she was, since Prince Philip was descended from the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.
So you're a racist too, eh?
Old 09-08-2022, 17:44   #6
Airbornelawyer

I am of both German and English ancestry, so I cannot be racist. That's how it works, right?

FWIW, besides English, I have Scottish, Welsh, Irish and Norse ancestry, so I have pretty much the entire British genome covered. By that measure, I am more qualified than Charles III for the throne. I also have some African ancestry, so I am more than willing to settle for being King of the Bahamas.
Old 09-08-2022, 19:25   #7
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
I am of both German and English ancestry, so I cannot be racist. That's how it works, right?

FWIW, besides English, I have Scottish, Welsh, Irish and Norse ancestry, so I have pretty much the entire British genome covered. By that measure, I am more qualified than Charles III for the throne. I also have some African ancestry, so I am more than willing to settle for being King of the Bahamas.
Old 09-14-2022, 20:10   #8
Scimitar
Area Commander

Quote:

Well then - Airborne Lawyer for King. Down with King Charles!

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote