Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 07-21-2009, 23:47   #31
Irishsquid
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
Sean, I think it's worth pointing out that nobody said you have to do the Blitz workout for the rest of your life.

I can appreciate the argument that exercise mimicking real-world work creates neural pathways and is "better" but that is looking at the problem in a vacuum. The Blitz workout is one piece of a good overall plan. Dead-lifts and cleans are great, but anybody can plateau. When you hit your next one give Blitz a try and come back and post your results here.

That is my plan to test out the Blitz system. I am starting to plateau with Crossfit...so if/when I stop seeing any progress, I'm going to switch over to Blitz, and use that as the test. If I start getting stronger/faster/more powerful again, I'll be sold.
Irishsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:27   #32
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

IrishSquid

Just a Note; When you start the Blitz, try not to do anything else for best results.
I know it make one feel guilty but it works and works well. Blitzzz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20   #33
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Blitz Personel

At last count there are 81 folks on this site that have recieved Blitz materials sent to them by me. I don't have a number of any that downloaded from the site.
To all the users of this system a status up date would be appreciated. E-mail or post is fine. Blitzzz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-22-2009, 13:27   #34
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

"Ivan Drago"

Our young weight lifter would argue a point based on fiction.
Hell he even failed to mention beating on side of beef too.
Drago is played by Dolph Lungren in the "Rocky"movie. I quess we can equate Rocky's routine with Cross Fit.

Now the Blitz is really under fire.
Lord knows the Crossfit Guy isn't a Used Car (system) salesman.
He makes a lot more money selling his than I do Giving mine.
Blitzzz

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-22-2009, 15:09   #35
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
You can't critisize something or Point out a flaw of something you know nothing about.
Critisize what you know. You haven't a clue about this system. It has been used without fail for over 17 years. That includes 4 years in Ft Campbell's Physical Therapy dept with Unparalleled success. People were able to return to work after a year and a half without running and Maxing there PT Runs.
You taking this so personal, indicates a fault in your belief system. You are on to nothing new. Your comments here have no weight. There is no Flaw in this system. Certianly none you would have any knowledge of.
I'm glad you're happy with what you do, stick with it, be happy.
You are argueing on assumptions you are making of my system.
You have no facts.
Car salesman or not, I can promise what I say about the results of this system are always thus. Have never failed, and are so outside the box, that Exercise phyiolgists, Athletic Trainers, PTs, and coaches are the hardest to get through to. Love being Mired in the Mundane.
The comment on the world's strongest man is to assure you of my confidence in this system. No one has ever done this system for over 6 weeks that didn't achieve the goals I have promised. Blitzzz
Blitzzz,

I think Sean has made a few good points, especially the cross fit reference. Before anyone is going to buy your "system" it needs to first prove itself, and not with just you.

TS
Old 07-22-2009, 17:49   #36
MILON
Guerrilla

Sean:
Your concern regarding functional exercises is well founded and necessary in any program aimed at developing athletic performance. Transfer of training adaptations to real world performance is absolutely essential. This is done by using a majority of training methods that mimic what the athlete would be doing during practices and especially events. Performing leg extensions on a machine will have very little transfer to a 3-5 second rush, obviously. I believe this is a flaw of the Blitz program as well, but since specificity is not address, I wouldn’t consider athletic development the goal.

Dac is right. No one said you had to do the program and if you’re already performing Olympic lifts, it may not be the best for you anyway. However, he is also right that everyone plateaus, regardless of the program design. A short Blitz cycle (say 3-4 weeks) or adding blitz circuits to your current program may be beneficial for you, if you are interested. IMHO, Blitz can be “one piece of a good overall plan” to further ones athleticism.

Role of Muscles
Stabilizer: “Muscles that surround the joint or body part and contract to fixate or stabilize the area to enable another limb or body segment to exert force and move; known as fixators, they are essential in establishing a relatively firm base for the more distal joints to work from when carrying out movements”. (Floyd & Thompson, Manual of Structural Kinesiology, pg 31)

So, sean, blitz is right you cannot name one stabilizer muscle because any muscle may act in this role. However, the point you are making is absolutely correct.

We can be in disagreement about what a stabilizer is, but the underlying benefit being alluding to is the proprioceptive and kinesthetic feedback received when using free weights. This cannot be achieved nearly as well by using solely machine weights.

As its been clearly stated, free weights can be used with Blitz, but find a “good trainer” to design the program for you. Sean, your remarks are certainly not unfounded, but ensure you do your research. Reference sources if needed. It always helps your cause.

Just my .02

MILON
MILON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 17:57   #37
MILON
Guerrilla

Blitz:
I imagine when you use the terms “professional”, “average muscle head”, and “conventional trainers” you are referring to me. I am going to express my opinions as a professional in the performance enhance field. Some things a “professional” will NOT do when dealing when training/advising athletes of any kind:

1. Claim your program is the “only one on the planet” to elicit a certain physiological response. Blitz uses large amounts of volume to gain a particular adaptation that can be attained through any high volume program. This is a sales pitch and not necessary if you have the education, experience and data to back up your services.

2. Brag. Blitz is effective, but it’s not that great and its only part of a greater plan to enhance performance specific to the event, which a good coach would be able to design and advise on.

3. Belittle an athlete. Enough said.

4. Give advice without giving your credentials to be doing so. Not having the proper credentials or at least a degree in exercise science or a related subject cause me to question. Maybe this has been stated before and I missed it? So, If I am wrong, please let me know.

5. Claiming your program is better than anything else without data to support it. Human performance is a science and a scientific approach should be taken to training. Promises should not have to be made.

6. Using negative language when referring to others in the field, especially on an open forum. This may be an assumption, but writing “professionals” as such indicates something negative to me. I am also going to assume you didn’t like what these people had to say about blitz.

As a strength coach and a soldier I am passionate about soldier athletes getting quality advice to improve their performance and increase survival. I have already expressed my opinions about the Blitz program on past threads and don’t feel the need to do so again in this one.

Everyone:

If anyone would like to further discuss training issues of any kind, let me know. As Blitz said, “go talk to MILON”.
MILON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 18:55   #38
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Nice write ups

I appreciate the writings that may assist in a defense of the Blitz.
I grant the lack of documentation, is a need for many to accept something this new. there is really no other system that delivers these results.
It has been used for over 17 years. many attempts have been made to reach the professional levels but "they" spend too much money for what ever program they use now and are not willing to gamble on something seemingly so unlikely as the blitz.

regardless of the documentation or lack of, the results have always been consistant and never less than the 20% best over lifetime best. Endurance levels are over doubled. I have witnessed this for over 17 years in private uses and in A Physical Therapy clinic.
This is never a Sales pitch , it is a Brag, as the consistency is very specific and fined tuned.
Joint protection is greatly enhanced.
I have delt with Athletic trainers, Coaches, Exercise Physiologist, and PT's for a long time. The suggested fear and worries expressed here have been addressed many times over.
A simple list includes No overuse syndrome
No Ligament Sprains or ruptures
No tendonitis,strains, or ruptures
No cartilage damage
No DOMS
I feel sometimes that the results should be reduced for those who won't accept these. It would be more in line with the "norm" to be sore after workouts and to suffer tendonitis or tendon tears.
As to full body exercises that is made easier when all the parts are so much stronger and with the greater endurance.

I'll let the experts here who have never used this system and can so rightly judge it based on what they do know have at it. Any one still interested in the system can get it from me by E- mail. Those of you presently useing it , do send some status update as I may be able to eventually convince the flat worlders of it greatness. A salute to you all. BLITZZZ

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 08-12-2009 at 21:20.
Old 07-23-2009, 17:34   #39
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Blitz-

I'm one of the guys you sent stuff to. Was working out generally using exercises and philosophy of rosstraining.com . Liked it. From what I see it is very similar to CrossFit but not exactly. Great philosopy emphasis on conditioning as well as strength. Compound, "non-standard" exercises.

Made me feel better, strengthened my core, VERY MUCH improved my work capacity and reduced my overall recovery time (no matter what I was doing).

Then I decided to try Blitzing. You seem committed, you aren't selling anything and I wanted to try something different. Had nothing to lose...

The gym that I was workign out at had limitations that made a full go at your program difficult. 1.) very crowded 2.) lack of suitable machines... ( MY mistake was not just moving to free weights for some of the exercies).

Lastly , I am shitty at following instructions and I used too much weight at times with the result being serious DOMS!

IN any event..

I tried to do what you prescribe in the manner that you prescribe... at least for my chest and arms... with the intent on increasing my pushups.

I worked it HARD for probably 5 weeks or so. Kept no records but busted my ass. And got great results.

I was plateau'd on my pushups... and after blitzing I added 12 pushups and maxed. And this is coming from a person who probably maxed the damn pushups one other time in 19 years... even when doing Tabata intervals or what have you... I'm not here to hype your blitz program, but I'm going to be 100% honest.. I was AMAZED at how I pumped out the pushups. I was hoping for an increase but it was way in excess of what I was expecting/hoping for.

I am now working where I can get to a GREAT gym with all kinds of leverage equipment and free weights..or whatever I want... and no crowds. I injured somethign in my shoulder (NOT blitzing) so I can't do a damn thing right now until I get seen by a doc.

As soon as I get healed up I'm going to give it a go and blitz hard. I liked the results on my pushups so I am disappointed to be in a holding pattern to let my inujury heal. (I guess I could just do something for my lower body.... )

Anyway, that's my story.
Old 07-23-2009, 18:10   #40
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Glad to hear something good

Sorry about your shoulder. after you see the DOc and get an eval, let me know because there is a Blitz SOP for rehab. I can send you one and you can discuss ir with your PT or Doc. Dave (Blitzzz) Boltz

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 07-23-2009 at 19:29.
Old 07-23-2009, 19:05   #41
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Sorry about your shoulder. after you see the DOc and get an eval, let me know because ther id Blitz SOP for rehab. I can send you one and you can discuss ir with your PT or Doc. Dave (Blitzzz) Boltz
Ok Dave, thanks.

My son's track team had no throws coach so I stepped in to help as they had nobody to help them throw the shot. It was all good when doing technique work with them... but they didn't seem to have the whole "total body EFFORT" thing down. So (you know where this is headed...)... Even though it was a kids shotput, I made the fatal mistake of not warming up sufficiently (i.e. twice as much as i did when I was 20years younger) and decided to heave that little shot as far as I possibly could. YEOUCH!. On the positive side.. the kids were suitably impressed.

...and then I did the guy thing and made it worse by only throwing "a couple more" before I decided that I needed to "take a couple of day off".

...yes, exactly two.

... then i threw some more and finially figured out that I was really hurt.

Shoulder hurts just walking (or running) around. Can do some things with no or limited pain but... get on a bench machine (or god forbid grab a dumbell and try and press it) and I get an instant knife in my shoulder followed by lasting dull pain.

Now, I'm just laying low and licking my wounds with a big bottle of Vitamin M, waiting for the morning that I wake up all better.
Old 07-23-2009, 19:28   #42
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Get off it.

don't push through the pain but Okay to the pain.. Firstly you should ice the heck out of it .Ice til it gets numb then light ranging exercises but no resisted stuff for a couple of weeks. Do see a Doc. Do a light feel through the muscles and see if there is any spot that feels denser or sharper in pain. Then slide through it lightly to identify it's borders (lessening of the dense tissue. then slide lightly to the center and press into it at about 40 lbs/ sq in that's not much hold for a minute and see if you feel the tissue move like a slow worm.. sounds funny but it's Myofacial release and oft times works well with traumatized muscle. It will hurt at first but will subcide. good Luck Dave.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Blitzzz (RIP); 07-23-2009 at 19:35.
Old 07-23-2009, 19:51   #43
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
don't push through the pain but Okay to the pain.. Firstly you should ice the heck out of it .Ice til it gets numb then light ranging exercises but no resisted stuff for a couple of weeks. Do see a Doc. Do a light feel through the muscles and see if there is any spot that feels denser or sharper in pain. Then slide through it lightly to identify it's borders (lessening of the dense tissue. then slide lightly to the center and press into it at about 40 lbs/ sq in that's not much hold for a minute and see if you feel the tissue move like a slow worm.. sounds funny but it's Myofacial release and oft times works well with traumatized muscle. It will hurt at first but will subcide. good Luck Dave.
Oh yeah .. right THERE... No problem finding the real sore spot.

How often to I poke at it like you just told me? Heat before? ROM excercised after? Ice?
Old 07-23-2009, 20:13   #44
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Question Knee Surgery ..............

Blitzzz,

Can you tell me what to do after surgery?................

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 21:10   #45
Praetorian
Guerrilla

Ive only been doing this about two weeks now, but my bad shoulder isnt hurting as bad as it was before I started. It generally feels more stable as well.

For about the last 9 years or so, if I rolled onto that side of my body in my sleep at night, I would eventually wake up with the shoulder in extreme pain and the rest of the arm would be NUMB or TINGLING down to the fingers... I would be unable to move my arm AT ALL, and my wife would have to sort of push me on my back, elevate the arm and rub the deltoid until it sort of went back into place and the pain subsided.

Last night I rolled onto the arm, and nothing happened. I sort of woke up several times thinking "I should be hurting right now" but it was totally comfortable....

I do shoulders again tomorrow.
Praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote