Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-26-2004, 00:11   #1
Radar Rider
Guerrilla Chief

Teresa Heinz Kerry: "Shove it"

The democRATs/liberals are always preaching tolerance. The irony in the following story is interesting, yet I'm not at all surprised:

Posted on Mon, Jul. 26, 2004

Heinz Kerry calls for more civil tone in politics, then says "shove it"

PETER JACKSON

Associated Press

BOSTON - Teresa Heinz Kerry urged her home-state delegates to the Democratic National Convention to restore a more civil tone to American politics, then minutes later told a newspaperman to "shove it."

"We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics," she told her fellow Pennsylvanians at a Sunday night reception at the Massachusetts Statehouse.

Minutes later, Colin McNickle, the editorial page editor of the conservative Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, questioned her on exactly what she meant by the term "un-American," according to a tape of the encounter recorded by Pittsburgh television station WTAE.

Heinz Kerry said "I didn't say that" several times to McNickle. She then turned to confer with Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell and others. When she faced McNickle again a short time later, he continued to question her, and she replied, "You said something I didn't say. Now shove it."

The Pennsylvania delegation was the first to be visited by the wife of presumptive Democratic nominee John Kerry. Before her encounter with McNickle, she criticized the tenor of modern political campaigns, without being specific.

"I remember a time when people in political parties in Pennsylvania talked to one another and actually got things done," said Heinz Kerry, whose first husband, Republican Sen. John Heinz of Pennsylvania, was killed in a plane crash in 1991. "We have to go back to those days when we can do things properly, for the people need it."

"My prayers for you, for me, for the country, for the world, are that we keep this at a high level, with dignity, with respect and with a great idealism and courage that took our forefathers to build this great nation," she said.

Also Sunday, Heinz Kerry acknowledged being nervous about her scheduled Tuesday night speech.

She said she had to practice "a speech that is written on the TelePrompTers, and I'm kind of dreading it, because I am generally unscripted."

Pennsylvania's delegation to the Democratic National Convention revived plans to attend the city-sponsored reception at the Massachusetts capitol only hours before Heinz Kerry's appearance, after the threat of union picketing by local police and firefighters faded away.

Previously, to avoid conflicts with protests by the city police and firefighter unions, state party leaders made plans to hold an alternate reception at the delegation's hotel. But they canceled the hotel event after the firefighters reached a contract accord Sunday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Drudge Report has a link to the video; I wonder how long it'll stay up.
Radar Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 00:27   #2
Bravo1-3
Guerrilla Chief

AS I said on another board... "I wonder if Crow tastes good with Ketchup?"
Bravo1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:55   #3
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Re: Teresa Heinz Kerry: "Shove it"

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar Rider

Heinz Kerry calls for more civil tone in politics, then says "shove it"

I am definitely no Kerry supporter or fan of Teresa and if that scum sucking liar gets elected all Heinz Products I currently own will go to the food shelf so all our Bush hating, down trodden, underpriviledged Bernie Sanders supporting, parents up here who make their kids use the free lunch program so that they can continue to finance their new snow machines and extended cab pick ups can eat. Sort of like the four years I swore off peanut butter when that bubble head Jimmy, let me give away the Panama Canal, Carter was in office. However, the only fault I see with Teresa's action with the abnoxious reporter was that she didn't snatch that tape recorder and cram it up his fourth point of contact. But then, being the wife of John, I only chase down and kill folks that are no longer legally combatants, Kerry she does sort of fit the mold of words not action.

Jack Moroney
Old 07-26-2004, 08:53   #4
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Dear Col. I applaud your consideration of banning Heinz products from your kitchen. I did that years ago because the Heinz Foundations and endowments give away millions (about 4.9 in the last 5 years) of dollars to radical environmental groups and anti-firearm groups. These ketchup dollars are given to "pass thru" organizations that keep these tax deductable contributions confidential and then distribute from there to the radical causes. Money from pass through organizations like this fund stuff that some may be be very curious about, might even show up on someones domestic terrorism watch radar. (edited for spelling...)

Last edited by Bill Harsey; 07-26-2004 at 09:24.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:33   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Thing is Sir, she said it, then said she didn't. She lied, so why be civil?

VIDEO... http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/index.html
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:41   #6
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Our esteemed Prime Minister has had several gaffes like this one, so Mrs. Kerry is in good lefty company.

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:46   #7
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

I saw the video of ketchup babe making "shove it' comment this morning on national broadcast news, very First Lady like.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:50   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Thing is Sir, she said it, then said she didn't. She lied, so why be civil?

VIDEO... http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/index.html
1. Mz. Heinz-Kerry is a loose cannon that can do him a lot more harm than good. May be time to put the would be First "Lady" back in the closet till after the election. Her comments that she is used to speaking extemporaneously and "unscripted" would do the President a lot more good that her gold-digging husband.

2. So it is okay to refuse to answer questions from "a right-wing rag"? I thought that they roundly castigated the President for insulting a reporter from what I would refer to (and frequently do) as "a left-wing rag", which has been known to fabricate stories and permit their "journalists" to do the same? I guess that it is okay for one group, but not the other?

3. I predict that this story will be quickly sunk, like the one that observed the irony in Kerry taking a Rolls-Royce to speak to the common man about American jobs in Michigan. Great thing is that it was a reporter from one of the major papers from a VERY important swing state. Hey, isn't Michigan an important swing state as well? Think they will speak to Her Highness the Billionairess about this?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:07   #9
Airbornelawyer

What exactly is an "un-Pennsylvanian ... trait"?

When you criticize their policy positions, they cry that you are impugning their patriotism. Then, rather than engage in an honest debate over policy differences with the current Administration, they impugn others' patriotism:

"To have a couple of people, who escaped four, five, six times and deferred and deferred and deferred calling him anything regarding his service is in and of itself unpatriotic. Unpatriotic," - Teresa Heinz Kerry, May 2004, on George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and other critics of her husband's record.

"John Ashcroft is not a patriot. John Ashcroft is a descendant of Joseph McCarthy." - Howard Dean, September 2003.

"In 2000 the Repubs stole the election - now they're trying to steal Patriotism." - Wesley Clark, November 2003.

"He is not leading this country in the right direction, and he's declared war on the American people." - Richard Gephardt, about George W. Bush, August 2003.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:49   #10
Bravo1-3
Guerrilla Chief

Awwww, the Dems must be so proud! She can say something, have it recorded onvideo, and then claim she didn't say it just like the rest of them! Our little girl is all grown up!
Bravo1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 13:25   #11
Solid
Guerrilla Chief

ROFLMAO!!

That was classic.
Solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 14:47   #12
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I say we FREE MARTHA NOW! and reduce her sentence if she challenges this Ketchup woman to a fight and wins!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 07-26-2004, 14:48   #13
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
I say we FREE MARTHA NOW! and reduce her sentence if she challenges this Ketchup woman to a fight and wins!
STEEL CAGE MATCH!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 14:51   #14
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

LOL
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 07-26-2004, 15:05   #15
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

LOL....

I was thinking-

LIGHTS OUT.... BARB WIRE TEXAS DEATHMATCH
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote