Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 11-10-2022, 09:38   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
The ship needs a new Captian

Someone needs to hear this.

As the RED Wave dissipates in a fine mist across the nation, I'll go out on a limb and say

The Donald should retire.

The left has so much hate for him and anything related to his zeal, that he effectively helps Democrats more than Republicans.. 🙁

This ship needs a new Captain..

IDK, change my mind 🙁
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 314943064_5618509908204423_5144088044984328079_n.jpg (37.6 KB, 17 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:41   #2
275RLTW
Asset

Agreed. While his prowess as POTUS can be debated for days, he lost the political fight. Nancy and others smeared him consistently enough that the shit won’t rub off now. Even if he runs again, and can deliver miracles, people don’t want the drama attached to it.
275RLTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:55   #3
PRB
Quiet Professional

Agree and have been of this mind after his loss in 2020...the only thing that can energize dems in this climate is Trump. GO HOME and keep a low profile (right)
PRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:38   #4
bblhead672
Area Commander

Absolutely agree.
The only reason for Trump to run again is for his ego, not for the good of the country or the Republican party.

Trump = Covid lockdowns, killer fast tracked vaccines, bump stock bans, red flag law support
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:21   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Absolutely agree.
The only reason for Trump to run again is for his ego, not for the good of the country or the Republican party.

Trump = Covid lockdowns, killer fast tracked vaccines, bump stock bans, red flag law support
I'm generally a big fan of the orange man - for the main reason that it was his cultivated brand of political showmanship with a spoonful of crazy that forced people to acknowledge that something in DC is fucking broken. The light has been shined and people have to accept or reject the fact that "Permanent Washington" is not your friend - REGARDLESS of your party affiliation.

The problem is, there really are a lot of aMEriKanS still skulking along blindly praising their favorite political performer from their favorite partisan polyticks team - that forget than the COVID lockdowns started under President Trump. We had enough resources and access to knowledge, that 'we the people' could have better navigated that over-hyped and contrived crisis. Instead, President trump let himself be pressured into handing Saint Anthony Fauci the power to initiate the economic car wreck that some of us will be recovering from for years.
My 401k is SHIT after these last few years and it isn't going to rebuild itself anytime soon.

Fast tracking the vaccines can be taken however people wish to take it - good bad or indifferent - but the idea of letting the pharmaceutical companies run wild with no legal repercussions started on Trumps watch because he yielded to political pressure instead of firing Saint Anthony during act-one of the COVID-19 show.
The end result - the vaccine that forced the deep state to redefine the word "vaccine" - the vaccine that has compromised the military career of good people - the vaccine that has cost people their jobs - and the vaccine that has possibly cost people their very lives was all broht about by an administration scrambling to ease public opinion during a crisis that was clearly NOT as bad as the liberal media machine made it out to be.
...come on' man: Everyone knows "the line"by now:

"Thank god I got "the shot", or this third bout of COVID that I've had since getting twice vaccinated and boosted and boosted again, would have been MUCH worse"

President Trump "owns" the bump stock bans - that was done just to curry favor during a point of low ratings. did suppressor laws get through before the administration decided to back off on pushing for expanding our 2A freedoms?
Or did we worhsip a "pro-gun" polytishin that allowed more restrictive measures to creep in on us?
Don't listen to what I have to say - read, learn, think, and then make your own decisions based on "where we are today"

President Trump "owns" his support for red flag laws. A man of the law that supports guilty until proven innocent when it comes to gun ownership. My guns rights don't seem to have gotten better between 2016 and 2020 - but thats just what the view looks like from my own personal foxhole.

Does that mean I wouldn't vote for him again?
It does NOT mean that at all - I'll vote for him as often as your average democratic activist will vote for Joe Biden. That still doesn't mean that it might be time for him to realize that even Nolan Ryan got pulled for a relief pitcher when things weren't going his way.

The bigger problem is how UNWILLING career reptilians
...sorry - autocorrect - I meant "career republicans"

The bigger problem is how UNWILLING our career republicans seem to be when it comes to throwing even a fraction of shit BACK at the democrats.
The democrats are the meanest shit slinging monkeys in the zoo.
Republicans on the other hand, are like that little ass kissing teachers pet that reminds the teacher that we didn't get any homework to do over the long weekend...
...and here we are, no better off than we were four years ago.

For now, it looks like I'll just have to go back to doing like many aMEriKanS have been doing for decades - voting against the other party - not "for" my own candidate.

I was happy to vote FOR donald Trump in 2016. I voted AGAINST Joe Biden's handlers in 2020.
I'll vote against vote against democrat handlers again in 2024 unless something better comes along but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 11-10-2022 at 11:47.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:37   #6
bubba
Quiet Professional

I like how Trump seems to be a lightning rod for the lefticrats (both parties). In a perfect world he’ll keep baiting them with a run and then announce that he’s not running. The waste of time and energy could just be worth it.

On a more strategic front, the aMeriKan slothery could care less about anything politikal. They are more worried about the score of sports ball and why the local super-box store doesn’t have their favorite flavor of fatty cake soda available in super-jumbo…..

While this may seem to be an overall negative, I see it as an actual positive thing. We, the Men of this forum, have done our jobs, and this is the proof. The average citizen doesn’t worry about jack shit because of our sacrifices.

We Won! Enjoy the Win already!
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 14:11   #7
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I'm generally a big fan of the orange man - for the main reason that it was his cultivated brand of political showmanship with a spoonful of crazy that forced people to acknowledge that something in DC is fucking broken. The light has been shined and people have to accept or reject the fact that "Permanent Washington" is not your friend - REGARDLESS of your party affiliation.

The problem is, there really are a lot of aMEriKanS still skulking along blindly praising their favorite political performer from their favorite partisan polyticks team - that forget than the COVID lockdowns started under President Trump. We had enough resources and access to knowledge, that 'we the people' could have better navigated that over-hyped and contrived crisis. Instead, President trump let himself be pressured into handing Saint Anthony Fauci the power to initiate the economic car wreck that some of us will be recovering from for years.
My 401k is SHIT after these last few years and it isn't going to rebuild itself anytime soon.

Fast tracking the vaccines can be taken however people wish to take it - good bad or indifferent - but the idea of letting the pharmaceutical companies run wild with no legal repercussions started on Trumps watch because he yielded to political pressure instead of firing Saint Anthony during act-one of the COVID-19 show.
The end result - the vaccine that forced the deep state to redefine the word "vaccine" - the vaccine that has compromised the military career of good people - the vaccine that has cost people their jobs - and the vaccine that has possibly cost people their very lives was all broht about by an administration scrambling to ease public opinion during a crisis that was clearly NOT as bad as the liberal media machine made it out to be.
...come on' man: Everyone knows "the line"by now:

"Thank god I got "the shot", or this third bout of COVID that I've had since getting twice vaccinated and boosted and boosted again, would have been MUCH worse"

President Trump "owns" the bump stock bans - that was done just to curry favor during a point of low ratings. did suppressor laws get through before the administration decided to back off on pushing for expanding our 2A freedoms?
Or did we worhsip a "pro-gun" polytishin that allowed more restrictive measures to creep in on us?
Don't listen to what I have to say - read, learn, think, and then make your own decisions based on "where we are today"

President Trump "owns" his support for red flag laws. A man of the law that supports guilty until proven innocent when it comes to gun ownership. My guns rights don't seem to have gotten better between 2016 and 2020 - but thats just what the view looks like from my own personal foxhole.

Does that mean I wouldn't vote for him again?
It does NOT mean that at all - I'll vote for him as often as your average democratic activist will vote for Joe Biden. That still doesn't mean that it might be time for him to realize that even Nolan Ryan got pulled for a relief pitcher when things weren't going his way.

The bigger problem is how UNWILLING career reptilians
...sorry - autocorrect - I meant "career republicans"

The bigger problem is how UNWILLING our career republicans seem to be when it comes to throwing even a fraction of shit BACK at the democrats.
The democrats are the meanest shit slinging monkeys in the zoo.
Republicans on the other hand, are like that little ass kissing teachers pet that reminds the teacher that we didn't get any homework to do over the long weekend...
...and here we are, no better off than we were four years ago.

For now, it looks like I'll just have to go back to doing like many aMEriKanS have been doing for decades - voting against the other party - not "for" my own candidate.

I was happy to vote FOR donald Trump in 2016. I voted AGAINST Joe Biden's handlers in 2020.
I'll vote against vote against democrat handlers again in 2024 unless something better comes along but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Better said than what I wrote...fully agree with your assessment.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 15:41   #8
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Someone needs to hear this.

As the RED Wave dissipates in a fine mist across the nation, I'll go out on a limb and say

The Donald should retire.

The left has so much hate for him and anything related to his zeal, that he effectively helps Democrats more than Republicans.. 🙁

This ship needs a new Captain..

IDK, change my mind 🙁
Totally agree and I am glad you started the conversation.
Old 11-10-2022, 17:25   #9
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Totally agree and I am glad you started the conversation.
Ditto. It's going to get crazier if he runs because there are still some serious cultists out there. I get that it takes the audacity he has sometimes to get the commies to pull the curtain back like they did & still are. But he regularly ruins political potential for others because he can't keep his ego in check. It's kind a like a certain blond cavalry Lt. Col. who got lucky once in the Civil War and charged a position with no intel, no previous recon, and no scouts out. He came out Ok so thought it would work again at Little Big Horn.

As to the cultists, I don't mean the admirerers, or twice voters (I was one), or those appreciating the concept of America First.

These are not MegaMAGA, or even Ultra MegaMAGA. These are Supercalifragi-MAGA. But I don't think they have the numbers to run a national campaign when faced with a couple of viable alternatives.

For me the music died when I heard: "Take the guns first. Do due-process later." Hopefully there are some different voices in his bunker.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 20:26   #10
Paslode
Area Commander

Trump might be better suited in a role as a promotor or running interference for the cause rather than a candidate. Trump is problematic in his current role, but self serving RINO's like McConnell, McCarthy, Graham, Romney, Rona McDaniel, Karl Rove, etc are just as much or more of the problem for the conservative cause.

The Conservative Treehouse has this to say:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s/#more-239635

Last edited by Paslode; 11-10-2022 at 20:56.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 21:29   #11
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

Wow, so much intelligent thought and insight in one thread.

I too am a Trump voter (x2), and as Box has opined, would vote for him again. BUT, I don’t think he will be the best for the nation. He keeps confusing his own wants with the nations needs. We do not need an President who appears primarily EGO driven, without a philosophy for governing, and a willingness to destroy anyone, if he even suspects “alienation of affection”, or a lack of a bended knee.

He is bombastic when tact is required, petty when he must be Magnanimous, divisive when it is not required, Braggadocio when such conduct is inappropriate and off-putting, Is loath to admit a mistake or error, often blaming others,
He often speaks “off the cuff” on sensitive issues and information (remember B1Bob Dornan), and is far too open with the legacy press / media. Someone once said of him that he wants to be the bride at every wedding, and the corpse at every funeral.

In spite of his business success, he lacks basic skills in recruiting competent staff; was easily impressed with “shiney things” (and hired them), poorly manages, or micromanages good staff, (‘till thy leave), and cannot identify who the “BAD” guys in government service are, and either not appoint them, or remove them for cause. Cases on point, (a bakers dozen), in no particular order: Bolton, Esper, Haspel, Kelly, Mattis, Miller, Pompeo, Priebus, Ross, Scaramucci, Sessions, Tillerson, Wray.

GOOD POINTS

He handled foreign affairs in a superb manner, developing some connections with foreign leaders that was not possible, or even attempted, with other Presidents.

He stabilized the world for a short time, and it appeared that a major war or threats of war were in the rear view mirror.

He tapped into the American spirit (much like Reagan) and made us proud of our country (especially after the Kenyon) and hopeful about the future.

He truly admired the Military, and was proud and happy to be in their presence.

He Started building the border walls, and drastically slowing illegal immigration.

He attained American energy independence.

He reduced the Tax burden on average citizens, and simplified the tax code and regulations.

He realigned the Supreme Court with a centrist approach.

If he runs again, I will vote for him, and not as a protest vote against the democrat, but because there is no one on their side of the fence that can hold a candle to this mixed blessing we have had as the POTUS.

SnT

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 21:37   #12
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf n Turf View Post
Wow, so much intelligent thought and insight in one thread.

I too am a Trump voter (x2), and as Box has opined, would vote for him again. BUT, I don’t think he will be the best for the nation. He keeps confusing his own wants with the nations needs. We do not need an President who appears primarily EGO driven, without a philosophy for governing, and a willingness to destroy anyone, if he even suspects “alienation of affection”, or a lack of a bended knee.

He is bombastic when tact is required, petty when he must be Magnanimous, divisive when it is not required, Braggadocio when such conduct is inappropriate and off-putting, Is loath to admit a mistake or error, often blaming others,
He often speaks “off the cuff” on sensitive issues and information (remember B1Bob Dornan), and is far too open with the legacy press / media. Someone once said of him that he wants to be the bride at every wedding, and the corpse at every funeral.

In spite of his business success, he lacks basic skills in recruiting competent staff; was easily impressed with “shiney things” (and hired them), poorly manages, or micromanages good staff, (‘till thy leave), and cannot identify who the “BAD” guys in government service are, and either not appoint them, or remove them for cause. Cases on point, (a bakers dozen), in no particular order: Bolton, Esper, Haspel, Kelly, Mattis, Miller, Pompeo, Priebus, Ross, Scaramucci, Sessions, Tillerson, Wray.

GOOD POINTS

He handled foreign affairs in a superb manner, developing some connections with foreign leaders that was not possible, or even attempted, with other Presidents.

He stabilized the world for a short time, and it appeared that a major war or threats of war were in the rear view mirror.

He tapped into the American spirit (much like Reagan) and made us proud of our country (especially after the Kenyon) and hopeful about the future.

He truly admired the Military, and was proud and happy to be in their presence.

He Started building the border walls, and drastically slowing illegal immigration.

He attained American energy independence.

He reduced the Tax burden on average citizens, and simplified the tax code and regulations.

He realigned the Supreme Court with a centrist approach.

If he runs again, I will vote for him, and not as a protest vote against the democrat, but because there is no one on their side of the fence that can hold a candle to this mixed blessing we have had as the POTUS.

SnT
I agree with all this and I voted for Trump twice also. I have been of the opinion for a few months that DeSantis may be the best GOP candidate now.
Old 11-11-2022, 05:31   #13
JimP
Quiet Professional

Desantis is Trump without the poor impulse control, the massive ego, or twitchy twitter-thumbs. Trump would have been fine had he just STFU on occasion and had someone tied his thumbs together.

Laike ya'll, I voted for Trump. Will do it again if that is the only choice, but we HAVE to do better. His lack of character is disturbing. We don't need the republican equivalent of Bill Clinton, we need a competent, magnanimous, virtuous, humble person withe a sense of putting the Country over self.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 06:45   #14
Swoop
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Desantis is Trump without the poor impulse control, the massive ego, or twitchy twitter-thumbs. Trump would have been fine had he just STFU on occasion and had someone tied his thumbs together. .
Totally agree! I voted for him twice (and would again if that’s the only option) but I believe DeSantis is the best choice as of now.

The ego of Trump is the blind spot for the man. He backed candidates that were not the better choice, but were the ones that kissed his ass; and they got theirs handed to them…which stemmed what should have been a red tsunami. JMOO
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 07:09   #15
bubba
Quiet Professional

So….. maybe I’m reading too much into this but….. An impeached president who was followed by a guy worse than the peanut farmer (that allowed the Russians to invade a neighbor, pulled out of a really long and unpopular war, and has crazy inflation issues) is trying to compete with a Republican Governor from a populous costal state named Ron? Yeah……. History may not repeat itself, but it definitely has the potential to rhyme…….
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 11-11-2022 at 07:16.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote