Old 05-11-2006, 06:58   #46
Jaeger1980
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4S
How far from Toelz are you? Driving wise.
206 miles.

Quote:
How often do you get to Bad Toelz?
I haven't been to Bad Tölz since a few years. But I'll travel through this area most likely in August this year when I'm on my way to Austria... and once more on my way back.
Jaeger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 23:23   #47
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger1980
206 miles.

I haven't been to Bad Tölz since a few years. But I'll travel through this area most likely in August this year when I'm on my way to Austria... and once more on my way back.
OK. Thanks Jaeger. Lately, I have been on a quest. Trying to remember the name of a place, I used to just about live in, when I wasn't off somewhere else. Problem is, I can't remember the name, neither can my EX. We knew the owner, his mom and Oma. His name was Herbie. His restaurant, bar was east of the Isar. It'll come back to me sometime.

Last edited by 12B4S; 05-14-2006 at 00:58.
12B4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:04   #48
12B4S
Quiet Professional

If you get the chance in August. Think you would have time and look up a name in the phone directory for me? I tried Googling for that, but came up with nothing.

One of the guys on my team was married to a local gal that was born and rasied in Toelz. Her name was Rosie. His name was Ron Brown. He would be long retired by now. Perhaps he settled in Toelz.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:22   #49
Jaeger1980
Asset

Quote:
If you get the chance in August. Think you would have time and look up a name in the phone directory for me? I tried Googling for that, but came up with nothing.

One of the guys on my team was married to a local gal that was born and rasied in Toelz. Her name was Rosie. His name was Ron Brown. He would be long retired by now. Perhaps he settled in Toelz.
I just searched for them on http://www.teleauskunft.de/ and called the german phone directory enquiries - both negative. So there won't be any entry in the Bad Tölz phone directory neither.

Some people just don't want to have their numbers in the public directories.

I could call the BT inhabitants registration office to find out if they live or lived in the area of BT, if you want.

I could also use nonofficial sources to find them, if you want.
Jaeger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:14   #50
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:

If it is the Ron Brown with a twin brother named Don, he lives in NC, last I heard.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 21:37   #51
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger1980
I just searched for them on http://www.teleauskunft.de/ and called the german phone directory enquiries - both negative. So there won't be any entry in the Bad Tölz phone directory neither.

Some people just don't want to have their numbers in the public directories.

I could call the BT inhabitants registration office to find out if they live or lived in the area of BT, if you want.

I could also use nonofficial sources to find them, if you want.
Thanks Jaeger. I appreciate the time you took to check it out. it was just a thought. I have no real reason for thinking he would retire there. However, I do love the part about using "nonofficial sources" thing. Don't know why, just seem to relate to it.
Old 05-14-2006, 21:44   #52
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
If it is the Ron Brown with a twin brother named Don, he lives in NC, last I heard.

TR
Thanks TR. If he had a twin brother, I either wasn't aware of it, or forgot. His full name was... Brown, Ronald W. He was our senior commo guy.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:45   #53
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
AKA "Charlie" Brown...haven't seen him since i left BT in '83...he was going to retire "soon", but i think he may have stayed on to make E9...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 18:02   #54
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
AKA "Charlie" Brown...haven't seen him since i left BT in '83...he was going to retire "soon", but i think he may have stayed on to make E9...
Yeah Steve, he was called "Charlie" Brown and Brownie. Did you ever meet his wife?
Old 05-15-2006, 18:25   #55
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Yeah Steve, he was called "Charlie" Brown and Brownie. Did you ever meet his wife?
oh, hell yeah...we were both on the battalion staff for awhile...we got together frequently...good folks...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 05-15-2006, 21:50   #56
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Her name was Rosie right? She was born and raised in Toelz?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:59   #57
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Her name was Rosie right? She was born and raised in Toelz?
Rosie...yup...she born and raised near Toelz...i think it was Greiling, but i may be confusing her with another one of the local lovelies...
Old 05-16-2006, 16:14   #58
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Well damn! Finally ran into someone out here, that knew someone, I did way back when.

You're right Steve, They are great folks. I don't suppose, they still had Leon (a St Bernard).

Would be great to find 'Charlie' Brown and get him out here. One of the QP's sent me an email for a Ronald W. Brown. I emailed him yesterday. Not sure if it is Brownie though. I have an old Team pic, I'll scan and send to you Steve.
Old 05-16-2006, 21:39   #59
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Would be great to find 'Charlie' Brown and get him out here. One of the QP's sent me an email for a Ronald W. Brown. I emailed him yesterday. Not sure if it is Brownie though. I have an old Team pic, I'll scan and send to you Steve.
who else could Ronald W. Brown be...? thinking back, could be that Rosie was from Gaissach...never used to get Greiling and Gaissach confused...now, the only drop zone i remember for sure is Karen...i can't remember if Grief was up the road toward Greiling or if it was Edith...
Old 05-16-2006, 22:03   #60
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
who else could Ronald W. Brown be...? thinking back, could be that Rosie was from Gaissach...never used to get Greiling and Gaissach confused...now, the only drop zone i remember for sure is Karen...i can't remember if Grief was up the road toward Greiling or if it was Edith...
Can only be one 'Charlie' Brown in SF, married to a local gal named Rosie. But as I remember, she was born and raised in Toelz. Anywhere in the area is close enough. I don't remember if any of the DZ's we used even had names. I do remember the one we jumped into the most. It was a farmer's field. Of course, he gave his permission and all and was notified about each jump. The guy had an evil sense of humor however. When he knew we would be 'dropping in' he would choose those days to bring out his 'honey wagon' and well, prep the DZ for us. Pleasant.