Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 04-05-2004, 13:45   #1
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Special Action Force (SAF)

Do you think we need to go back to this concept?

BMT
Old 04-05-2004, 15:12   #2
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I don't know what it is. Is this close?

SAF
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 15:22   #3
Solid
Guerrilla Chief

... That's just strange.
Solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 15:23   #4
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

SAF

Not even close but a nice looking gal. SAF was when SF Gps. had assigned Eng.,MP, ASA, CA and Med. Det.

BMT
Sr. FOG
Old 04-05-2004, 15:28   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Aaah! Like the Jarhead thing with the MEU. I'll wait for a while, need to think about it and read some other posts. Right off, it sounds like a good idea to me, which means something is wrong.

BTW, from what I hear, those young ladies have been trained at considerable expense and are not just models. Apparently they are considered "competent" with their weapons.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-05-2004, 15:31   #6
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Aaah! Like the Jarhead thing with the MEU. I'll wait for a while, need to think about it and read some other posts. Right off, it sounds like a good idea to me, which means something is wrong.

BTW, from what I hear, those young ladies have been trained at considerable expense and are not just models. Apparently they are considered "competent" with their weapons.
Yeah..competent!! Don't even start in on me you_______! LOL

You better reread that site's bio... Mr. Jack may have to stomp a mud hole in you for ripping on his girls. haha http://www.groundzerointernational.com/staff1.htm
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 15:36   #7
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

No seriously, from what I hear they really can shoot. Quit hijacking the thread.

BMT, when did they get rid of the SAF and why?
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-05-2004, 15:45   #8
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

SAF

I forgot to include an MI det. The only problem I see is getting INSCOM to turn men. Doesn't present day Gps. have an MI det.?

BMT
Sr. FOG
Old 04-05-2004, 16:20   #9
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Re: SAF

Quote:
Originally posted by BMT
Doesn't present day Gps. have an MI det.?

BMT
Sr. FOG
Yes we do and they can be a pain in the ass.
Old 04-18-2004, 17:20   #10
Psywar1-0
Guerrilla

They tried something like this idea with Force XXI. I forget all the different add ons they had, other than the Psyop Detachement.

In 7th, the GP Cdr didnt like the Psyop guys and made them the USR bitches, since no one knew the latin mind like SF Guys.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:08   #11
Solid
Guerrilla Chief

What would such a set-up do with relations with the rest of the Army? While it might increase SF's ability by allowing them to run the show their own way, wouldn't it also drive a further wedge between SF and the Army?

Solid
Solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:43   #12
AngelsSix
Area Commander

Team Sgt:

Quote:
Yes we do and they can be a pain in the ass.
LMAO!! Especially when you have to live with the squirelly beggars!!

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
AngelsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 16:00   #13
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

1st SAFAsia was as described. We also had aviation assets if I remember correctly. It allowed teams to deploy on a wider variety of missons with assets directly linked to the command, instead fo borrowed assets. The primary assist was in Civic Action, Disaster Relief, and FID efforts. Easier to get a package on the ground running.

Some problems arose over the fact that some elements, ie Engineers, were not SF and some friction occured. However, it orked well overal and I would recommend going back to it.

As far as jealousy from the Army, we really didn;t get it becasue they were happy we were not using up their assets, only our own.

My 2 cents.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 22:03   #14
Capt_G
Asset

I work in the Future Capabilities Division of SOCPAC and we have had a few discussions that this may be the way to go in the future. If you look at the TARSOC concept they are almost there already anyway.
Capt_G is offline   Reply With Quote