Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Edged Weapons

Old 04-21-2023, 13:04   #16
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
PZ3, Good news of the verification. Opening at $2K bid seems high, does CR have an upper NG on the cost? If so, would a combined effort, in the form of pledge $ commitment from others, usher this home to where it belongs? We would commit $500 towards the winning bid.
From the bleachers, sure hope it can happen. Wish I could do Jedi mind tricks on the auction house for that JFK photo collection as an add-in to the knife for you all. Good luck!

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 22:57   #17
pyreaux
Guerrilla

If needed I can throw $100 in and get it to Tim or whoever coordinate a the effort.

Hopefully it doesn't end up with multiple parties with the same goal fighting each other.

Ill reach out to Tim in the morning.
pyreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 23:04   #18
pyreaux
Guerrilla

Definitely looks like bills hand work, the lines on the flats taper VS the more parallel lines in the production version grinds look really close to no 0002 which had publicly available photos post by Bill.
Old 04-21-2023, 23:12   #19
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
PZ3, Good news of the verification. Opening at $2K bid seems high, does CR have an upper NG on the cost? If so, would a combined effort, in the form of pledge $ commitment from others, usher this home to where it belongs? We would commit $500 towards the winning bid.
Bill has told me that CRK is willing to bid on it and pay for it unilaterally. They are all in apparently on paying for it themselves, whatever that price may be.
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 12:33   #20
pyreaux
Guerrilla

Any word on where it ended up?
Old 05-20-2023, 19:34   #21
cbtengr
Area Commander

It was lot 2201 and in going through the end results of the auction the knife is not to be found. It is always a shame when I see personal items such as these go to auction. Everything else seemed to go for a reasonable amount. I am a registered bidder with R&R and they only deal in high end items. This auction fell through the cracks with me as I usually follow them very closely my loss.

https://www.rrauction.com/auctions/a...ort=time&cat=0
Old 05-20-2023, 20:23   #22
pyreaux
Guerrilla

Interesting that it's not showing up. I checked in with the reeve shop and they weren't able to get it. Said it was over $10k.