Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Hunting & Fishing > Fin

Old 03-05-2017, 20:36   #31
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Man. All I can say is that the fishing was AMAZING today at Ft Desoto. The CATCHING however, sucked balls.

I put in a good 8 hours. I improved my casting distance so that is good, but that's about it.
Old 03-05-2017, 21:30   #32
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
Man. All I can say is that the fishing was AMAZING today at Ft Desoto. The CATCHING however, sucked balls.

I put in a good 8 hours. I improved my casting distance so that is good, but that's about it.
However...............
fish.jpg
Old 03-05-2017, 22:17   #33
VVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
However...............
Attachment 33447
Working is for those who don't play golf :
Old 03-12-2017, 21:43   #34
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
Some interesting hulls even saw a selfbailer. If I ever get back to the South Eastern Coast I would like to go to some of the Florida clear water springs. In some of the images a friend showed me you couldn't really tell what was going on the fish looked like they were flying, the attached image was as close as I could find. There are also some of the worlds best beaches St Joseph's and St George Beaches were always on my list. Take advantage

This looks like e rainbow springs off of hwy 41 westish mid Florida. My absolute favorite place on earth.

Last edited by NurseTim; 03-12-2017 at 21:48.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:37   #35
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseTim View Post
This looks like e rainbow springs off of hwy 41 westish mid Florida. My absolute favorite place on earth.
Rainbow (Springs) River (aka KP Hole), Dunellin, FL is where the dive store I work goes for does dive training. Crystal clear water and 72* year round!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:07   #36
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

I've been fishing out of a kayak for about 4 years now. All fresh water. I own a bass boat but love fishing out of the yak during the warm summer months where I can hit a small lake/pond/river without having to drive for an hour. I have an Ascend 128FST sold by BassPro. Large and stable (for fat guys like me) I can easily stand in it for longer casts and better hooksets. I've gotten some of my gear from yakattack (https://www.yakattack.us). My most recent purchase was a command stand. Highly recommend it if you're going to spend a lot of time standing up.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote