Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18D

Old 09-25-2009, 14:31   #1
hackattack
SF Candidate

Any Delta's have advice on a strained lower back?

I strained my lower back almost 3 weeks ago and I am reporting to OSUT to start my 18x contract in a little under 2 weeks. Back is still nagging and I need a fix before I report. I havent been able to run in a while because of it. Also got swine flu and am trying to get over that. Needless to say, my PT has taken a hit. I have been maintaining an ice and heat regiment for a while, along with ibuprofen. Have gotten a massage and have also gone to a chiropractor. Chiropractor was the most recent and seemed to help a good deal. I will be going back in the next few days to see if he can help some more.

Any 18Ds have any more advice to try and take care of this? I would think this problem would be a major issue when trying to ruck and thus I am trying to get it back to 100% before I report. Is this a common problem on teams? Thanks in advance.
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:19   #2
TrooperT
Quiet Professional

Back strain

I don't want to turn this into a Doctor vs. Chiropractor contest but hopefully, you got your back evaluated by a real M.D. to insure everything is really okay. If this is the case, continue with the heating pad, warm soaks (or hot tub), ibuprofen, and slowly increase your exercise until you are back to 100%. I realize that 2 weeks isn't much time left before you report but there isn't any magic pill or physical therapy that will erase a bad muscle strain anywhere on the body.
Old 09-26-2009, 22:43   #3
hackattack
SF Candidate

Thanks trooperT. It actually has taken a decent turn for the better in the last few days so hopefully it will be good to go. just over one week left so it better be good to go!
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote