Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 07-27-2016, 10:02   #1
Sdiver
Area Commander

‘Violent Explosion’ Outside German Office For Migration

... and another incident near Munich.

Quote:
‘Violent Explosion’ Outside German Office For Migration — ‘Arab Men’ Fled Scene

An explosion had occurred in the “immediate vicinity” of a German migrant reception centre operated by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) within the past hour, according to reports.

Germany’s Bayerischer Rundfunk (Bavarian Radio) reports an explosion in Zirndorf, a small town near Munich. The so-called device appears to have been a suitcase stuffed with aerosol cans.

It is reported burning remains of a suitcase was found in a garden and “several Arab-looking men” were seen fleeing from the scene. No motive is known.

A police spokesman said there had been an operation after the explosion, and heavily armed police and dog patrol units have been seen deployed to the area. Police explosive experts have been able to determine that “an explosive device was detonated”, but what precisely is unclear.

The explosion took place approximately 200 meters away from the reception centre, a government facility where newly arrived migrants are housed while their details are being processed, and before they are moved elsewhere.

No casualties have been reported.

Bavaria has been, along with North-Rhine Westphalia an area which has featured predominantly in news reports about terror attacks and migrant crime over the course of the European migrant crisis. Over the past few weeks it has seen a failed suicide bombing in Ansbach where the would-be terrorist blew himself up after failing to get into a music concert. Nearby Munich, the capital of Bavaria saw a teen who has been described as an “Iranian-German” went on a gun rampage in the city mall, and days before that Bavarian town Würzburg saw an Afghan axe attack on a city train.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...en-fled-scene/
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:51   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Damn got to fix the sign again:

"We have gone "0" days without an islamic terrorist attack"

Old 07-27-2016, 13:40   #3
Pete
Quiet Professional

Just needs

Just needs a red "reset" button to push.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 13:44   #4
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

Maybe President Hillary will ask ISIS to press the "reset" button like she did Putin...
Old 07-27-2016, 13:50   #5
eine_frau
Asset

So far what I hear on the news is that a spray can exploded in a suitcase and the suitcase cought fire.

And not to be splitting hairs, but Zirndorf is close to Nuremberg, not close to Munich by Bavarian standards... I know that is just down the road from an American perspective
eine_frau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 13:54   #6
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by eine_frau View Post
So far what I hear on the news is that a spray can exploded in a suitcase and the suitcase cought fire.

And not to be splitting hairs, but Zirndorf is close to Nuremberg, not close to Munich by Bavarian standards... I know that is just down the road from an American perspective
What's your take on things over there, eine frau? It doesn't look good from over here...

The Deutsch I know here are upset and fearful for their children's futures...
Old 07-27-2016, 14:30   #7
eine_frau
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailaviborita View Post
What's your take on things over there, eine frau? It doesn't look good from over here...

The Deutsch I know here are upset and fearful for their children's futures...
I think I could write for hours...
I honestly am not sure what to think, though.

I work with a multinational team. My boss who is also my best friend came here as a refugee. I think her story is a picture perfect success story. She is also the first to say Germany is biting off a bigger peace than we can chew.

The families I take care of come from all nationalities, all classes. I have no issues with any of them.

I have literally zero personal example of a bad situation with refugees. But I also have no contact to groups of single young males.

The nature of my job allows me to get very close to families so I see their hopes, their dreams, their successes, their failures. I understand why people want to get away from violence, persecution, war, poverty... And I see plenty of stories where I just get mad at my government. ( Like a Somali family where both parents were working very hard to learn German and get a job when I took care of them having their first child, two years later with the second child they had completely given up on that after realizing that while working they were running themselves into debt paying for housing, but staying unemployed all expenses were covered by the government. How productive will this family ever be?)

I think we will see more terror attacks, more hysteria, also, suspecting terrorism everywhere. I think people will become even more suspicious of refugees and Muslims in general. I am afraid we will see terrorism and attacks from the far right again. Nazi parties will gain power.
I am afraid I will be affected personally, because my son is American and mixed.

I hope we get it under control, but like most people I am quite afraid to be heading towards a religious world war.
I also believe the solution to the problem is not in Europe but in the Middle East.

Sorry, very personal rant, but you asked...
Old 07-27-2016, 14:42   #8
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Several of the articles I looked at say the suit case was full of aerosol cans.
Which can make a nasty mess if ignited correctly..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/151145...ria-nuremberg/

Given the EU and frau Merkel do not want to upset the beer cart..

Your local news may be "edited"..

Much like the our MSM and the Ministry of Truth do here..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 07-27-2016 at 14:44.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 15:39   #9
eine_frau
Asset

Probably the wrong thread,
But this is also my take on things:
Germany will start cracking down on the known extremists, we have laws and a Grundgesetz and whoever works against it should be prosecuted. If you preach sharia you are against the Grundgesetz

400 officers were raiding a salafist mosque earlier

http://www.epa.eu/crime-law-and-just...hotos-52914001
Old 07-27-2016, 16:15   #10
mark46th
Quiet Professional

"I hope we get it under control,..." Eine_frau

As my dear departed mother was fond of telling me when I wanted something when I was a child...

"Wish in one hand, shit in the other and tell me which one fills up first." Sue Miller 1921-2011
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 16:16   #11
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Probably the wrong thread,
But this is also my take on things:
Germany will start cracking down on the known extremists, we have laws and a Grundgesetz and whoever works against it should be prosecuted. If you preach sharia you are against the Grundgesetz

400 officers were raiding a salafist mosque earlier

http://www.epa.eu/crime-law-and-just...hotos-52914001
If you preach Sharia you are also against the Reinheitsgebot. This is criminal.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 16:30   #12
eine_frau
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
"I hope we get it under control,..." Eine_frau

As my dear departed mother was fond of telling me when I wanted something when I was a child...

"Wish in one hand, shit in the other and tell me which one fills up first." Sue Miller 1921-2011

For now I am wishing... Plan B is to try the refugee thing and come to the States

And I have a Warrant Officer friend who must have met your mother, because he is constantly quoting her

PedOncoDoc
NOBODY will EVER touch the Reinheitsgebot
Watch it get serious if they try
Old 07-27-2016, 16:32   #13
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
If you preach Sharia you are also against the Reinheitsgebot. This is criminal.
Happy 500th birthday! Many of my favorite German beers are in violation of the Reinheitsgebot since they are hefeweizens.
Old 07-27-2016, 17:28   #14
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

Quote:
The nature of my job allows me to get very close to families so I see their hopes, their dreams, their successes, their failures. I understand why people want to get away from violence, persecution, war, poverty.
I actually don't understand people running from violence and war. Maybe to seek a better life- but at some point one has to ask, "when do you stop running and make a stand?" It reminds me of Hull's speech to the tin pans in Pale Rider. What's your price going to be at the next stop?

It seems to me there is a HUGE difference between striking out towards a frontier or growing country due to better economic potential and you have to work your ass off/establish yourself mostly on your own- a country with lots of room wherein you mostly assimilate with the same - basically- religion and culture--- versus fleeing war and going to a rich, established country that has no room wherein you don't assimilate and you are crowded into breeding grounds of jihadism, your religion stays the same and is very different as are your values, and you basically suck off the established social system teat that you aren't assimilating into.

One day we may look back on the conditions that started WWIII and say, "hmmm- we should have seen it coming..."

Last edited by bailaviborita; 07-27-2016 at 17:30.
bailaviborita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 17:35   #15
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Pay no attention to that missing 19 year old Algerian threatening to blow shit up in Lower Saxony. He's just crazy.

http://news.sky.com/story/ill-blow-y...tient-10514712