Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 10th Special Forces Group

Old 12-09-2006, 22:12   #1
Hipshot
Quiet Professional

3rd Bn, 10th SFGA, Ft Devens MA

I looking for anyone who might have been in Co C, 3rd Bn, 10th SFG(A) at Ft Devens, MA in the early 1970's. I was assigned to ODA-333, known as "The Good Deal Gang" (because we got all the 'good deals', like running the kiddie jump tower and enlarging the drop zone (I went into the trees 3 times)). In Sept 73, we went to Denmark to go through the Danish Combat Swimmers Course at Kongsore Torpedo Station. Anyone who went through the school will remember 'the log', the 10K swim in frigid waters and the morning runs through the Danish countryside. Our team leader was Capt Chamberlain, SFC Keith Kincaid was our intel Sgt, Jim Phillips was sr medic, Charlie Keen was engineer Sgt and I was light weapons Sgt. Wish I could remember the others - it was a good team!

I remember Keith Kincaid having a close encounter of the worst kind with the two strand electric fences the Danes had to keep cattle in. We did a small boat infil as part of Flintlock '73 - everyone got wet. We had a Danish frogman with us and he carried a Swedish 'K' submachine gun. They had a rubber pad on the wire stock. They would use that to hold the wires down while you stepped through the wires. As Keith was going through, the wire slipped off the stock and caught him you-know-where. He bounced between the two wires a couple times before he was able to get away. So much for our covert insertion!

Anyway - if there are any old troopers out there, would really like to hear from you.
11F4S - S/Sgt, B/2/12th SFG(A)
a.k.a. Sheep Dog Daddy

God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind.
Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.
It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick.

Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 18:26   #2
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Hipshot - Was in old D company before going to 1st group and came back in 73 to 3d Bn. I was in A Company and had an old fart by the name of Gator Jarrett as my Team Sgt, John Yancy as my commo, and a few others. Did the next two Flintlocks, 74-75 when I left for 3/7.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 17:27   #3
MFFI115
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947
Hipshot - Was in old D company before going to 1st group and came back in 73 to 3d Bn. I was in A Company and had an old fart by the name of Gator Jarrett as my Team Sgt, John Yancy as my commo, and a few others. Did the next two Flintlocks, 74-75 when I left for 3/7.
Rick B.

I joined 315 in Nov 75. Gator was still the Team Sgt when I got there. I believe he went to a ROTC job in Georgia. I stayed on the team as Intel Sgt until Feb '80. Yancey was still there when I got there. I was also with him at CCC in Kontum. You know he got killed in a tng accident at Delta. He was their first fatality, I believe. His name is on their memorial wall. I visit their compound occasionally on my current job.

Carl F.
MFFI115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 18:15   #4
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFI115
Rick B.

I joined 315 in Nov 75. Gator was still the Team Sgt when I got there. I believe he went to a ROTC job in Georgia. I stayed on the team as Intel Sgt until Feb '80. Yancey was still there when I got there. I was also with him at CCC in Kontum. You know he got killed in a tng accident at Delta. He was their first fatality, I believe. His name is on their memorial wall. I visit their compound occasionally on my current job.

Carl F.
Filthy Pierre!! You still drive Vettes like no tomorrow?

Hey Carl, longtime no see!

How goes it, and what have you been up to? Send me a PM so I can give you link up info.

I was with John that evening just before he went to night training. I left to come back up to Devens when Sharon called to say he had been killed. He survived Viet Nam, Iran and various other acts of silliness, to include getting drunk with me, and got caught in a training goof. Fate, Karma, whatever.

Rick B.

Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Author unknown.
Old 02-27-2007, 18:18   #5
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Rats Carl, couldn't blow up your avatar to see who all was in the pic.

Rick B.

Author - Richard.

Author unknown.
Old 02-27-2007, 19:57   #6
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Hey Carl, haven't seen you in a few years either...Good to hear from ya..

George D.

Hipshot, I was on 334 but didn't get there til 76 after rotating from 2d Bn and DLI. Robert C, Kenneth R. and Dennis H. were my TS's while there til 79. Delbert H. was the SGM then Tom R.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"

Last edited by Snaquebite; 02-27-2007 at 20:05.
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 21:37   #7
MFFI115
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Rats Carl, couldn't blow up your avatar to see who all was in the pic.
My feeble old mind can't remember them all. Me, the dark guy in the back, of course; Mike Moore, the tall blonde in the back and next to him, Frank Komoroski.

These are the Murricins, by God, of 1st Exploitation CO, CCS, MACVSOG upon returning from gettin' our axxes kicked on Co Roc Mtn, Laos.

PM follows

Last edited by MFFI115; 02-27-2007 at 21:41.
Old 02-27-2007, 21:35   #8
MFFI115
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Filthy Pierre!! You still drive Vettes like no tomorrow?

Hey Carl, longtime no see!

How goes it, and what have you been up to? Send me a PM so I can give you link up info.

I was with John that evening just before he went to night training. I left to come back up to Devens when Sharon called to say he had been killed. He survived Viet Nam, Iran and various other acts of silliness, to include getting drunk with me, and got caught in a training goof. Fate, Karma, whatever.
Is this my old ski instructor? Yep, I'm on my 6th vette and planning on picking up another this weekend to restore to look like the silver one you know. I have a veeeery tolerant wife.

Carl
Old 02-28-2007, 13:55   #9
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFI115
Is this my old ski instructor? Yep, I'm on my 6th vette and planning on picking up another this weekend to restore to look like the silver one you know. I have a veeeery tolerant wife.

Carl
Yep, this be that a**hole.

Wish mine was that tolerant with motorcycles. Guess I scared her too much in my younger years.

Rick B.

Author - Richard.

Author unknown.