Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-14-2021, 12:49   #46
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Yup - I remember having to buy our own cleaning products for the barracks under Carter. No trucks from the Drop Zone - Sicily is OUT there...

Then Reagan came in and it was like: "Wait...we get ammo, fuel, AND food...?? what's the trick?"
I was over in Italy (SETAF) with the 1/509th. We had to turn in an empty toilet paper roll to get a new one, and we had to turn in a burnt light bulb to get a new one..if they had one. I shit you not.

I worked in the motor pool then, we had stacks of order punch tickets to order vehicle parts, when money finally came through, we'd submit them to get vehicles off of dead line... ahhh the times. Our paychecks were also late a few times...
Old 05-15-2021, 05:25   #47
JimP
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
At the end if I'd known that the POTUS in office at the time was the sig that ends up on the discharge cert I swear to God I'd have extended past Reagan's inauguration.
One of my buds retired under Obama. Big "to-do." GO's in presence, etc. Finish the awards, speeches and etc, the retirement certificate is read and finished with: "signed by President Barrack H Obama" (or whatever). He takes the certificate and drops it in the trashcan before he made his closing remarks.

It was PRICELESS!!!! Could have heard a pin drop!!
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 20:04   #48
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
One of my buds retired under Obama. Big "to-do." GO's in presence, etc. Finish the awards, speeches and etc, the retirement certificate is read and finished with: "signed by President Barrack H Obama" (or whatever). He takes the certificate and drops it in the trashcan before he made his closing remarks.

It was PRICELESS!!!! Could have heard a pin drop!!
That evil dastardly man! EEGADS!!!
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:43   #49
Badger52
Area Commander

Nothing to see here, move along

Quote:
The United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) confirmed it has reinstated its chief of diversity and inclusion, Richard Torres-Estrada, following an investigation into politically charged social media posts he made, including one that compared former President Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler.

SOCOM said in an email statement to Breitbart News on Friday:

Mr. Torres-Estrada has resumed the duties of the Chief of Diversity & Inclusion for United States Special Operations Command after a USSOCOM commander-directed investigation into the circumstances surrounding his hiring concluded and found no violations of law or DoD regulation.

SOCOM reassigned Torres-Estrada in late March after some of his social media posts drew attention for their anti-Trump and anti-Republican leanings. For example, on June 2, 2020, he tweeted a meme that criticized Trump by comparing a photo of him to a doctored photo of Hitler.
Full bowl of gruel

This is my shocked face. :-|

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:13   #50
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Full bowl of gruel

This is my shocked face. :-|

I don't even have a "shocked face" for things like this anymore. It's ironic that a guy that uses Stalinesque photo manipulation to attack his political foes is allowed to compare his boss to Hitler without any relevant and lasting consequence.
Just imagine Stalin calling Hitler a fascist - so funny.

In fact, I am pretty sure that Box posted earlier in this same thread that...
Quote:
Reassigned sounds like it means - giving him a mob style no-show job until the smoke clears

It's how you acquire leadership credibility in the modern era.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 06-21-2021 at 07:36.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:14   #51
rsdengler
Area Commander

Means "Woke" is pushing forward......What a disaster....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:41   #52
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
Means "Woke" is pushing forward......What a disaster....
"Pushing forward" suggests that there is some degree of resistance.

There is no resistance - not by elected representatives, not by senior military leaders.
There is no push.
It is simply a casual, effortless move forward.

no push
not even a little
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 06-21-2021, 08:52   #53
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
In fact, I am pretty sure that Box posted earlier in this same thread that...
Roguish Lawyer congratulates you on reaching the level where you can refer to yourself in the third person. Impressive!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:26   #54
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
Roguish Lawyer congratulates you on reaching the level where you can refer to yourself in the third person. Impressive!
Box is humbled by your recognition !!

Old 06-21-2021, 10:09   #55
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
"Pushing forward" suggests that there is some degree of resistance.

There is no resistance - not by elected representatives, not by senior military leaders.
There is no push.
It is simply a casual, effortless move forward.

no push
not even a little
Truth, it's really a mess and it's going to eat us alive. It's sad, truly sad times.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 15:54   #56
Badger52
Area Commander

Welp...

Just gonna leave this here.

Quote:
Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada recently hosted its first-ever drag queen show at one of its on-base dining and entertainment clubs, according a base spokesperson.

Nellis Air Force Base said in an email statement to Breitbart News:

Nellis Air Force Base and the 99th Air Base Wing hosted its first-ever drag show Thursday, June 17, at the Nellis Club. The event was sponsored by a private organization and provided an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the history and significance of drag performance art within the LGBT+ community.

Ensuring our ranks reflect and are inclusive of the American people is essential to the morale, cohesion, and readiness of the military. Nellis Air Force Base is committed to providing and championing an environment that is characterized by equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion.
The grinder goes 'round, the butter knives come down, and
Life is a cabaret, ol' chum

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 06-21-2021, 16:29   #57
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Just gonna leave this here.

The grinder goes 'round, the butter knives come down, and
Life is a cabaret, ol' chum
So did the spokesperson make this statement with a straight face?
Old 06-21-2021, 18:48   #58
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
So did the spokesperson make this statement with a straight face?
I'm sure it was simply fabulous.

Old 06-21-2021, 19:30   #59
Box
Quiet Professional

All animals are equal...
some are just more equal than others

Old 06-21-2021, 22:05   #60
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Do y"all remember those days when as a kid you looked forward to the circus coming to town? And, as an adult you thought the circus business was all gone with the cancelation of Barnum & Bailey?
Who knew that you would actually live in a real life circus? Although, I must say it's not quite what I remember as a kid

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote