Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 02-14-2004, 09:55   #46
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

They find out what they are "missing out on" by more ways than just being informed by the narcos or the revolutionaries whispering in their ear.

Things have changed due to technology. Isn't it hard to find areas in LATAM that do not receive transistor radio transmissions?

Even the poor have access to radio broadcasts. Therefore, gone are the days when the compesinos are resigned to their life because the church or preaching’s of St. Thomas said that is the way things must be. Peasants who are exposed to this new information are no longer as easily convinced that one must be poor and that poverty is good for the soul and that one must accept a low station in life as part of the Natural Order.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:03   #47
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

That was kind of my point. Somebody put gunpowder in your cheerios this morning?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 10:39   #48
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Tabasco sauce, cayanne pepper, and Makers Mark bourbon!

Laissez les bon temps roulez... it's Mardi Gras season don' huyere!

Last edited by Sacamuelas; 02-14-2004 at 11:17.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 13:14   #49
berdan
Asset

sources

Just wanted to take this time to thank those of you who have contributed thier thoughts on this forum. I am grateful to those of you who have been willing to share with me that which you have gained through experience.

This site is an excellent source of information and professionalism. It is an honor to be here, thank you all for taking the time to help an ignorant college kid out.

regards

berdan

Last edited by berdan; 02-16-2004 at 13:20.
berdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 13:19   #50
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Re: sources

Quote:
Originally posted by berdan
Just wanted to take this time to thank those of you who have contributed thier thoughts on this forum. I am grateful to those of you who have willing to share with me that which you have gained through experience.

This site is an excellent source of information and professionalism. It is an honor to be here, thank you all for taking the time to help an ignorant college kid out.

regards

berdan
Well said berdan, hope the little bit was of some help. Let us know how it turned out.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 02-16-2004, 13:47   #51
Maya

General question. There was an Islamic writer who was enrolled in a University over here in America in the 50's. This guy became incensed regarding the moral corruption he saw back then, split back to his own country and wrote a book about his Islamic outrage. He was the first one to coin the phrase the "Great White Satan".

His writings have sparked most of todays tangos, evidently our guys have found this guys books in the caves and back rooms over in the sand box. My 'Old timers' condition has got me and I can't remember this guys name to save my hid, it was a simple name (4-6 characters long...I think) but if anybody would know my guess is that you fellas would.

Help an old memory challenged putz.

Thanks,
Skipper
Old 02-26-2004, 23:09   #52
berdan
Asset

follow up

Good evening folks

Just wanted to let all those who contributed their knowledge on this forum know that I got my paper back today.

I recieved an "A" on this assignment. This paper is also worth 15% of my grade in this class.

I thank all those who took the time and patience to contribute their knowledge and experience and allowed me to use it as a source for this topic.

I am extremely grateful to all of you. Not just for helping me with a simple paper, but for doing what all of you do every day.

regards

berdan

"You can do anything with a bayonet, except sit on it." Napolean
berdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 23:21   #53
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Well good! Good for you.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 02-26-2004, 23:25   #54
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

It was probably my cheerios recipe he included in his footnotes that got him the A.

Good Job berdan