Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-27-2022, 19:08   #1666
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
On its face - I agree with you 100% but in practice: "true believers" aren't interested in 1:1 encounters.
No dispute there, as to True Believers®

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 21:23   #1667
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

The case against New York’s concealed carry law is working its way up to the Supreme Court’s shadow docket.
Sotomayor is the justice over the 2nd circuit, and received the emergency request to vacate the stay on the lower court’s ruling.

https://www.gunowners.org/wp-content...Stay-FINAL.pdf

SCOTUS has apparently asked New York to respond to the emergency request by January 3rd, but I can’t find a link.
These YouTubers have some details:

https://youtu.be/m2oNl1SUlX0
https://youtu.be/S4qms5SUtG4
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)

Last edited by GratefulCitizen; 12-27-2022 at 21:37.
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 19:54   #1668
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

New York smacked down again.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...43192.56.0.pdf
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
Old 12-29-2022, 22:10   #1669
bubba
Quiet Professional

While I can’t say if I have or have not been saved by God, I know for a fact that I have been saved by Saint John Moses Browning’s glorious implement of destruction, the M2HB. All hail the 6-9 round burst of suppressive fires that protect me from enemy assaults. I have been bathed in the holy lubricant of CLP. So pray with me as I place cone’s of fire on the devils of the world. The government is infringing on my Religious freedom by prohibiting me from purchasing the implements of my salvation.

Repeal the NFA so I can practice my religion!

I’m not kidding.

This is not a joke.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 05:35   #1670
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
I’m not kidding.
This is not a joke.
Such would also put the trappings of one's faith within financial reach of more of the congregation.

Also, to GC's post above, nice to see NY get slapped again for the tyrants they are.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 12-30-2022, 07:16   #1671
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
The government is infringing on my Religious freedom by prohibiting me from purchasing the implements of my salvation.

I’m not kidding.

This is not a joke.
Most holy of all hole making, may your brass pile high and unburden your soul.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 14:15   #1672
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
While I can’t say if I have or have not been saved by God, I know for a fact that I have been saved by Saint John Moses Browning’s glorious implement of destruction, the M2HB. All hail the 6-9 round burst of suppressive fires that protect me from enemy assaults. I have been bathed in the holy lubricant of CLP. So pray with me as I place cone’s of fire on the devils of the world. The government is infringing on my Religious freedom by prohibiting me from purchasing the implements of my salvation.

I’m not kidding.

This is not a joke.

I love your posts. Also, I want to join you in your search for the salvation of the 2d Commandment of the Constitution. I believe that the Saint Browning Armory is the one true path that leads to that salvation.

The historic artifacts bestowed upon mankind by the great Saint John Moses Browning were imbued with powers that many simply cannot understand.
-The M1911 propels Truth, Justice, and the American Way 230 grains at a time.
-The hypnotically effective M1918 Saint Browning Automatic Rifle
-The mighty 1887 shotgun – a weapon so mind boggling that only a Cyberdyne Systems Model-101 can wield it with one hand while riding a Fat-Boy Harley Davidson with the other.

Even among all these magical designs that were left to us by Saint Browning, the M2HB stands in judgement of the rest…
...a half inch of short recoil operated judgement (that's 12.7 millimeters to all of you goons that don't speak American).

Then of course there is that holy lubricant that you speak of; Cleaner, Lubricant, and Preservative. A collection of substances akin to Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh. Just as the Magi brought Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh as gifts to a newborn baby in a manger; the unit armorer brings Cleaner, Lubricant, and Preservative to the newly minted 18B hanging out in the Arms Room.

CLP is more than just a gift from the armorer – it is a trinity, bonded together as a common solution to mankind’s struggle with weapons maintenance. Much like the Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh could have been used to pay for the stable and the families journey to Egypt, perfume and insect repellent for the manger, and a sweet smelling ointment for the new-born baby; CLP exists of a Cleaner, that washes away carbon, lead fouling, and gunpowder residue; a Lubricant, that serves as a fragrant oil that allows a complex mechanism to function smoothly and efficiently; a Preservative to repel moisture and prevent rust and oxidation.

The words of John Moses Browning should be spread across the land. The masses should be taught to ignore the heretic that might say the 6-to-9 round burst was proof that no one should posses magazines holding more than ten rounds. Bear witness to the difference between grazing fire and plunging fire. Share the importance of applying traversing fire, searching fire, and my own personal favorite – free gun - all applied using NUMEROUS 6-to-9 round bursts, not just one.
…nay, the Soldier does not survive by the 6-to-9 round burst alone; the 6-to-9 round burst springs forth from a belt of one hundred .50 BMG rounds

Provide testimony to the non-believers that the Browning Automatic Rifle employs 20 round magazines to produce the ephemeral 6-to-9 round burst. Preach the doctrine of crew served weapons as an integral part of combined arms warfare. Exclaim the importance of a gun team having pistols, carbines, and even submachine guns - all capable of firing more than just 9 rounds – to defend the gunner as he loads, fires, reduces stoppages, performs immediate action, and performs remedial action on the exalted belt fed Browning Machine Gun; all the while constantly displacing to prevent the evil and wicked from isolating and closing on his position through the use of fire and maneuver.
…and the ability to daisy chain multiple belts of ammunition to lay waste to the unclean when needed.

Preach to the non-believers that a belligerent force that has managed to over run a unit using 6-to-9 round bursts will find themselves accursed with final protective fires – a looooong sustained burst meant to cut down all attackers as they cross the final protective line…
…can’t do THAT with 9 rounds at a time.

And I heard him explain as he rode out of sight – ready on the left, ready on the right – gunners, watch your lanes - and to the bad guys, good night.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 12-30-2022 at 14:24.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 21:25   #1673
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

New York’s red flag law found unconstitutional by state Supreme Court.

https://law.justia.com/cases/new-yor...-op-22392.html

“While some may advocate that "the ends justify the means" in support of §63-a, where those means violate a fundamental right under our Bill of Rights to achieve their ends, then the law, on it's face, cannot stand.
Therefore, the "Temporary Extreme Risk Protection Order" (TERPO) and "Extreme Risk Protection Order" (ERPO) are deemed to be unconstitutional by this Court as CPLR Article 63-a is presently drafted. It can not be stated clearly enough that the Second Amendment is not a second class right, nor should it ever be treated as such.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:39   #1674
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
New York’s red flag law found unconstitutional by state Supreme Court.

https://law.justia.com/cases/new-yor...-op-22392.html

“While some may advocate that "the ends justify the means" in support of §63-a, where those means violate a fundamental right under our Bill of Rights to achieve their ends, then the law, on it's face, cannot stand.
Therefore, the "Temporary Extreme Risk Protection Order" (TERPO) and "Extreme Risk Protection Order" (ERPO) are deemed to be unconstitutional by this Court as CPLR Article 63-a is presently drafted. It can not be stated clearly enough that the Second Amendment is not a second class right, nor should it ever be treated as such.
Thanks for posting.

Quote:
"As such, this Court holds that, under CPLR 63-a, in order to pass constitutional muster, the legislature must provide that a citizen be afforded procedural guarantees, such as a physician's determination that a respondent presents a condition "likely to result in serious harm," before a petitioner files for a TERPO or ERPO.
"procedural guarantees" indeed. This is the part of the civics lesson that Trump didn't understand.

Old 12-31-2022, 07:12   #1675
JimP
Quiet Professional

Box has spoken: "All ya'll mother-effers need you some John Moses Browning."
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 07:17   #1676
bubba
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Box has spoken: "All ya'll mother-effers need you some John Moses Browning."
Let us all sing from our hymnal of hip-pocket-training:

“Shoot that Mother Effer, Shoot that Mother-Efferr”

May your Saturday be blessed with 4:1 ball-tracer mix fired in a concentric beaten zone.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 18:37   #1677
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Another state goes constitutional carry.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-...a7b416098e7854
Old 01-04-2023, 20:44   #1678
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

New York’s response as requested by SCOTUS:
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documen...opposition.pdf

I just scanned the decision, without reading it thoroughly.
It looks like New York is trying to do a bunch of burden-shifting.

They’re trying to argue that the plaintiffs haven’t proven that New York’s laws aren’t constitutional.
The standard is that New York must prove that there laws are constitutional.
Old 01-05-2023, 05:37   #1679
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
New York’s response as requested by SCOTUS:
Taking on water, can't seal the hatch, but NY keeps paddling.

Old 01-05-2023, 15:48   #1680
Box
Quiet Professional

since when do leftist narratives have anything to do with constitutional freedoms?

you guys are killing me here
killing me
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote