Old 05-10-2010, 16:28   #1
Stras
Quiet Professional

Donis O. (Ike) Clanton

RIP Ike, you're missed Brother.

http://www.dailyjournalonline.com/ne...cc4c03286.html

Home / News / Local
Two face murder charges in death of Donis O. Clanton
StoryDiscussionBy DOUG SMITH Daily Journal Staff Writer | Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 3:37 am | (8) Comments

FARMINGTON — Two men face murder charges after the beating death of a Farmington man early Thursday morning. Medical experts say the man died as the result of blunt force trauma which caused “closed head” fatal injuries.

The St. Francois County coroner pronounced Donis O. Clanton, 44, dead just after 8 a.m. Thursday at the man’s home at 121 Oak Street in Farmington. Police found Clanton lying on the floor of his home after they received a tip to check the address. He was unresponsive and evidence showed signs of foul play.

Charged with second degree murder is 27-year-old Jason Allen Parrent and 20-year-old Trevor K. Grice. Parrent showed an address in Farmington, while Grice gave an address in Marquand. Police were also seeking charges of tampering with evidence and misdemeanor stealing on both men. Parrent was to also be charged with endangering the welfare of a minor.

Farmington Police Chief Rick Baker said officers arrived at 121 Oak Street at about 8 a.m. No one else was at the house, but as detectives were processing the scene and talking to neighbors, two men showed up at the scene. Parrent and Grice were returning to the house to check on Clanton, officers would later learn.

The two men were detained and questioned. Eventually both made admissions which gave the investigators a clearer picture of the hours leading up to and immediately following the attack on Clanton.

According to police documents, Clanton had invited Parrent and Grice to his home sometime Wednesday. A fourth person, a juvenile male, was also with Parrent and Grice. The evening and overnight hours apparently involved a fair amount of drinking, Baker said.

During the early morning hours on Thursday a verbal argument began between Clanton and Parrent. The dispute eventually turned physical, with Parrent allegedly hitting Clanton several times in the face and head. He told police that he knocked Clanton “out,” but that he was still alive and breathing.

The men told police they tried to clean up signs of the struggle, took some items belonging to Clanton and left the house. According to statements made by Grice, he had walked out of the house with Parrent and the juvenile, but then returned back inside the home and struck Clanton once in the head. He then reportedly walked back out onto the porch of the home and told Parrent that he didn’t want him “going down” by himself, police said. He later told police the same story during the investigation.

The coroner and police chief requested an expedited autopsy be performed on Clanton to determine the exact cause of death. That exploratory procedure showed internal damage matching external evidence of three lacerations to the forehead and noticeable trauma to the left ear and jaw area. The coroner ruled the death as “homicide.”

Parrent and Grice were booked at the St. Francois County Jail on one count each of second degree murder and detained on a 20-hour hold pending further investigation. Parrent was also booked on an outstanding warrant for possession of a controlled substance. The juvenile was questioned at the police department and released to his parents.

Baker and detectives met with Prosecuting Attorney Wendy Wexler-Horn on Friday morning to turn over copies of the police reports to seek formal charges on Parrent and Grice, as well as possible charges on the juvenile through the juvenile court system.

Clanton was no stranger to violence in his lifetime. He reportedly spent 12 years in the Army during which time he trained for and reached the elite position of Green Beret. He spent a tour in Iraq during Dessert Storm, later suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Following his military service he suffered a brain injury after falling approximately 14 feet from a porch. He endured two brain surgeries and had to learn basic tasks such as walking and talking again. He spent several years living in a local assisted living facility, but had since progressed to the point of living in his own home.

Doug Smith is a reporter for the Daily Journal. You can reach him at 573-756-8927, or at dsmith@dailyjournalonline.com.

Posted in Local on Saturday, May 8, 2010 3:37 am | Tags: Murder, Jason Allen Parrett, Trevor Grice

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 17:52   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
RIP Warrior, Vaya con Dios..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 18:03   #3
JimmyMc091
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace
Ike you were part of old C Co 3rd 10th,, What a great bunch of guys, you will be missed.
JimmyMc091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 18:05   #4
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Rest In Peace.
Old 05-10-2010, 18:07   #5
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Rest In Peace.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 18:18   #6
akv
Area Commander

Rest In Peace
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 18:20   #7
robert2854
Asset

CLANTON DEATH

It's a shame, I quess youre never safe. REST IN PEACE!
robert2854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 20:04   #8
Arjunadawn
Asset

Please help Donis (Ike) Clanton

I served with "Ike" in 10th group and am currently in Farmington, MO, preparing for his viewing and burial, 11/12 May 2010. Donis was 100% disabled AND additionally a traumatic brain injury vet. He could barely walk, talk, or tend his needs. He was a dear friend of mine!
Donis was brutally targeted & beaten; the assailants returned later to his home again, beat him further, and then returned a 3rd time in the AM to stage a robbery to cover their murder.
The Daily Journal report is incorrect regarding drinking involved & they said they will correct this. Donis was not drinking with these punks. He cant drink. They learned Donis received VA back pay and then targeted him. I please ask all who read this to call the Farmington, Missouri City Hall/Prosecutor and implore them to make sure the charges stick and these SOBs are not plead out. We need to make sure the locals are aware how important our disabled brothers are. He is not just another #. Donis was really a great guy!
CITY ADMINISTRATOR
Gregory S. Beavers
gbeavers@farmington-mo.gov
756-1701
701-1898 – Cell
Mayor
Stuart (Mit) Landrum
701 Grand Canyon Drive
Farmington, MO 63640
573-756-1134 573-756-1134
mlandrum@farmington-mo.gov
CITY ATTORNEY
Kevan Karraker
110 South Jefferson Street
756-6446
Arjunadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 20:50   #9
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

Rest in Peace

Practice honesty and integrity; rescue the man who has been wronged from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, the widow; do no violence; shed no innocent blood in this place. Jer 22:3

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 21:26   #10
rdret1
Quiet Professional

Ike, you will be missed. Rest in Peace Brother!

~ Paul Brunton (1898-1981)

R.D. Winters
rdret1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:22   #11
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

God Bless,Rest in Peace,Warrior...............

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 13:27   #12
Arjunadawn
Asset

Local News, Farmington MO 11 May 2010

To all who read this, hello. I would like to invite everyone who reads this to please visit the recent local newspaper link I am attaching. It is imperative for the family, and for this case to maintain the prosecution ball rolling, for people to express their outrage and determination that justice not be sidelined. Please consider expressing your thoughts to the local officials of Farmington, Missouri, and the prosecution team. I thank you again on behalf of Donis (Ike) and his family.

http://www.dailyjournalonline.com/ne...cc4c03286.html
Arjunadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 14:38   #13
Green Light
Quiet Professional

You'll be remembered, brother. We'll work for your justice.

"If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference does it make to me?"
TJ
Green Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 15:57   #14
Pete
Quiet Professional

RIP Ike

RIP Ike
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 16:03   #15
Penn
Area Commander

Rest in Peace.