Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18F

Old 10-23-2013, 19:58   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Using Lean 6 Sigma methodology in intelligent network

Okay I'm looking at how to use lean 6 sigma methodology process in intelligent network anaylsis. So looking for anyone that is a Green Belt, Black Belt or MBB and some out of the box thinking. Something along the lines of how ethnography and using it in mapping social media or an InterNet mapping as in Netnographing. As in Netnography is a qualitative method used to investigate the "consumer" behavior of cultures and communities present on the Internet.

So with this thinking, of how the DMAIC methodology could be used in intelligent analysis. Being able to use the Six Sigma disciplines of data-driven information, approach and methodology to "poll" Intelligence.

This is for anyone that is a GBc or BBc or MBBc and how you think Lean Six Sigma methodology used in data analysis.

Thanks

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 20:21   #2
MR2
Quiet Professional

Checkout the bookshelf - search for Sigma.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:34   #3
98G
bonum medicina malis locis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Okay I'm looking at how to use lean 6 sigma methodology process in intelligent network anaylsis. So looking for anyone that is a Green Belt, Black Belt or MBB and some out of the box thinking. Something along the lines of how ethnography and using it in mapping social media or an InterNet mapping as in Netnographing. As in Netnography is a qualitative method used to investigate the "consumer" behavior of cultures and communities present on the Internet.

So with this thinking, of how the DMAIC methodology could be used in intelligent analysis. Being able to use the Six Sigma disciplines of data-driven information, approach and methodology to "poll" Intelligence.

This is for anyone that is a GBc or BBc or MBBc and how you think Lean Six Sigma methodology used in data analysis.

Thanks
I am a green belt and have a patent in data mining (temporal virtual communities of interest). I will give it some thought and PM you. How fast do you need it? My Six Sigma thinking is pretty rusty...

The two easiest things to spend; someone else's time and someone else's money.
98G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:22   #4
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98G View Post
I am a green belt and have a patent in data mining (temporal virtual communities of interest). I will give it some thought and PM you. How fast do you need it? My Six Sigma thinking is pretty rusty...
I don't need it at any speed.. just a looking for input. "Asking" other Lean 6 Sigma "poeple" of what they know of the process and looking or using it in Intelligence analysis. That out of box thinking. I'm a working on my GBB now and seeing what intel people thought of using it for it's measurement analysis systems. Just like business uses it to look at data and processes and learn how to make them better. Yes like the data mining and using the DMAIC roadmap to intelligence data and processes.

I've gone to courses or training that takes business "processes" and "solutions" then implantation of them in intelligence analysis and/or data mining or gaps. As in using or looking at Measurement System Analysis (MSA) - Continuous studies, as in Gage studies or Gage R&R study on say - XXX, YYY, ZZZ or People, Place, Things, and Events. Hell, I say you can use a system like MiniTab and/or excell spread sheet for "pulling"statistics and statistics formulas for what there worth at analysis the data. If that makes it clearer??!!??

Looking at your process at data mining or tactical analysis, ETC and how well it is working or it's functionality.

Hopefully this helps explain what I'm asking.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 10-24-2013 at 11:14. Reason: more points
Old 10-24-2013, 08:46   #5
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Since I am only a yellow belt, I will keep quiet.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:07   #6
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
Since I am only a yellow belt, I will keep quiet.
You will never keep it shut!!

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Last edited by MtnGoat; 10-24-2013 at 11:31.
Old 10-24-2013, 14:48   #7
98G
bonum medicina malis locis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I don't need it at any speed.. just a looking for input. "Asking" other Lean 6 Sigma "poeple" of what they know of the process and looking or using it in Intelligence analysis. That out of box thinking. I'm a working on my GBB now and seeing what intel people thought of using it for it's measurement analysis systems. Just like business uses it to look at data and processes and learn how to make them better. Yes like the data mining and using the DMAIC roadmap to intelligence data and processes.

I've gone to courses or training that takes business "processes" and "solutions" then implantation of them in intelligence analysis and/or data mining or gaps. As in using or looking at Measurement System Analysis (MSA) - Continuous studies, as in Gage studies or Gage R&R study on say - XXX, YYY, ZZZ or People, Place, Things, and Events. Hell, I say you can use a system like MiniTab and/or excell spread sheet for "pulling"statistics and statistics formulas for what there worth at analysis the data. If that makes it clearer??!!??

Looking at your process at data mining or tactical analysis, ETC and how well it is working or it's functionality.

Hopefully this helps explain what I'm asking.
Yes, it does. The challenge in using things like Six Sigma or Malcolm Baldrige, is that the people who use them regularly tend to be purists in the space so parts per million or process steps won't directly relate. I have found facets that work across other disciplines and will think about which ones could. Might take me a week or so...

The two easiest things to spend; someone else's time and someone else's money.
98G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:31   #8
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Been think about since I did my Green Bellt. I say you can differently use it. With Kean 6 Sigma you have a "PROBLEM" and you are trying to find a solution to a process, system, cut cost or speed something up.

With Intelligemce we use process and system in what we do. When your data is drive with a lot of statistical data this would lean more to a Lean 6 Sigma project. If you are wondering my you can't seem to find your Targets. With everything we collection from, all the different disciples, we can do DMAIC.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 01-12-2015, 14:59   #9
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Okay so I asked if anyone that knows and has a Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certificate and what do you think about it being used to analysis.

Well this is my take on it. YES IT CAN and really should be something used. I feel a Six Sigma Green Belt certification is enough. I started think this way after doing a class that used the Book Structured Analytic Techniques by Heuer and Pherson.

So you have Structured Analysis and everything else under the sun names (Unstructured Analysis) Techniques or whatever. I feel that within in an analytical team looking at a “GAP” or filling a Request for Support. We all use generic analytic tools for sorting and organizing data in a manner that facilitates comparison and analysis, analyze the relationship among any two datasets of variables or the way people will look at the data differently.

Look at Network Analysis; used in say counterterrorism, counternarcotic, counter proliferation, transnational organizations by law enforcement and military to analysis the date and/or to identify the people, places, events and things.

I feel that Lean Six Sigma gives an analysis team a better way of looking at the data overall. Giving them and better cross-impact on how to deal with the complex problems. But I feel that an Analytical Team needs to understand what Lean Six Sigma is and how is ties into analytical program when “Everything else if related to everything else.”

For the ones that know what Lean Six Sigma is and how it pretends to improving work flows and productive will understand this better. Once you identify the problem and this is what you’re looking to improve. This is our “Gaps” for us analysis. Just as with analysis we have data, so do you in Lean Six Sigma. So looking at that data, analyzing it for us. You will be generating and testing hypotheses in a core function of basic intelligence analysis. This is the BLUF of what you are in a Lean Six Sigma team. The Lean Six Sigma team here in that RFS or Intel Fusion cell team tasked with the mission to support whomever.

So as you analysis the data and diagnostic reasoning of what you have for data to find the gap. The basics of Lean Six Sigma applies to testing to the evaluation of a new development or for analysis. Answering your GAPS from your data. The techniques used in Lean Six Sigma team can be used in the same matter to look at data, guiding a Fusion Team not to make snap intuitive judgment when analyzing the meaning of the data in their area of interest, or the significance or reliability of a new intelligence report or data.

As we have Intel methodology, that IMO no one really uses or follows, Lean Six Sigma will help Fusion team leaders, NCOs, Officers and contractors in controlling how to guide and “Look” at the data.

IMO Sending a 18F or and 35F NCO to obtain their Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certificates will help in analyzing data to fill those GAPS.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS