Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18F

Old 09-08-2012, 18:44   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

8th annual Palantir Government Conference.

You are invited to the 8th annual Palantir Government Conference. October 23, 2012

Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner, Virginia 10:00 – 17:30

GovCon8 will feature presentations about how Palantir's data fusion technology is helping organizations collaborate in ways that were never before possible. By integrating our open and extensible software platforms with their existing systems, defense and intelligence organizations today are safely collaborating across institutional and geographical boundaries while maintaining full control of their data and getting the most out of their IT investments.

At both public institutions and private enterprises, we have witnessed how effective collaboration can save time, save money, and even save lives. At GovCon8, Palantir engineers and customers will share their experiences with implementing data sharing capabilities within the Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense, local law enforcement, and beyond. General Stanley McChrystal, USA, Ret. will deliver a keynote address.

We will highlight recent and on-going product advancements, and will also hold trainings and demonstrations across a broad spectrum of problem sets for analysts and developers.

Join us to learn more about how Palantir can help your organization use the power of secure, collaborative data analysis to solve many of the hardest problems facing the world today.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Register by October 19 govcon8.eventbrite.com or

http://www.palantir.com/_ptwp_live_e...register-8.png

For more information // www.palantir.com/govcon8

Inquiries?// govcon8@palantir.com

For more on Palantir // www.palantir.com

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 14:24   #2
hetzer
Asset

The great thing about Palantir is the ability to gather information and be able to makes sense of it with only a short course. I sat in on a 16 hour Palantir class and could do more with it than DCGS-A (which reguired a 80 hour course).

Our 35Fs at the SOTF had both systems and, hands down, prefered Palantir.
hetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 17:51   #3
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Anyone going?

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
Old 09-19-2012, 13:42   #4
jbour13
Area Commander

You better not, get your ass over here.

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 13:54   #5
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbour13 View Post
You better not, get your ass over here.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 06-11-2013, 05:18   #6
bassbuckeye
Asset

We use Palantir in my civilian job (which is to investigate money laundering and terrorist financing). We have had two significant cases that garnered FBI interest because of this application. Its easy to go down the rabbit hole with this thing...you start looking at one suspects account, money movement, phone call web and next thing you know its the next day.
bassbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:33   #7
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbuckeye View Post
We use Palantir in my civilian job (which is to investigate money laundering and terrorist financing). We have had two significant cases that garnered FBI interest because of this application. Its easy to go down the rabbit hole with this thing...you start looking at one suspects account, money movement, phone call web and next thing you know its the next day.
buckeye - Looking at this post, have you ever used Pen-Link, Ltd analytical tool? From what I've seen with it provides Law Enforcement and Intelligence agencies with a software tool systems for collection and analysis of telephonic- and IP-based communications. I just figured you have used this system.

Thanks

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 10-15-2013, 12:56   #8
bassbuckeye
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
buckeye - Looking at this post, have you ever used Pen-Link, Ltd analytical tool? From what I've seen with it provides Law Enforcement and Intelligence agencies with a software tool systems for collection and analysis of telephonic- and IP-based communications. I just figured you have used this system.

Thanks

I have not...looks interesting but I imagine that its a little to robust for our focus. I am not sure what our legal folks would say about it or if since we are in the private sector if we could even use it. We use Palantir to connect our clients by what devices they use to access their bank accounts (if their activity warrents it IE wires to Yemen) and move money. In our investigations we obviously only need to take it so far to cover the companies ass and help LE so even Palantir only helps so much.....I can put together a pretty good case with a spreadsheet of transactions and google.

BTW we are looking for good investigators and folks with intel gathering experience
bassbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 20:29   #9
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbuckeye View Post
I have not...looks interesting but I imagine that its a little to robust for our focus. I am not sure what our legal folks would say about it or if since we are in the private sector if we could even use it. We use Palantir to connect our clients by what devices they use to access their bank accounts (if their activity warrents it IE wires to Yemen) and move money. In our investigations we obviously only need to take it so far to cover the companies ass and help LE so even Palantir only helps so much.....I can put together a pretty good case with a spreadsheet of transactions and google.

BTW we are looking for good investigators and folks with intel gathering experience
Yeah I'm digging more into different methods to do more FININT analysis and cellular tracking. So was looking to see if anyone used this system.

I hear you on the needs and back grounds. Thanks for the heads up.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS