Old 12-07-2010, 11:44   #1
MPpatriot
Asset

Any proir 35l Counter intel

Im very interested in becoming a 18f, I have recently come in to contact with two counter intel guys, on two separate occasions and heard many things about the MOS. Can anyone tell me how does one become counte intel?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:50   #2
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPpatriot View Post
Im very interested in becoming a 18f, I have recently come in to contact with two counter intel guys, on two separate occasions and heard many things about the MOS. Can anyone tell me how does one become counte intel?
This section of the forum is for 18F topics not counterintelligence.

You need to slow down a bit and do more reading and less posting and stop starting new threads before looking for the answers to your questions yourself...

And if I were you I would start re/reading the rules and all the stickies.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 12-07-2010 at 11:58.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:11   #3
MPpatriot
Asset

My apologies I am new to this and I have so many questions. I thought this would be where the most knowledge of MI would be.

Last edited by MPpatriot; 12-07-2010 at 13:07.
MPpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 15:42   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
My apologies I am new to this and I have so many questions. I thought this would be where the most knowledge of MI would be.
I would recommend a thorough search and a lot of reading before posting, much less starting new threads.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 17:56   #5
hotshot
Quiet Professional

Allow me to assist.

Any proir 35l Counter intel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1. Become a Special Forces Soldier.

Step 2. Gain experience as a Special Forces Soldier.

Step 3. Ask your TM SGT what you need to do to become an 18F. (He will recommend you, or not)

Remember, 1 guy on the Team gets to be the Intel guy. "Generally", the individual is recommended by the Team Leadership.

The 18F position on the team is nothing like what your "contacts" in "the intel community", have told you.

Lastly, I would like to reiterate what TR has posted. You should read more, and post less.

CH
hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 18:09   #6
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
If they told exciting tales of derring-do, they lied! CI is, for the most part, drudgery. I hope you like 'agent reports' about someone named FNU LNU. It is important work, but drudgery, nonetheless. Now... 97Charlie... there was an MOS!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:47   #7
cedsall
Guerrilla

Now there was an MOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
If they told exciting tales of derring-do, they lied! CI is, for the most part, drudgery. I hope you like 'agent reports' about someone named FNU LNU. It is important work, but drudgery, nonetheless. Now... 97Charlie... there was an MOS!
Damn straight...

Now... 97Charlie... there was an MOS!
--ZonieDiver
cedsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:21   #8
head
Quiet Professional

Quote:
...reports about someone named FNU LNU.
Hey - I've heard of that guy too!
Old 01-20-2012, 15:59   #9
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Quote:
... someone named FNU LNU.
Where the @&$%! is he? I've been chasing that SOB for years. Right now I'm busy going after Mohammad FNU GNU TNU....but that other cat is next!
Old 01-21-2012, 15:49   #10
zoolander6
Quiet Professional

Quote:
ask a recruiter how to become CI not an SF forum.
zoolander6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:28   #11
hetzer
Asset

You can start by going to this site. They have all the answers, including the application packet for 35L. 35L is not the way to 18F.

https://ikn.army.mil/
hetzer is offline   Reply With Quote