Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18F

Old 10-14-2010, 22:35   #16
Guy
Quiet Professional

LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C4V View Post
I was told that our class was the last class with the 35 mm camera.
I made the mistake of leaving my camera unsecured in the team room. The one-hour photo place off a Yadkin were looking at me as if I was weird...never left my camera unsecured again.

Stay safe.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 22:37   #17
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoerz View Post
I went to the second to last regular O&I Class. They were pumping all of us guys thru. The ones who already had ANOC. I want to say 1997. After that ANOC and O&I were combined into one long course
I did ANCOC / O&I combined in 1994...
Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 22:40   #18
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Light View Post
Gen Shacknow saw that the entire NCO chain was demanding it (along with a Son Tay raider and a former USAIMA CSM they brought along for good measure) and checked Course of Action 2 (NCO Academy). But to his credit, he wrote on the last page "If we've done something dumb here, let me know soonest."
That wouldn;t have been CSM Joe Lupiyak would it
I saw him before I went to A-Stan last year...said he now worked at DOT-D.

He was a good dude.

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 00:28   #19
exsquid
Quiet Professional

Guy:

They probabaly thought you had a fetish for white dudes w/ hairy asses.

x/S
Old 10-15-2010, 02:51   #20
alright4u
Quiet Professional

Three men I served with were on the O&I Committee

1LT Rousch, not Heinz K, who was KIA at CCN after the IV Corps Mike Force, plus Harve Saal and Lyle Sloan were on the O&I committee In the mid to late 70's., I recall when Rousch got his direct commission from my CO as he went to A503 where Shriver had started.

Sometime ago, I was asked about a SOG Recon manual. I made a few calls. Sure enough one or two blue books were written by these men.

We had a lot of extremely sharp 11F4S's. I had one who briefed senior officers at Division level plus better then field grade MI officers. He was from Oki and TDY to us. I will never forget Dale Libby as he had been to every course from the triple 6 to you name it. He used to pick the lock on the SADM TS Docs. I just shook my head. We still used Fort Hollabird, MD in 69. Glad the O&I guys are still tops.
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 17:46   #21
Green Light
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US View Post
That wouldn;t have been CSM Joe Lupiyak would it
I saw him before I went to A-Stan last year...said he now worked at DOT-D.

He was a good dude.

Eagle
Joe was there - he was an training developer for the 2nd Bn, SFTG. JL was my group CSM when I got to the 5th. The one I was thinking of was (I'll leave the name out). He was one of the best soldiers I've ever met, but he was buying the "party line" and I was, frankly, disappointed.

"If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference does it make to me?"
TJ
Green Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 17:49   #22
Green Light
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by alright4u View Post
1LT Rousch, not Heinz K, who was KIA at CCN after the IV Corps Mike Force, plus Harve Saal and Lyle Sloan were on the O&I committee In the mid to late 70's., I recall when Rousch got his direct commission from my CO as he went to A503 where Shriver had started.

Sometime ago, I was asked about a SOG Recon manual. I made a few calls. Sure enough one or two blue books were written by these men.

We had a lot of extremely sharp 11F4S's. I had one who briefed senior officers at Division level plus better then field grade MI officers. He was from Oki and TDY to us. I will never forget Dale Libby as he had been to every course from the triple 6 to you name it. He used to pick the lock on the SADM TS Docs. I just shook my head. We still used Fort Hollabird, MD in 69. Glad the O&I guys are still tops.
I was on the same team as Harve in the city. I considered myself a pretty good intel guy, but he was incredible. I learned more from him than I did in O&I. I was sorry to hear that he'd passed on.

"If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference does it make to me?"
TJ
Green Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 18:24   #23
El Gallo
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltipton View Post
I don't remember exactly when they combined into the long ass course, but it was not too long before my class started in fall 1995 because we started in the old buildings on Son Tay and finished in the SOAF. We were not awarded the MOS 18F, we were just given an ASI "F" which later hosed a lot of guys and made us have to go back through the new SFISC to stay an 18F. I went through (I think) the 3rd class of SFISC in...hmm 2004? The fall after the Iraq invasion whichever year that was. A lot of the stuff was the same old shit (OB, OPORDS, Photography) but some of the computer stuff they have now is truly incredible in the hands of a good 18F.
I don't remember the name, sorry. If you went through the third SFISC, we were classmates. NCOIC was "Archie".
Old 02-23-2014, 18:41   #24
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

I went thru O&I Nov-Dec 1964.
That make me 2 days older than dirt!!

BMT
Old 02-24-2014, 07:25   #25
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT View Post
I went thru O&I Nov-Dec 1964.
That make me 2 days older than dirt!!

BMT

Quote:
Man this is as confusing as verifying a VN era guy's QP status.
E/S - just remember those f's are just s's, papyrus cracks and fades with time, and the CIBs were a musket and wreath. After you get used to the "Thee's" and "Thou's" on the orders and citations as personal pronouns, and the occasional references to the "King" - it's not too bad.

Last edited by Trapper John; 02-24-2014 at 07:40. Reason: spelling
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote