Old 04-02-2015, 11:55   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

JIEDDO ANTS Page

I know many of the 18F know all about the JIEDDO and COIC Attack the Network Tool Suites (ANTS). This is more for the new 35 series people on here.

If you don't know about the JIEDDO ANTS SIL Products page on SIPR. Find it. You can self teach yourself and come out being the "GOD" of being an analyst either.

Also you can request for a MTT to come to your unit and teach what every your unit wants. This about using it. ANTS Tools are user friendly and very easy to use.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 16:12   #2
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Thumbs up Nice!

I'll check that out tomorrow!

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 18:31   #3
Jgood
Quiet Professional

Thanks for the info Ill be checking it out
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:36   #4
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

I will say this, all the ANTS Tools have detail description on how to use. Every Tools have a GREAT USER GUIDE Handbook that are easy, IMO< to follow along. The ANTS Helps desk will typically email you back the same day and will even ask to call you to help you out.

I've see a PFC 35F use these tool and never told anyone about them after I should him the Search, Horizon and Catapult Feed Generator tools. He was a "ROCK STAR" in the eyes of everyone.

I will throw this out there too. If you ever send a RFS to JIEDDO (COIC), or any Agencies, think about the problem set and how long it will take you, yourself, to get the data and then analysis it. It takes around 5 to 7 days for any agency to proof read (1-2 Days), Review (1-2 Days) and have their Foreign Disclosure Office (FDO) (1-2 Days) to approve it for release. So do the math and add that to your LTOV NLT DTG.

If you are going at the Top Secret level (SI), Look towards your Group SIGO at the Group S2 and S6 sections. They can help you out sometimes faster. No Such Agency doesn't play well with others!! Coming from a USSOCOM Units, you get better results sometimes.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 04-03-2015 at 10:44.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:57   #5
Jgood
Quiet Professional

Excellent point on lead time, I have found the COIC to be very user friendly and even eager to help.
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 13:01   #6
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
I'll check that out tomorrow!
lindy let me know if you have issues or email me. Also look for the JWICS page too.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 04-04-2015, 10:22   #7
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
No Such Agency doesn't play well with others!!
With COIC-type information or just in general?

Quote:
Also look for the JWICS page too
Even better!

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:30   #8
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
With COIC-type information or just in general?

Even better!
Yeap.. go figure, It's JWICS!! on the Voltron home page look for the top banners for "instructional" Documents. Typically a PDF of Ppt shows. With "REACH" you can do a lot, and it's WAY Easier.

Also on both SIPR and JWICS, search for NRO's "FADE," really good "How to videos" on their page. You can, and I say you SHOULD, request a FADE MTT to come teach you for a week on FADE.

On No Such Agency, they really only play well with Christian IMO. In the IC, it's as with everything, it's all about funding. Whole produces more, gets more money! As with Interagency TF, they are only SO good at working together IMO.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 04-06-2015, 10:17   #9
(1VB)compforce
Guerrilla Chief

They (JIEDDO) sent a couple of people out to show us how to use the tools to the greatest effect. If you're battalion level or higher S2, it's worth making the ask. I don't have any experience with the Fox side of things and don't know if they would send someone for a Company or Team level. There are some additional capabilities beyond the base products that we wouldn't have known about without the instruction. Also, despite the name, they will develop new products for anyone in SOCOM even if not directly IED related.
(1VB)compforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:24   #10
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

COIC Red Teams

Everyone thinks JIEDDO/COIC for their RFS production as far as looking at a IED Network. Most don't know about JIEDDO's "Red Team's."

One thing I've used COIC Red Teams to "See" what an enemy is doing a area. The RED TEAMS do assessments of what "WE" would do if "WE" were the ENEMY. SO if you are going into a Area, say inside ISIL Controlled area or a "NEW" Country, say in Africa. You find your Intel gaps, and submit a request for a RED TEAM Assessment.

They will look at your enemy's Desired End-State, Objective and Strategies for a given are that you are wanting to be looked at. I would even say, find an old Red Team Assessment and call them up and tell them what you are wanting and the COIC Red Team cell will help you formulate your RFS.

Search SIPR for "COIC Red Team Methodology." you can find what they do and submit a request for discovery.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 04-06-2015, 12:26   #11
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by (1VB)compforce View Post
They (JIEDDO) sent a couple of people out to show us how to use the tools to the greatest effect. If you're battalion level or higher S2, it's worth making the ask. I don't have any experience with the Fox side of things and don't know if they would send someone for a Company or Team level. There are some additional capabilities beyond the base products that we wouldn't have known about without the instruction. Also, despite the name, they will develop new products for anyone in SOCOM even if not directly IED related.
Yes I've seen them go down to 82nd and teach a COIS on their ANTS tools page. I've heard it is a great MTT.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 04-06-2015, 12:30   #12
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

If you are a 18F/35F and looking at a new country, I would say for you to do a SIPR search for the Global Awareness Presentation Services "GAPS KML Feeds."

Great place to get a Common Operations Picture of a Country. Think of it as a PMESII, ASCOPE, DIME KML of the Countries Information networks (TV, Radio, Social Media), Infrastructure, Culture breakdown, Geophysical and Geopolitical Google Earth KML file.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 07-24-2015, 08:16   #13
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by (1VB)compforce View Post
1VB - Yes Joint Improvised -threat Defeat Agency (JIDA), formerly known as Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO)-Counter-IED Operations/Intelligence Integration Center (COIC); will send an MTT to any level that request for the training. More over, if your unit will fund the TDY they will send someone or a Team.

As far as the non IED Related RFS or studies, yes 7th Group request a lot of non IED related RFS Products. Some great Deep Dives that are 60 and 90 days out "Latest Time Information Is of Value" (LTOV).

One team that JIDA does not have anymore is their Joint Expeditionary Team (JET), that were sent to home station or to deployed units, to assist and mentor units conducting offensive operations to proactively find, disrupt, and defeat IED networks; integrate and employ materiel and non-materiel solutions to detect and neutralize IEDs or mitigate their effects; and collect, analyze, and disseminate lessons learned and best practices observed during embedded operations to enhance combat unit proficiency in C-IED tactics, techniques, and procedures. Most were 18 Series, SEALS, or CAG guys; sad to see them go away.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS