Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > General Medical

Old 08-26-2004, 07:38   #1
brewmonkey
Guerrilla Chief

Medrol 4mg dose pack/Back issues

This was prescribed for Arachnoiditis.

I just finished the pack this morning and am a bit curious. While it helped alleviate some of the numbness (but not the pain) how long could I reasonably expect relief after the last dose? I forgot to check with my doc on this as I was to wrapped up in the MRI report while visiting with him.
brewmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:02   #2
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

steroids are a funny thing.....relief is very subjective, i.e., poor, fair, good, excellent. No one will be able to tell you how long it can last....sometimes it's short acting and sometimes permanent relief.. I would consult a crystal ball when it comes to steroid relief duration....sorry.
T-2
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:12   #3
brewmonkey
Guerrilla Chief

Thanks, I figured as much but was hoping anyway. If this is anything like the epidurals (all 9 of them) that I got last year then my guess is by next month I will be banging down the docs door.
Old 08-26-2004, 15:49   #4
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

how about other antiinflammatories....ones with less chance of stomach side effects and they won't interfere with bleeding potential incase they want to do an invasive procedure....like Bextra 20 mg/day or Celebrex 400mg/day. Not Rx'ing for you, just advice.
T-2
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 17:09   #5
brewmonkey
Guerrilla Chief

I am also on Mobic 7.5mg once a day.

I appreciate the advice, it helps me out when I talk to my doc. He responds much better to my needs when I go in prepared with questions about possible alternatives to what he is doing. Sometimes he says no we will do it his way and sometimes he will agree with something I bring up and let me try it.

Last edited by brewmonkey; 08-26-2004 at 17:11.