Old 03-04-2023, 17:34   #1
Penn
Area Commander

Cars

Car guy here, this link is to a great site, this particular car is one of my all time favorites.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...urismo-hawk-9/
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:05   #2
glebo
Quiet Professional

Mmm, nice classic. I'm a bit into the hot rod/muscle car side myself.

1968 Chevy II (Nova), 454, T-10 4spd, posi. (well at least when ya click on them they're upright)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Car .JPG (90.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg R front.jpg (96.2 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-05-2023, 09:23   #3
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
My favorite Studabaker looks a little different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg AC215CB4-F689-4ED8-A7D7-D661569F1F34.jpeg (206.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpeg 8E08F3BC-ADD5-4957-AB02-28E48B5F424B.jpeg (135.9 KB, 30 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:28   #4
Penn
Area Commander

Gelbo, is that your NOVA, if so, congrats! We always love mid sixties Muscle, one other favorite is the La Mas 365ci 4 speed. red body white top Convertible, for me had better lines than the GTO.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:32   #5
glebo
Quiet Professional

Yeah, I got this one abt 2 yrs ago. I had a 1970 Nova before I joined the Army in 78 and I've wanted one since. Getting close to retirement, so why not a project??

Gotta have something to keep me in the garage... Well there's a couple of bikes too ..
Old 03-06-2023, 06:00   #6
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
VERY nice. Novas always made up into good "sleeper" cars and just the right wheel-base to get its power on the ground. They kept the body style pretty much right up to the last one in '79 (except for adding more grill bling). Even the 307 was fun. That 454 must roar.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 07:27   #7
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Loved Novas.
My first car was a ‘73 two door hatchback Nova.

Built a 350 for it with an aggressive cam, single plane manifold, and long tube headers.
Painted it metallic blue and put on brushed alloy 15 inch wheels with 60-series tires.

Awfully fast little car for a 17 year old.

Blew up that engine running it too hard 3 years later.
Shoe-horned in a 454 to replace it.

A Nova with a 454 is an absolute monster.
Sold it when I got married, but kept the memories.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14E97C23-152F-4DC5-9220-CD5C61254398.jpg (46.5 KB, 43 views)
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:04   #8
glebo
Quiet Professional

/\ /\ /\ sweet
Old 03-06-2023, 09:51   #9
MR2
Quiet Professional

MOPAR Rules! '70 Cuda 440 6-Pack. Orange of course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image(3).jpg (117.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg img22.jpg (48.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg image(4).jpg (89.2 KB, 41 views)

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 13:14   #10
glebo
Quiet Professional

Good ones MR2..yeah those "Barn finds" can fetch some $$$ to someone who's not savvy and has deep pockets...

Even the price I paid for mine, which was below the avg for that yr/type of car I've still put about 5k more into it....but I knew that...

Folks these days want turn key restomods $$$$...Mine is pure gasoline toilet bowl Holley 750...you can smell the gallons being emitted...

That's Hot Roddin'.. Gives me an excuse to go to the garage...
Old 03-06-2023, 18:47   #11
mojaveman
Area Commander

Quote:

1968 Chevy II (Nova), 454, T-10 4spd, posi. (Well at least when you click on them, they're upright)
Nice Glebo.

I was in High School in the late '70s and we had a pretty good collection of '60s era muscle cars out in the parking lot. Not too expensive either being that they were already ten years old. With a part time job and a little help from mom and dad ownership was a possibility.

I had a nice Chevy pick-up but always liked the early Mustangs and Camaros.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 20:01   #12
cbtengr
Area Commander

My first 4 wheel vehicle, 51 Chevy 1/2 ton paid $35 for it, it needed a timing gear. When I got to Leonard Wood in Jan 75 it seemed as if every other drill sgt. there had an early 50's 1/2 ton truck.

Scan0002.jpg
Old 03-06-2023, 20:05   #13
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
Mine is pure gasoline toilet bowl Holley 750...you can smell the gallons being emitted...
I can just hear the greenies screeching. That's a happy thought for any day.

Edit to add: I wish I'd done prints of my '79 instead of slides. They degraded over the years and now I'm only left with memories of the long-cool woman in a black dress at Fort Myer who had a '73 hatchback like GC's. Only a 6 cyl, so I dropped her.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

Last edited by Badger52; 03-06-2023 at 20:10.
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 18:25   #14
Penn
Area Commander

This post could be crossed listed in a number of threads: Auction, Comedy, library for writing prose, but cars is what this is about, but the I have no time marketing attitude, priceless!

https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/46/22169

Both of the cars are 1966 the red one is a six cylinder We had it started up and ran No brakes Automatic The green one wanted to start but I think the points might have been stuck in it. That one is a 6 cylinder 3 speed car Yes, have clear titles to both. Free of liens or salvage brand. Yes, keys in both. Red one runs Green one currently does not No, don't have anymore pictures Yes, you can come look at them and take all the pics you want. Yes, you win the bid, you buy them both No they are not roadworthy at the moment you will need a tow truck or a transporter to move them Yes, you're bidding 1 money on 2 cars. Its like a two'fer down at Headlights..... only you're guaranteed to Score big with both these fine ponys!

https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/41/22169

*****ATTENTION-ATTENTION-ATTENTION***** THIS HIGH PERFORMANCE PIECE OF ...... ART IS BEING RELISTED! Thats right, sometimes lightning does strike twice! Please remember not only is it your job but its your civic duty to get out there and check out the vehicles if its something you're gonna be interested in.....It's a 1977 Bronco and yes, its ugly. Doesn't run, need windshield and lots of other stuff... like aaalllllll the stuffffff Good news is: It's the last year of the little Bronco and the most desirable year.... everybody wants the last year because the good folks @ Ford finally fixed everything on these bad muthatruckas and updated everything so in the Bronco field that's the best one and they called it a Ranger Bronco. Has the bulletproof 302 in it..... this one ain't running... Missing the carburetor, radiator and I think distributor but the motor is in it and it.... Has disc brakes on the front, which none of them had Automatic on the column Power steering (most of them didn't have that either) Duel gas tanks Title is here Yes, she is as ugly as homemade soap No, you ain't take anything better looking to prom, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself No, it doesnt run and we aint got time to fugure out why not. Yes, title is here Yes, we can help with loading and shipping, on your dime, of course Yes, it was towed in No, I'm not allowed to share the details as to why (thanks Karen's) Yes, its got dents and bumps and bruises. Yes, it adds character. Yes, call, set up a time, come look at it.

Last edited by Penn; 04-05-2023 at 18:28.
Old 04-05-2023, 18:52   #15
Penn
Area Commander

My interest in this car is the design that once dominated automobile design and influences to this day, love this car!!! TOP 10

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...i-400-gt-22-2/

You can clearly see the influence the 400 had on the Jaguar (I had an 85 Red XJS H.E) nose and headlights, in addition to the visual straight body line front to rear.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-jaguar-xjs-23/