Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-20-2023, 12:43   #16
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
I agree, Box. If Trump gets elected again, I hope he goes after everyone from both parties who let this happen and goes after these morons with a vengeance...
Trump's ego is his own worst enemy. I think that is the biggest obstacle to him getting re-elected. He and Hillary are tied in my opinion for screwing up the worst during any election campaign .

For all of his twitter rants and blustering during speeches, he didn't clean house like he should have when it because obvious that he needed to and it hurt him.
Old 03-20-2023, 18:41   #17
bubba
Quiet Professional

The incompetent politicians (yeah, I know, redundant) are terrified of Leaders.

Trump was / is a business leader. Results at the cost of all else are what matter to a business man. Profits are paramount.

As for Desantis, he was a military leader and is a Governor of a state. For those jobs, the results have to be balanced between “the accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my people”.

Both of these guys scare the hell out of the policy makers who couldn’t lead a dead horse to the ground. They BOTH prove just how worthless the bureaucracy is at actually accomplishing anything besides the ever observable “self licking ice cream cone”…….

My prediction, Trump gets the Republican Nomination, and the eventual Dim-O-Crap candidate (Brandon won’t be it) will win by a narrow margin.

The Left WANTS to run against DJT and this is one of the ways that he get’s the nod….
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 19:57   #18
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
The incompetent politicians (yeah, I know, redundant) are terrified of Leaders...
I respectfully disagree.

The only thing politicians are afraid of is losing power.
They are not afraid of Donald Trump nor are they afraid of Ron Desantis. They hold their detractors in contempt; they are too distracted by hatred and contempt to fear their opponents.
It's why Joe Biden threatened Ukraine to drop an investigation that could implicate his son while all other democrats impeached Trump because he pushed for Ukraine to broadly investigate corruption in government.

They don't want to indict Trump out of some nonspecific fear that he will expose them - they want to destroy him because they hate him. They hate his voters. They hate their opponents but they fear NOBODY.
If leftists were afraid - they would stop doing what they have boldly and proudly been doing for generations.

It's why they have 1% riots in central park - it's why they overthrow police stations in Oregon and violently control entire sections of an American city for weeks on end. Is why they say "no one is above the law and then refuse to prosecute crimes against American citizens

It is republican politicians that are afraid - not democrats. It is the republicans that cower in fear anytime they are challenged on the public stage. It is republicans that attack their own political party with their shameless virtue signaling and pandering to Democrats that will NEVER support them.

Most Democrats are fearless and bold.
Most Republicans are cowardly and timid.
...it may not be a popular position, but its the objective truth that I see every time I turn on the news

Rinse and repeat.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 20:13   #19
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The sad truth is that should Trump get elected again, the republicans in the senate will interfere and block his agenda again...[/I]
Yup. They, and their committees, are the top cover for the additional branch of government.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 15:44   #20
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
It is republican politicians that are afraid - not democrats. It is the republicans that cower in fear anytime they are challenged on the public stage. It is republicans that attack their own political party with their shameless virtue signaling and pandering to Democrats that will NEVER support them.

Most Democrats are fearless and bold.
Most Republicans are cowardly and timid.
...it may not be a popular position, but its the objective truth that I see every time I turn on the news

Rinse and repeat.
I agree 100%. Spineless cowards.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 15:46   #21
bblhead672
Area Commander

Read several places the last few days warning people not to go out and protest if Trump is arrested. The left is salivating at the prospect of throwing more Trump supporters into the gulag.

Many are also saying f**k protesting for Trump...look what that got the last group of people who did so on 1/6. Trump hasn't lifted a finger nor spent a dime helping those political prisoners.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 20:07   #22
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Read several places the last few days warning people not to go out and protest if Trump is arrested. The left is salivating at the prospect of throwing more Trump supporters into the gulag.

Many are also saying f**k protesting for Trump...look what that got the last group of people who did so on 1/6. Trump hasn't lifted a finger nor spent a dime helping those political prisoners.
Not only that, but Trump is performing the same routine he was performing in the run up to 2016 and appears he hasn't learned a thing over the past 6-7 years. It's like he was never President.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:12   #23
Badger52
Area Commander

With the slitherer ("I will do ANYthing to stay out of jail") Cohen as Bragg's lead witness, they're in a weak position unless the likely leftist grand jury is in a coma. His former attorney, with waiver of attorney/client privilege in hand, completely roasted Cohen.

Doesn't matter; this is the regime of "the process itself IS the punishment."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 03-22-2023, 06:23   #24
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
With the slitherer ("I will do ANYthing to stay out of jail") Cohen as Bragg's lead witness, they're in a weak position unless the likely leftist grand jury is in a coma. His former attorney, with waiver of attorney/client privilege in hand, completely roasted Cohen.

Doesn't matter; this is the regime of "the process itself IS the punishment."
"Jury"

...it doesn't mean what it used to mean.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 03-22-2023, 16:29   #25
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

IF Trump gets elected ?

Quote:
The sad truth is that should Trump get elected again, the republicans in the senate will interfere and block his agenda again and once the midterm ballot box stuffing is completed, the democrats will take the house again and they will impeach him again while the same republicans enable and assist the democratic party at derailing any meaningful republicans gains again
Will Brain Dead Joe Biden Run again ? Why Not, Democrat John Fetterman got elected Senator, anyone seen him recently ? Also, when Trump was sworn in last time as POTUS, Jim Comey the FBI Director sent agents into the WH...Trump did eventually fire him, but did not make him feel the pain for his transgressions...IMHO....Nothing will happen...
Old 03-23-2023, 06:25   #26
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
Will Brain Dead Joe Biden Run again ? Why Not, Democrat John Fetterman got elected Senator, anyone seen him recently ? Also, when Trump was sworn in last time as POTUS, Jim Comey the FBI Director sent agents into the WH...Trump did eventually fire him, but did not make him feel the pain for his transgressions...IMHO....Nothing will happen...
The only thing that would have made a difference (IMHO) would have been for the Trump DOJ to go after the guy like they were a pack of wild hyenas going after a baby zebra with hip dysplasia for admittedly leaking presidential notes to the press with the stated intent of triggering an investigation. The Trump DOJ should have absolutely and ruthlessly eviscerated that guy on the public stage - "nobody is above the law" and all that jazz.

Dont arrest him.
Dont jail him.

Fucking destroy him - scorched earth - him - his family - his friends - his neighbors - even fuck over the kids he traded baseball cards with when he was in elementary school...

That man should have spent the next three years of his life pimping out his wife and sucking dicks in a run down bowling alley parking lot to pay for the legal bills to defend himself against the government. Anyone within free wi-fi signal internet range of that man should have gotten the message "fuck around and find out" - but putting an "R" after your name when you are in office makes you afraid of the dark. Instead, that guy and his fellow conspirators literally got away with treason - and because of that, the NEXT "R" is going to get the exact same treatment because democrats are savages and republican politicians are just greedy corrupt cowards - they just happen to sell a better flavor of kool aid than the democrats do.

Shit - if the democrats would drop their hatred of guns and drag queen story hour - I'd start voting for them - its not like there is much difference beyond that.

and that makes me sad

Last edited by Box; 03-23-2023 at 06:39.
Old 03-24-2023, 04:18   #27
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Dont arrest him.
Dont jail him.

Fucking destroy him - scorched earth - him - his family - his friends - his neighbors - even fuck over the kids he traded baseball cards with when he was in elementary school...

That man should have spent the next three years of his life pimping out his wife and sucking dicks in a run down bowling alley parking lot to pay for the legal bills to defend himself against the government. Anyone within free wi-fi signal internet range of that man should have gotten the message "fuck around and find out" - but putting an "R" after your name when you are in office makes you afraid of the dark. Instead, that guy and his fellow conspirators literally got away with treason - and because of that, the NEXT "R" is going to get the exact same treatment because democrats are savages and republican politicians are just greedy corrupt cowards - they just happen to sell a better flavor of kool aid than the democrats do.
"pour encourager les autres"

Even Barney Fife knew.

Old 03-31-2023, 18:04   #28
Penn
Area Commander

hen Zambia's president weighs in

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kam...dent-weighs-in

Quote:
However, Hichilema took the question and attempted to explain his feelings on the matter from the perspective of the Zambian government.
"The indictment of President Trump — what does that mean to the rule of law? Let's remove names from your question," Hichilema told the reporter. "Let's put what we decided we would do to govern ourselves in an orderly manner. [We] passed our constitutions — bedrock law. Then, secondary laws, other regulations create a platform or framework around which we agreed either as Americans or as Zambians to govern ourselves and so to live within those confines."

"And when there's transgression against law, it does not matter who is involved. I think that is what the rule of law means. This is universal," he continued.
Hichilema went on to compare the Trump indictment and partisan tensions to corruption in his own nation."And here, Vice President, we have a scenario now when we fight against corruption which has taken away resources from children and the sick — sometimes names are thrown into it and perceptions are created that are totally inappropriate," he said. "Because transgressions against the law, if you take what belongs to the public, you have offended the law and the name does not matter."
President Hichilema will be very disappointed with his meeting POTUS.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 19:14   #29
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kam...dent-weighs-in

President Hichilema will be very disappointed with his meeting POTUS.
He embarrassed her really bad; saw that. He was articulate, understood what he was about and not in awe at all at being visited by the Queen of Word Salad.

The President of El Salvador called and told little Tony Blinken not to ever lecture his country again.

Old 03-31-2023, 22:02   #30
Penn
Area Commander

Badger52
Quote:
He embarrassed her really bad; saw that. He was articulate, understood what he was about and not in awe at all at being visited by the Queen of Word Salad.

The President of El Salvador called and told little Tony Blinken not to ever lecture his country again.
Agreed.

But this situation, as it progresses into arrest and the long social media trial will increase the divide. There is no doubt in my mind, that there are those who lack the mental and emotional discipline, will act out in a violent manner, attacking their fellow Americans for whom they support, rather than those who have wrought this destruction upon us.

When that happens it will cascade. My hope is that we remain calm in the turmoil, focusing the aperture on those deserving of a true Biblical reckoning.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote