Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-08-2022, 17:50   #1
Penn
Area Commander

Mar a Lago Raided

No words to express my anger. That said, I've always thought that President Trump should have made the effort to have read The Prince, by Machiavelli. imoo, it's plausible he would have made a different call for the 1/6/rally. He should have known that the rally would be used against him in the lions den of DC.

Now, the corrupt political/establishment - US Government, will find or plant evidence that detracts, delays, or prevents Trump from ever running for office again.

It could also be the prelude to a completed process that includes an election result that mirrors Venezuela last election.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 19:37   #2
cbtengr
Area Commander

Surprised but not surprised by this turn of events. Meanwhile HRC and the idiot Hunter Biden continue to get a walk.
Old 08-08-2022, 23:01   #3
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
It could also be the prelude to a completed process that includes an election result that mirrors Venezuela last election.
That continues to cross my mind more frequently by the day. One difference might be that the US has yet to be disarmed.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:15   #4
Box
Quiet Professional

The left has been showing Americans who they are since the mid-1960s but America refuses to believe them.

For goodness sakes, it was Maya Angelou - the poet laureate of the left that said that shit - When somebody shows you who they are - believe them. The left even had a fucking POET warn Americans about who they are but all for naught. Fear not though my dear friends because I, much like resident brandon, am willing to plagiarize greater men and calleth on their genius as mine own...

Alas, poor America! I knew him, Horatio: a nation of infinite liberty, of most excellent freedoms: a nation that has borne us all on its back a thousand times
...and now, how abhorred in our imagination it is! my gorge rims at it. Here hung that liberty that we enjoyed I know not how oft. Where be your justice now America? your pride? your glory? your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?
Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
Now get you to our nations media, and tell them, let them spin their tales an inch thick, to this sad end-state they must come; let them report THAT...
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 08-09-2022 at 06:33.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:33   #5
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Box so true ^

Here is the first campaign add for Michael Bennet a Democratic campaigning against Democratic policies, many of which he was instrumental in passing. If you remember Bennet he was neck in neck with Kamila during the last presidential election and came out of it with his tail between his legs. The add would be astounding if it weren’t for how stupid many voters are.

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/mic...aaadee958.html

Governor polis took a very similar track to get elected himself and currently is trying to describe refunding excess taxes, dictated by the Tabor Law, as cash back from the governors office…

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:20   #6
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
"I'm Michael Bennet and I caught that fish"

The only fish hooked was the one by the guide??

Or is Bennet calling the guide(I'm not a democrat) the "fish" he caught (suckered into supporting him}??

PS: Bennet is not a fly fisherman. His cast is kindergarten level at best..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:38   #7
rsdengler
Area Commander

Where do we go from here when we cannot even trust our government?

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:06   #8
Sohei
Area Commander

The government and the FBI are showing their hand and their allegiance with this incident. If people choose not to see it or choose to defend their actions -- you know who your enemies are in the future...
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:36   #9
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
hm... when exactly was the last time that you DID trust your government?

Mine was during my childhood when I still believed the "Officer Friendly" charade. Otherwise, that trust faded while I was still a teenager realizing that US paratroopers don't decide who the "bad guy" is - we just shoot whoever our politicians tell us to shoot...
...by the time I drank my first legal beer, I had already become somewhat jaded and cynical
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 08-09-2022, 13:14   #10
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
I've been asking myself that for several years.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 20:48   #11
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Good question. How would you handle a situation if a person or business could not be trusted?
Old 08-10-2022, 11:24   #12
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
hm... when exactly was the last time that you DID trust your government?
I think in a way I never did, lol I'm contemplating getaway plans....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 16:51   #13
Penn
Area Commander

President of El Salvador Nayib Bukele

This is rather humorous....
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/el-...ted-candidates

EDIT to add: Make no mistake Bukele is a dictator, but he is doing somrthing that his nation needs... YMMV

Quote:
The article said the 40-year-old Bukele and his supporters terminated the nation’s lead prosecutor and highest court before packing both institutions with those loyal to his rule.

Under the months-long extension of emergency powers, El Salvador police and military have been rounding up tens of thousands of suspected gang members or affiliates after doing away with the need for arrest warrants. The government defended the crackdown as targeting the ranks of criminal organizations that have controlled swaths of territory and extorted and killed with impunity, according to The Associated Press.

Last edited by Penn; 08-10-2022 at 16:57.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 18:42   #14
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I think in a way I never did, lol I'm contemplating getaway plans....

Getaway plans?
Say it isn't so.
Where would you go?
Besides, you'll miss all the fun if you make a getaway.

Old 08-11-2022, 08:56   #15
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Politically it seems like a really poor move by/for the left. Can't imagine that the risk/reward tradeoff can payoff here.

Questions:

Why wouldn't a subpoena work for this? A pretty big risk to serve a warrant to an ex pres.

Why hasn't either side unsealed the warrant? At least partially?

Classified documents. Do they work the same way for politicians as they do in the military? Can't the president decide what is classified or not? Did he not do this to these documents before he left office? If they are declassified are they now public?

Side note:

I noticed that Trump's lawyers have already suggested there was planting of evidence. In the same interview they say there was nothing illegal taken. Undoubtedly, the king of deny everything and make counter accusations.

Lots of kneejerk reactions in the media considering no one knows much yet. I bought extra popcorn. Some people will undoubtedly lose their minds either way this shakes out.

LHC