Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Asia

Old 08-10-2020, 13:08   #1
Pete
Quiet Professional

Beijing mobilises invasion craft along coast as Taiwan tensions escalate

South China Sea: Beijing mobilises invasion craft along coast as Taiwan tensions

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/s...63090cd2a50f92

"As tensions between Taiwan and China continue to escalate, satellite images reportedly show amphibious armoured vehicles and mobile missile launchers massing at military bases near the island nation.

Though Taiwan, a country of 25 million people, is happy as an independent democracy, Beijing insists it is a “breakaway province” and “inviolate” Chinese territory, repeatedly stating it will use force to bring the island back under China’s control.

Now the images have shown the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) moving the military vehicles into the Eastern Theatre Command on China’s coastal cities across the strait from Taiwan, with missile launchers well within range to hit any targets in Taiwan...."

It's all sabre rattling - until somebody jumps.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:13   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

Tagged, thanks.
They seem to be both running a distraction operation for internal consumption, as well as the usual tantrums when someone pays attention to Taiwan (nee Republic of China). As you say, at the tactical level some cool heads need to prevail.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:15   #3
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

China Bluff ?

Is the CCP bluffing or is the real deal ! I don't think the CCP would advertise a strike on Taiwan it gives the U S prep time to position subs, air assets, and satellites to gather information for retaliation... The CCP & it's leadership have too much to loose just to get Taiwan... How is Hong Kong working out for them...
Old 08-11-2020, 13:02   #4
Box
Quiet Professional

Saber rattling to create pre-election chaos and division withing the USA.

...its what I would do if I was China. Of course, if I was China, I'd try not to suck as bad as China - and I'd make mother fuckers quit eating bio-lab bat stew.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote