Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-16-2021, 07:29   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff should be fired

Tucker Carlson thinks Milly should leave..

I agree..

How did he get to the position he currently holds?

Quote:

Tucker Carlson: The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff should be fired
Mark Milley has repeatedly tried to subvert civilian control of the US military - why is he still in control?

Just before last November's presidential election, two former Army officers wrote an open letter to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a man called Mark Milley. The letter was published on a left-wing blog called "Defense One." Within minutes it was all over the Internet.

The authors of the letter had a direct order for Mark Milley, who strictly speaking did not report to them.(?SIC?) "If Donald Trump refuses to leave office," the letter began, "the United States military must remove him by force, and you must give that order." You must remove the president by force.

A new book, written by reporters at The Washington Post who cover Milley, reveals the current chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff as a legitimate extremist — the last person you’d give power to if you could possibly help it.

In the book, Milley describes Donald Trump and the millions who supported him, as the moral equivalent of Adolph Hitler. As thousands of Trump supporters peacefully gathered in Washington for what they assumed was a constitutionally-protected political rally shortly after the election, Milley likened them to "brownshirts" -- the paramilitary wing of the Nazi party. Trump’s complaints about voter fraud, Milley explained to his advisers, out loud, were actually calls for genocide.

"This is a Reichstag moment," Milley said. "The gospel of the Führer." Those are quotes. Think about that. Your grandfather joined the U.S. military to risk his life fighting the Nazis. Now the head of the US military calls you a Nazi for having your grandfather’s political views. What do you think of that?

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...hould-be-fired

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 13:43   #2
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post

Kneeling lessons from Kamala?
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 14:32   #3
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Kneeling lessons from Kamala?
I don’t know if eating a bowl full of dicks is the same as blowing a bowl full of dicks?

I’m sure they both have experience.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 00:01   #4
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Tucker Carlson thinks Milly should leave..

I agree..

Knee pads or milking stool?
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 14:15   #5
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

I read he was commanding general of 5th group. Does this mean that he was at one time he was in an ODA? Or was he plugged in as a flag officer, command is command type. Did he go through qualification training?
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 17:04   #6
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseTim View Post
I read he was commanding general of 5th group. Does this mean that he was at one time he was in an ODA? Or was he plugged in as a flag officer, command is command type. Did he go through qualification training?
Based on a previous thread that seems to be up in the air.
Old 08-17-2021, 20:52   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
https://www.defense.gov/Our-Story/Bi...mark-a-milley/

General Mark A. Milley is the 20th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the nation’s highest-ranking military officer, and the principal military advisor to the President, Secretary of Defense, and National Security Council.

Prior to becoming Chairman on October 1, 2019, General Milley served as the 39th Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army.

A native of Massachusetts, General Milley graduated from Princeton University in 1980, where he received his commission from Army ROTC.

General Milley has had multiple command and staff positions in eight divisions and Special Forces throughout the last 39 years to include command of the 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry, 2nd Infantry Division; the 2nd Brigade, 10th Mountain Division; Deputy Commanding General, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault); Commanding General, 10th Mountain Division; Commanding General, III Corps; and Commanding General, U.S. Army Forces Command.

While serving as the Commanding General, III Corps, General Milley deployed as the Commanding General, International Security Assistance Force Joint Command and Deputy Commanding General, U.S. Forces Afghanistan. General Milley’s joint assignments also include the Joint Staff operations directorate and as a Military Assistant to the Secretary of Defense.

General Milley’s operational deployments include the Multi-National Force and Observers, Sinai, Egypt; Operation Just Cause, Panama; Operation Uphold Democracy, Haiti; Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia-Herzegovina; Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq; and three tours during Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan. He also deployed to Somalia and Colombia.

In addition to his bachelor’s degree in political science from Princeton University, General Milley has a master’s degree in international relations from Columbia University and one from the U.S. Naval War College in national security and strategic studies. He is also a graduate of the MIT Seminar XXI National Security Studies Program.

General Milley and his wife, Hollyanne, have been married for more than 34 years and have two children. He was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant of Armor in the U.S. Army through the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC).

General Milley served in the 4/68 Armor of the 82nd Airborne, and 18th Airborne Corps, before attending the SFQC and being awarded the SF Tab.

I believe that he then served as an ODA Commander (Captain) in 5th Special Forces Group when it was at Ft. Bragg.

It appears that he opted not to re-branch into Special Forces at the time and returned to the conventional force as was then possible.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:07   #8
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
It appears that he opted not to re-branch into Special Forces at the time and returned to the conventional force as was then possible.
TR
In my best Martin Sheen voice..... "Why the F*ck would he do that"?
Old 08-18-2021, 08:36   #9
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1987 View Post
My guess is he did this based upon improved promotional opportunities? He strikes me as the type that focuses solely on promotional opportunity rather than mission set?
Old 08-18-2021, 08:59   #10
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
My guess is he did this based upon improved promotional opportunities? He strikes me as the type that focuses solely on promotional opportunity rather than mission set?
I would venture to guess he was being groomed by his patron..

Old 08-18-2021, 09:37   #11
Pete
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1987 View Post
Know the son of a retired SF LTC. Went through the Q Course and did his team time as a Captain, didn't branch over, went back to Infantry and retired as a COL.

Working somewhere on Bragg as a contractor or something now.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:59   #12
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Would that be par with what is referred to as a ladder climber? I have never understood those types but I do give them credit for long term planning.
Old 08-18-2021, 18:19   #13
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Know the son of a retired SF LTC. Went through the Q Course and did his team time as a Captain, didn't branch over, went back to Infantry and retired as a COL.

Working somewhere on Bragg as a contractor or something now.
These circumstances (incl Milley) all sound simply like the difference between a calling and "other duties as assigned" - check the box, see ya, my godfather is waiting.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 20:52   #14
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

A Ticket Puncher:

General Milley is a prime example of someone in a position that he is not qualified to to perform the duties required. His type of non-leadership and lack of responsibility is a primary reason why SOG had one zeros and one-ones. People that could do the job required regardless of military rank got the job to lead and fight. He is not alone and the world can see the LACK of leadership from the POTUS, The VP, The Sect. of Defense, The National Intelligence Advisor. The entire Biden-Harris Administration is inept and being propped-up by the DNC and the main stream media marketing of the ship of fools. We, the U S A are in trouble ... and nothing is been done to stop the spiral plunge to the bottom.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:27   #15
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

A chuckle..
from a twister mind..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2CARTOON-8.19.21-8.19.21-8.jpg (108.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg milley war face.jpg (43.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg E424oEGWQAAE80u.jpg (61.9 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 08-19-2021 at 06:35.