04-15-2006, 19:12
|
#661
|
|
Gun Pilot
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Iowa and New Mexico
Posts: 2,143
|
[QUOTE
I am working in Italy right now with SETAF but hope to be back at Bragg this summer.
Thanks for having me aboard![/QUOTE]
SF18C:
Welcome.
We will be heading to Florence, for a couple of weeks in the near future.
Terry
__________________
E7-CW3-direct commission VN
B model gunship pilot 65-66 Soc Trang, Cobra Pilot 68-69-70 Can Tho Life member 101st Airborne Association
|
|
CPTAUSRET is offline
|
|
04-16-2006, 02:18
|
#662
|
|
Quiet Professional
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Texas, I can see OK from here!
Posts: 2,077
|
CPTAUSRET
I threw up some info/links in the Area Study... Florence, Italy
If you want more info PM me and I'll see what I have from my last recon there (about a month ago.)
If we need to gather more "ground truth" I will insert a pilot team (my wife and daughter)!!!
|
|
SF18C is offline
|
|
04-16-2006, 12:26
|
#663
|
|
Asset
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Groton, MA/North Dartmouth, ma
Posts: 2
|
Hi all,
NousDefionsDoc sent me over here from lightfighter when I started asking about insurgency/counter insurgency. I imagine I'll be mostly a lurker here, as I'm certainly no quiet professional, just an NG Sapper, though I certainly take my job seriosly and hope to be in for a long time. My civilian life is currenty devoted to school, I'm a junior history major, though with my upcoming deployment I'll be lucky to graduate by 2009, ha.
Anyway, much respect to you SF fellas, what limited interaction I've had in training with your kind has left me in awe I assure you.
-Sam
|
|
Sapper101 is offline
|
|
04-16-2006, 13:42
|
#664
|
|
Guerrilla
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 312
|
Introduction
Just wanted to introduce myself, as I'm new to these boards. Professionalsoldiers.com was recommended to me by some guys on SOCNET, as a good place to go for National Guard Special Forces. I'm a Navy type...was pursuing BUD/S training, until I found out that since I have critical job training, I won't be allowed to attend. Now I'm looking at returning home to MS to join the Guard and go to 20th Group. My father was with 20th Group at Camp Shelby and speaks very highly of the unit. I'm mostly just here to read, so you probably won't hear much from me...just the occassional question.
I'll go back to lurking now.
V/R
Squid.
|
|
Irishsquid is offline
|
|
04-16-2006, 13:44
|
#665
|
|
Asset
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 1
|
Hello Everyone
Hi everyone,
Been lurking here forever, just registered today. I am a combat engineer in the U.S. Army. Enlisted in Aug of 2004, tryed to get 18X but you had to be 18 and I just wanted to blow stuff up so I ended up here. I am stationed in Germany. I like to read ALOT and watch the show 24. Hoping to get to SFAS after I get a tour downrange finished, gotta wait for my buddy to make that E-4 though. Hoping to get alot of good info from this site. I already have just lurking around here. My uncle was with 42nd Special Forces Group in Thailand and Nam', he has been kinda of my inspiration to go Special Forces. Well thats about it. Thank you for letting me absorb the information here and for putting up a wonderful site.
|
|
1IDSAPPER is offline
|
|
04-16-2006, 14:03
|
#666
|
|
Guerrilla
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 181
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by 1IDSAPPER
Hi everyone,
Been lurking here forever, just registered today. I am a combat engineer in the U.S. Army. Enlisted in Aug of 2004, tryed to get 18X but you had to be 18 and I just wanted to blow stuff up so I ended up here. I am stationed in Germany. I like to read ALOT and watch the show 24. Hoping to get to SFAS after I get a tour downrange finished, gotta wait for my buddy to make that E-4 though. Hoping to get alot of good info from this site. I already have just lurking around here. My uncle was with 42nd Special Forces Group in Thailand and Nam', he has been kinda of my inspiration to go Special Forces. Well thats about it. Thank you for letting me absorb the information here and for putting up a wonderful site.
|
Howdy  Lurk away brotha. Duty first Hooah!
|
|
TFM is offline
|
|
04-16-2006, 14:08
|
#667
|
|
Quiet Professional
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Texas, I can see OK from here!
Posts: 2,077
|
Although I am not part of the official welcoming committee I’d like to say HI and Welcome to a couple of Sappers!
|
|
SF18C is offline
|
|
04-16-2006, 15:52
|
#668
|
|
Asset
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 4
|
introduction
Hi All,
I am a graduate student in Physics at Cornell University looking to finish my PhD this year. I have been interested in Special Forces for quite some time now and have spent a lot of time following the posts on this site. Thinking about the Army and SF in particular after graduation.
|
|
Joe111 is offline
|
|
04-16-2006, 18:14
|
#669
|
|
Quiet Professional
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: America, the Beautiful
Posts: 3,193
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Irishsquid
Professionalsoldiers.com was recommended to me by some guys on SOCNET, as a good place to go for National Guard Special Forces.
|
Squid,
That would have been me.
Welcome aboard.
JM
|
|
Warrior-Mentor is offline
|
|
04-16-2006, 18:37
|
#670
|
|
Asset
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Currently Reside in the UK
Posts: 3
|
Get Selected.
Just wanted to add that the "Get Selected" book was briliant, and is a great asset to any want to be SF soldier. MAJ Larson put me onto this book, MAJ Martin, he told me to tell you hello.
-VAFF
|
|
VAFF is offline
|
|
04-17-2006, 21:39
|
#671
|
|
Quiet Professional
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 662
|
All:
Some of you may recognize me from lightfighter & socnet. For those of you who do not, I am an ex-Navy guy now in the NG. I am a NQP with B 3/20th in NC heading to the Q next week. Hopefully I will be a valuble contributor here.
x/S
|
|
exsquid is offline
|
|
04-17-2006, 21:55
|
#672
|
|
Asset
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Dallas
Posts: 39
|
Good Luck at SFQC!
__________________
Death From Above
|
|
Neo is offline
|
|
04-18-2006, 07:48
|
#673
|
|
Asset
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE USA
Posts: 21
|
Hey fellas,
I figured I've been lurking this forum long enough, it was about time to register and introduce myself.
My name is Keith. I'm 23 years old and currently work as a Software Developer (read: programmer), but spend most of my time at work supervising my team and dealing with clients.
Without going into a lengthy biography, I've been thinking about joining the Army under the 18x program for years. I simply can't stand sitting in an office all day long and feeling like what I do all day is not bettering the world in any shape or form. I want to be challenged, I want adventure, I want to feel proud of what I do, and most of all, I want cool stories to tell my grandchildren.
3 years ago I was considering joining, but my brother eventually convinced me to try police work. I enjoyed it, but I collected quite a debt while paying my way through the police academy. I eventually had to return to computers to pay the bills. I think that police work definately made me a more appropriate candidate than I was 3 years ago.
I'm leaning towards going the National Guard route (Mass.'s 20th SF) as SF Communications, although I'm open to other suggestions. I have a pile of books including GET SELECTED! and a book on learning Russian. I've been running, hiking, and doing push-ups, trying to get myself up to the level needed. I am definately serious about this endeavor.
I have a little related family history... my aforementioned brother was an Army MP (K9), who was attached to the Navy SEALS during the Invasion of Iraq. He got out of the Army after that. My dad was in the 82nd during Vietnam.
I'm here with the hopes to learn from you all, but I hope that I can also be useful to this community. I'll be more than happy to help with any technical problems, or fix anything that's wrong with the website (such as the pixilated flashing forum button  ). Just give me a holler and I'll do my best to help you out.
Thanks for letting me be here and making this site available!
|
|
keith is offline
|
|
04-18-2006, 10:03
|
#674
|
|
Guerrilla
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 181
|
Hey keith,
Read your bio. I can relate. You came to the right place. Have a goodun.
|
|
TFM is offline
|
|
04-18-2006, 11:43
|
#675
|
|
Quiet Professional
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Georiga
Posts: 797
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
Introduce yourself with your first post.
When you come into our house we'd like to know a little about you. This assists in framing a response to post from a Professional Soldiers member.
De Oppresso Liber
|
I am a retired CSM. Retired in 1989. Next scheduled assignement would have been pushing papers in DC and didn't want to go there. Spent time in the 7th SFG, 5th SFG (B-50...RT Nail), and 10th at Devens. Served elsewhere as an instructor, Drill Sergeant, 1SGT, and CSM in Engeneer Bn's.
Currently a criminalist (CSI guy) for a large department in South Georgia.
Written two books and have two more going to a publisher....
Kids grown....wife good looking and happy....
|
|
incommin is offline
|
|
|
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32.
|
|
|