Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 17:38   #46
Soak60
SF Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lehigh Valley Area, Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
Did the president go out there, start reading one speech and then get an update on the teleprompter and then shift focus to address the shooting?
Even if that was what that is....he needs to grow a brain. He obviously knew what the main reason for him being on that podium was about. That was a bigger failure of a speech than ANYTHING Bush did, and it was delivered with none of Bush's speaking mistakes.
Soak60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 17:44   #47
Sigaba
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soak60 View Post
Even if that was what that is....he needs to grow a brain. He obviously knew what the main reason for him being on that podium was about. That was a bigger failure of a speech than ANYTHING Bush did, and it was delivered with none of Bush's speaking mistakes.
Soak60--

Just double checking your meaning. Are you saying that if he did receive news of the shooting for the first time on the teleprompter, he needed to handle the transition better than he did?
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 17:44   #48
Remington Raidr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soak60 View Post
Even if that was what that is....he needs to grow a brain. He obviously knew what the main reason for him being on that podium was about. That was a bigger failure of a speech than ANYTHING Bush did, and it was delivered with none of Bush's speaking mistakes.
Way to prioritize, MR. PRESIDENT.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 17:49   #49
afchic
Area Commander
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 1,644
Been home sick all day without the TV on, this is the first I have heard. My thoughts and prayers to the family.
afchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 17:49   #50
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional
 
Basenshukai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 931
My prayers and thoughts are with the fallen and their families.

And, as far as POTUS, as much as I respect his office I am really, really glad that I did NOT vote for him. I'm glad I don't have that on my conscience.
__________________
- Retired Special Forces Officer -
Special Forces Association Lifetime Member
Basenshukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 17:52   #51
Soak60
SF Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lehigh Valley Area, Pennsylvania
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
Soak60--

Just double checking your meaning. Are you saying that if he did receive news of the shooting for the first time on the teleprompter, he needed to handle the transition better than he did?
From my understanding of the footage of his speech, he knew about the shooting when he stepped up to the podium and either read off the teleprompter (bad) or just winged that first 2:30 (worse). If that really was the first he heard of it, reading off the teleprompter, his reaction to the news and his segue into it was horrible but forgivable.
Soak60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 17:53   #52
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)
 
greenberetTFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Carriere,Ms.
Posts: 6,922
Rest in Peace, Warriors .................

Big Teddy
__________________
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 17:54   #53
Pete
Quiet Professional
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 13,080
The first time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
Soak60--

Just double checking your meaning. Are you saying that if he did receive news of the shooting for the first time on the teleprompter, he needed to handle the transition better than he did?
Sigaba;

I took Soak60's post for it's face value. It was a screw up of a major scale - or that's just the way he is - for the President. The country had been following the story for a couple of hours before he took to the stands. There is no way that he did not know about it prior to stepping up to the telepromter.

The MSM loved to rub the nose of Bush in the Goat Book during 9/11. That was the moment Bush was told and he acted the way he did. We now see the Commander in Chief after something has happened and he's thought about it for a while.

Well, now we know - and so does the world.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 18:12   #54
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional
 
Utah Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 11 miles from Dove Creek, Colorady
Posts: 3,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbour13 View Post
Anyone watching The One.

Starts out with grandstanding and giving a "shout out" to his friends.

Doesn't even have the ability to clearly speak and is completely incapable of showing remorse or any sense of emotion.

This will be beyond BIG in the near future. We'll see what comes down now. I feel for those that chose the rightly guided path, but don't participate in extremist shit like this.

Edited to add: Seems the SGM and I share a common hatred. Agreed Snaquebite
I had to turn off the TV and go outside when I saw that.
He just doesn't get it, and never will.
__________________
"...But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive."
Shakespeare - Henry V
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 18:15   #55
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional
 
Utah Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 11 miles from Dove Creek, Colorady
Posts: 3,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soak60 View Post
From my understanding of the footage of his speech, he knew about the shooting when he stepped up to the podium and either read off the teleprompter (bad) or just winged that first 2:30 (worse). If that really was the first he heard of it, reading off the teleprompter, his reaction to the news and his segue into it was horrible but forgivable.
They said he was informed of the incident by his staff about a half hour before he spoke.
__________________
"...But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive."
Shakespeare - Henry V
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 18:17   #56
US Patriot
Asset
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fayetteville / Ft. Bragg
Posts: 7
My heart is heavy for all those that have gone to Valhalla.... peace be with you my brothers .... For all those are wounded.... I wish them a speedy recovery.. And for the Families who have lost may God watch over you and calm your soul.......

As for the One..... I am appalled that it took him 2+ minutes to mention the shooting...

This guy is a Muslim convert... which will probably get buried....

Maybe if there were CCW on military installations this could have ended before so many were killed and injured.....

The only "Good" that came out of this is that he is dead and there won't be a long drawn out trial....
US Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 18:18   #57
sneakypete
FTFSI
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3
Hasan was a Psychiatrist. Hope he's burning in hell.

Nidal Malik Hasan, MD
LICENSE # 0101238630


Issue Date: 7/12/2005
Expiration Date: 9/30/2010
Status: Current Active

http://www.vahealthprovider.com/resu..._No=0101238630

He got a promotion in may.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2009/0..._list_042009w/
sneakypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 18:18   #58
Sigaba
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soak60 View Post
From my understanding of the footage of his speech, he knew about the shooting when he stepped up to the podium and either read off the teleprompter (bad) or just winged that first 2:30 (worse). If that really was the first he heard of it, reading off the teleprompter, his reaction to the news and his segue into it was horrible but forgivable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
There is no way that he did not know about it prior to stepping up to the telepromter.
I was so aghast with the first portion of the speech that I missed the comments he offered later. He does confirm that he'd spoken to Secretary Gates and Admiral Mullen. So he absolutely did know before going up there what was happening.

There's no way he can deny it.
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 18:21   #59
echoes
Area Commander
 
echoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: OK. Thanking Our Brave Soldiers
Posts: 3,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenshukai View Post
And, as far as POTUS, as much as I respect his office I am really, really glad that I did NOT vote for him. I'm glad I don't have that on my conscience.
My thoughts are with the families, and you hit the nail on the head here Sir.

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 18:21   #60
stickey
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SE U.S.
Posts: 207
He was a VA Tech grad!

Those Hokies just can't get a break.
__________________
“Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
stickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:47.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies