03-07-2005, 18:49
|
#16
|
|
Guerrilla Chief
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 819
|
Full disclosure: I haven't seen the specific episode...
...but I am familiar with the format of the show. And usually Jon Stewart and co. will have various comedy sequences with one big interview in the middle. This interview is usually with someone who is pushing something (book, movie, CD, etc.) and is usually serious in nature.
In short, just because the channel is comedy central, doesn't mean you can dismiss the comment. IMHO
As far as the comments go, I'm surprised no-one has slipped like this before. This whole America fails/ dems win attitude has been there since Bush got elected (in 2000). Anyone remember all the talk about how much of a bloodbath/quagmire/'nother Vietnam the media made Afghanistan out to be? They've been doing this for the last 5 years. And as usual, no-one mainstream reports it.
Respectfully,
Aric
|
|
aricbcool is offline
|
|
03-07-2005, 19:05
|
#17
|
|
BANNED USER
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 368
|
With that audience they probably laughed when she said it. I didn't find it funny at all. There is nothing tougue in cheek about hoping the "Republican's" fail, when that also means American's fail.
The left is going to have a hard time getting their message across when they consider America's failure thier successes. It is downright pathetic and reeks of treason.
Quote:
|
"As a Democrat, you don't want anything nice to happen to the Republicans, and you don't want them to have progress"........."Well, there's still Iran and North Korea, don't forget. There's still hope for the rest of us. ... There's always hope that this might not work."
|
She's a funny gal.
|
|
Sigi is offline
|
|
03-07-2005, 19:51
|
#18
|
|
Area Commander
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Midwest
Posts: 7,135
|
The more I think about this the more incensed I am getting. This treasonous *itch's comments are beyond outrageous and revolting.
Can you even begin to imagine the outcry and rage from across the aisle had a Republican made the same comments?
__________________
My Heroes wear camouflage.
|
|
Gypsy is offline
|
|
03-07-2005, 20:04
|
#19
|
|
Quiet Professional
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 3,533
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by aricbcool
As far as the comments go, I'm surprised no-one has slipped like this before. This whole America fails/ dems win attitude has been there since Bush got elected (in 2000). Anyone remember all the talk about how much of a bloodbath/quagmire/'nother Vietnam the media made Afghanistan out to be? They've been doing this for the last 5 years. And as usual, no-one mainstream reports it.
Respectfully,
Aric
|
Actually this is the thrust, hopes and wishes of the Euro elite as well. The lefty, that just set a 1 million dollar price on the head of every Italian in Iraq, has had this wish ever since she predicted the bloodbath that did not appear. This is also the reason for the mainstreams' daily reporting of death in Iraq. If there has not been a death then they report the last two or three until there are some more deaths.
This whole thing should wake up the US people to the danger and negativity of the left. Even when they claim taht it is the Republicans that are negative.
As far as the double standard of "moral outrage", hell that one has been going for more then just five years. It has always been ok for the left to make outragous statements and not get slammed for it. Look at Byrd and his Nazi statement. Heck if the Rep. had made anywhere near a statement as inflammatory as that, the outcry and moral outrage would have had Peloski and those of her ilk in tears.
Piss on them all.
__________________
Hold Hard guys
Rick B.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.
Author - Richard.
Experience is what you get right after you need it.
Author unknown.
Last edited by longrange1947; 03-07-2005 at 20:09.
|
|
longrange1947 is offline
|
|
03-08-2005, 08:43
|
#20
|
|
SF Candidate
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 38
|
Daily Show No Joke
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by CRad
It was the "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart. How serious are we supposed to take what comes from a comedy show? Do we expect the same level of answer that we'd get from Meet the Press or Face the Nation.
I don't think much of what she said but never the less it was on Comedy Central.
|
The fact that this was on Jon Stewart makes it much worse than you may believe. Although it is a case of preaching to the choir...it is the left choir and a big one at that. Jon Stewart and his Daily Show are a breeding ground of contempt among young voters in our nation. As Bravo 1-3 has pointed out, an astonishing number of voters actually get their news from this source as opposed to Meet the Press or Face the Nation.
http://www.business-journal.com/NoJo...KnowIssues.asp
|
|
boat guy is offline
|
|
03-08-2005, 09:10
|
#21
|
|
Guest
|
You guys might see Jon Stewart on Comedy Central, in Europe the Daily Show is on CNN. Like you said, doesn't change the value, but it changes a little how some might figure it.
|
|
|
|
03-08-2005, 13:41
|
#22
|
|
Quiet Professional
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 931
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by CRad
So you think the context of the show and the network that aired it should have nothing to do with her answer or that the context doesn't matter and a person should always be aware of the fact that their statements are made public?
|
So I guess, if I can get on that show, I should be able to divulge classified information as no one should take it seriously, right?
Or, maybe, I could get away with insulting any minority and expect to get away with it. (Well, if I'm a Dem, I might get away with it).
Take care.
__________________
- Retired Special Forces Officer -
Special Forces Association Lifetime Member
|
|
Basenshukai is offline
|
|
03-08-2005, 20:00
|
#23
|
|
Area Commander
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pinehurst,NC
Posts: 1,091
|
widening gap
Her response is just more evidence of the widening gap between this clintoneques characters and the rest of us fairly normal Americans. They live in a dream world. What was Hilary's book, "it takes a village idiot".
Thought for a bumper sticker. support the president show your bush.
__________________
Let us conduct ourselves in such a fashion that all nations wish to be our friends and all fear to be our enemies. The Virtues of War - Steven Pressfield
|
|
dennisw is offline
|
|
03-10-2005, 23:42
|
#24
|
|
Guerrilla
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Loup City NE
Posts: 419
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
For the record, I didn't really appreciate POTUS making jokes about WMD a while back either. For the correspondent's dinner I believe it was. When politicians start making jokes and developing a glib attitude about war the loss doesn't sting them quite as much anymore.
|
I don't believe he has a glib attitude about losing soldiers. Furthermore, one of President Bush's best qualities is his ability to take a joke or poke fun at himself. I do understand that many people found little humor in the WMD joke but he was getting a lot of grief about the issue and was poking fun at his detractors as well as at himself. I simply don't believe he was making light of what the soldiers were and are doing.
I don't watch the Daily Show since I think it's stupid and wouldn't take anything said on it very seriously. Looks like a bunch of people think differently than I do. Thanks boat guy for the link.
Basenshukai - nice use of hyperbole
__________________
Chance favors the prepared mind. Louis Pasteur
|
|
CRad is offline
|
|
|
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:46.
|
|
|