Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer
For what it is worth, the problem is not just corrupt politicians, at least in the narrow sense we usually use the word "corrupt". Whether politician or activist or average Joe, if you genuinely believe that your political rivals are not merely people with a competing vision of the best way to achieve the common weal, but are in fact evil, ignorant power-hungry fascist bigots*, and if you consider the motto "by any means necessary" to be perfectly reasonable, why would you mind a little fraud that happened to benefit the good guys and disadvantage the evildoers?
* This is bipartisan by the way. I myself consider many left-wing politicians and activists to be ignorant power-hungry fascists, though I try to give most people the benefit of the doubt.
|
I agree 100%
Beyond the agreement that there is such a thing as legitimate competing ideas - I believe there is also such a thing as corrupt voters.
It takes corrupt voters to repeatedly elect observably corrupt politicians: garbage in = garbage out.
__________________
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.
"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
|