Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015, 10:18   #16
Five-O
Guerrilla Chief
 
Five-O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 704
I love to eat but, to me food is situational. What I love to eat at all ball park or pizza shop is something I probably wouldn't even consider in a 5 Star restaurant. Likewise there are items on that high end restaurant menu I would never consider (even if available) at a ball park or pizza shop. I agree with the article author's opinion about food being over hyped and over analyzed and some how tied into "fashion" by everyone with a lap top and some free time. In Philadelphia I am fortunate to be able to sit down at a great (even celebrity) restaurant where the meal is best described as fucking amazing. You walk out happy and satisfied but in a small amount of debt from the $300.00 tab. The next day I could hit the food truck taco stand outside University of Pennsylvania, pay $7.00 for a great lunch and have the same satisfaction. I suppose the bottom line is good food, prepared properly but someone who knows what they're doing is always going to be a hit.
Five-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:37   #17
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Please tell me you just plopped into their dishes and did not "arrange" it!
Oh ye of little faith........
__________________
"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are."
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 13:53   #18
Joker
Quiet Professional
 
Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Oh ye of little faith........
Oh I have more faith than I have sense or cents.

Fine china, but where is the parsley sprigs, the radish roses, the gravy sprinkled artsy stuff? Poor, poor hounds.

Remember that well presented grub can be like a well presented woman. Both can give you heartburn and burn your ass when they leave you.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:20   #19
x SF med
Quiet Professional
 
x SF med's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In transit somewhere
Posts: 4,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Oh ye of little faith........
Brother... are you off your meds again?
__________________
In the business of war, there is no invariable stategic advantage (shih) which can be relied upon at all times.
Sun-Tzu, "The Art of Warfare"

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:31   #20
MR2
Quiet Professional
 
MR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 4,122
This thread has officially gone to the dogs...
__________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer


WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:33   #21
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,929
What? J/K messing with Joker. I got the pic off the internet. Besides, I feed my dog illegal aliens, would not make a nice picture.
__________________
"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are."
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 15:33   #22
Joker
Quiet Professional
 
Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
What? J/K messing with Joker. I got the pic off the internet. Besides, I feed my dog illegal aliens, would not make a nice picture.
Went from well presented fine dining right to dog food. Poor Penn is pulling his hair out and beating his head with a pan.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 17:27   #23
mark46th
Quiet Professional
 
mark46th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orange, Ca.
Posts: 4,950
The correct presentation of a chicken in a Chinese banquet. Or a 21 gun salute,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 679fb4f0a25e846fa0a4931eeb5cdee3.jpg (45.0 KB, 20 views)
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies