Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2010, 22:47   #1
Nightfall
Guerrilla
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mississippi Delta
Posts: 113
West Memphis Police Now Using Assault Rifles on Traffic Stops

After a car bombing, a major shoot out in the Wally World, the cops are pissed and taking action - starting to sound like a warzone, maybe in a sense it is:

"I'm sure there will some who will be upset," says Harrell, "but I believe in our police force. I know one of the officers who got shot. I go to church with his sisters. I'm for it, really."

Whether it's on city streets or on the interstate, Chief Paudert wants his officers to be able to match the fire power available to the bad guys.

The AR-15's, he says, won't be pointed directly at motorists. The backup officer will stand behind his or her police car, rifle in hand, at their ready.

And ready or not, Chief Paudert says drive through his town and get pulled over, you might just see one of their new guns.

"That's just the way it is," he says. "I mean, our times have changed. And we've got to change with our times. We cannot allow our officers to continue to be killed."


http://www.abc24.com/news/local/stor...fw.cspx?rss=59
__________________
“Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:52.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies