Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2008, 07:31   #20
alright4u
Quiet Professional
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 974
RE: SOG

Volunteered for C&C ( FOB 2) June12, 68. Ended up at BMTE. Told a new C&C was being started & would be in on ground floor. FOB 2 took a Captain with far more experience then I had. I never blamed them. I needed to learn. I do not recall any recon course from mid 68-mid 69. Had an HF company with great NCO's, then went to launch site, then to 3 shop. I do not think anyone can say SOG was better then all. Had friends in II Corps Mike Force, who were every bit as good or better then I was. Do not know any war stories I want to share.

Like any job in SF, it was teamwork that got men in and out. From the S-2 briefing on target area, to the VR, to men on the launch sites, from the SF launch site NCOIC who bootlegged Freqs, to the pilots and crew and man riding with FAC, it took a team effort. I do recall we had a 10 school running local OPS when I got back in mid April 69. Or so I was told. A few went to MACV RECONDO school, but; most was OJT with senior NCO's having the real experience who trained all.
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roll Call The Reaper 7th Special Forces Group 282 09-15-2014 19:46



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:22.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies