11-27-2009, 12:16
|
#1
|
|
Quiet Professional (RIP)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Carriere,Ms.
Posts: 6,922
|
Maybe not so far out...
Quote:
|
WARNING: Reading or repeating the contents of this post may land you on the President's "Enemies List." Richard
|
OK,now we can make fun of Teddy wearing his "tin foil hat",but I believe this statement may be much closer to the truth than you all may realize...  
Big Teddy
__________________
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver
SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney
SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
|
|
greenberetTFS is offline
|
|
11-27-2009, 12:41
|
#2
|
|
Area Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,952
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS
|
I happen to agree with you amigo.
As for the foil, I just wrap it around the computer, leaving just enough space for venting the toxic gasses out.
RF 1
|
|
Red Flag 1 is offline
|
|
11-27-2009, 14:52
|
#3
|
|
Guerrilla
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 312
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS
|
I keep trying to tell everybody... they WANT you to wear tin-foil hats...it actually STRENGTHENS RF signals in some of the freq ranges allotted to the government...
http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
MIT said it, so it has to be true...Wonder if I can design a hat with a built-in Faraday cage instead!?
|
|
Irishsquid is offline
|
|
11-27-2009, 17:50
|
#4
|
|
Area Commander
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 2,760
|
Back a few years ago...there I was...standing in front of 150+ students in each of 4 sections. Lots of witnesses, right?
And one of the subjects in the course was freedom of expression, the Internet, and government watch lists. So I would get everyone's views, with most people suggesting that people who did odd things on the internet should be put on some sort of watch list.
Imagine me, standing in front of the class, an evil grin spreading across my face.
I would then Google the term 'CIA letter opener' which brought up pictures of a black plastic knife - sometimes on sale. I would then point out the implications of such things. (Yes, I was both detailed and explicit). I would click on a few links and show the students where the knives could be purchased, and how.
I then posed the question - should I be put on a watch list? Should they, since they had seen this? And - since I had been doing this for years, why had I never had anyone show up for a chat?
Maybe I am on some sort of "red" or "blue" list and scheduled for reeducation or worse. But they (whoever they might be) are going to have a lot of work on their hands.
Hmm. What's that knock on the door? Hey...wait....No!...S t o
__________________
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Acronym Key:
MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund
Oil Chart
30 year Treasury Bond
|
|
nmap is offline
|
|
11-27-2009, 19:01
|
#5
|
|
Guest
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmap
I would then Google the term 'CIA letter opener' which brought up pictures of a black plastic knife - sometimes on sale. I would then point out the implications of such things. (Yes, I was both detailed and explicit). I would click on a few links and show the students where the knives could be purchased, and how.
I then posed the question - should I be put on a watch list? Should they, since they had seen this? And - since I had been doing this for years, why had I never had anyone show up for a chat?
Hmm. What's that knock on the door? Hey...wait....No!...S t o
|
While looking for a merchant for a buckskinning ronny, I used the search term, "blackpowder", among my choices was the phrase, "things that go..." Intrigued I clicked it. It was an internet copy of the Terrorist Handbook. I left in a hurry...no curiousity on my part. It it is simply amazing what one can find innocently and get in trouble for these days.
I find that my aluminum saran wrap works better than tinfoil far more maleable and it looks sexy and less well tin foily, and works just as well..  :
Last edited by armymom1228; 11-27-2009 at 22:39.
|
|
|
|
11-27-2009, 22:32
|
#6
|
|
Guerrilla
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 170
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flag 1
I happen to agree with you amigo.
As for the foil, I just wrap it around the computer, leaving just enough space for venting the toxic gasses out.
RF 1
|
I like that idea.
Usually I put foil over the windows on the west side to keep... to keep the... to keep the sun out during the summer months. I should worry more about the computer than the windows.
In all seriousness, NOTHING is secure on computers anywhere.
__________________
"Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled on by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him.”
~Matthew Henry
"Political correctness: A need to avoid stepping on toes that in reality should be blown off the foot." ~me
|
|
kimberly is offline
|
|
|
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:08.
|
|
|