Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005, 13:01   #1
Razor
Quiet Professional
 
Razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 4,552
SOF Warrant

Sibilant Ghost (Is that a ghost with a lisp? Thaths thcary! ),

What do you mean by looking at becoming a SOF warrant? Do you mean an SF warrant, or a flight warrant serving in the 160th SOAR?
Razor is offline  
Old 07-23-2005, 18:55   #2
Sibilant_Ghost
Asset
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wherever my rucksack drags me.
Posts: 12
SOF Warrant

Well, my intention is to become a Special Forces Warrant Officer. It's going to be a long journey for me. I love CTT and the times I actually get to soldier (typically only on Thursdays), I'm just not very good at it yet. I'm kind of small, and pretty weak, but to be mediocre is to not exist. I can hear it calling me. I am starting to pick up on the MO of SF guys on my post, and can pick them out of the crowd sometimes (they never wear uniforms here). And my desire to be a warrant stems from the fact an SF commander only operates on the team for 3-6 years (from what I have been told) but the time a warrant gets to stay on is considerably longer (and one can also add the time I would spend on as an NCO).

For the most part, I would like o be an actiive participant on the site, I may ask the occasional question about things which I cannot research (what's the best backpack to use, ect). Thank you for your time and the creation of this glorious dedication to the Special Operations Warriors, ~Sibilant~
__________________
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother"
King Henry the 5th - William Shakespeare
Sibilant_Ghost is offline  
Old 07-23-2005, 19:19   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Pineland
Posts: 24,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibilant_Ghost
Well, my intention is to become a Special Forces Warrant Officer. It's going to be a long journey for me. I love CTT and the times I actually get to soldier (typically only on Thursdays), I'm just not very good at it yet. I'm kind of small, and pretty weak, but to be mediocre is to not exist. I can hear it calling me. I am starting to pick up on the MO of SF guys on my post, and can pick them out of the crowd sometimes (they never wear uniforms here). And my desire to be a warrant stems from the fact an SF commander only operates on the team for 3-6 years (from what I have been told) but the time a warrant gets to stay on is considerably longer (and one can also add the time I would spend on as an NCO).

For the most part, I would like o be an actiive participant on the site, I may ask the occasional question about things which I cannot research (what's the best backpack to use, ect). Thank you for your time and the creation of this glorious dedication to the Special Operations Warriors, ~Sibilant~
Why not just aspire to be a good SF NCO?

TR
__________________
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline  
Old 07-23-2005, 19:43   #4
Sibilant_Ghost
Asset
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wherever my rucksack drags me.
Posts: 12
SoF NCO

I thought long and hard about that question and decided there is little way to answer outside of putting my foot in my mouth or digging a very deep hole for myself. All I can really say is, it had always been part of my plan to become a warrant. I hadn't considered any other course of action.
__________________
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother"
King Henry the 5th - William Shakespeare
Sibilant_Ghost is offline  
Old 07-23-2005, 20:21   #5
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,929
You will still be required to become a Special Forces NCO first, that’s if you survive the Special Forces Assessment and Selection.

"I'm kind of small, and pretty weak, but to be mediocre is to not exist."


If I were you I'd work real hard on the "pretty weak" part. (If that’s what you think of yourself at the moment you may want to explore more career options the US military has to offer.)

If you do not possess the physical and mental toughness to stand toe to toe with some of the worlds most ruthless killers and send them to their makers then SF is not for you.

Team Sergeant
Team Sergeant is offline  
Old 07-23-2005, 20:40   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Pineland
Posts: 24,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibilant_Ghost
I thought long and hard about that question and decided there is little way to answer outside of putting my foot in my mouth or digging a very deep hole for myself. All I can really say is, it had always been part of my plan to become a warrant. I hadn't considered any other course of action.
A good first step would be to learn the difference between SF and SOF.

Frankly, from your self-description, I tend to agree with the Team Sergeant.

Deciding you want to be a 180A before you begin the process of becoming an SF soldier is like deciding you want to be President before running for the Town Council.

Good luck. You are going to need it.

TR
__________________
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline  
Old 07-23-2005, 21:26   #7
Sibilant_Ghost
Asset
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wherever my rucksack drags me.
Posts: 12
SF Warrant

Well, then I shall endeavor to be stronger faster and smarter than the enemy, and shall be lurking and learning. Thank you for the attention today, I appreciate your counsel. Have a good one.. ~Sibilant~
__________________
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother"
King Henry the 5th - William Shakespeare
Sibilant_Ghost is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:30.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies