Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2018, 08:32   #1
Pete
Quiet Professional
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 13,080
Energy Drinks and PTSD

So now energy drinks are a part of causing PTSD because young troops don't get enough sleep and drink at least one energy drink a day.

Back in the day a young troop who got enough sleep was looked at as the odd ball - and what about those 10 cups of coffee before PT? Actually 10 cups is misleading. I have the same style coffee cup I used in the Army and when I make a 10 cup pot (according to the coffee pot) I only get 5 cups.

You young troops ever wonder why us old guys look at you so oddly?

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du...d-study-finds/
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:40   #2
cbtengr
Area Commander
 
cbtengr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,852
I did a simple search of what does NOT cause PTSD. See below attachment.
__________________
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
cbtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:54   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional
 
JJ_BPK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Posts: 11,901
I'm applying for 100% PTSD, Based on my history of drinking too much coffee, Update(S) to follow.

Me Me Me Me
__________________
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:35   #4
7624U
Quiet Professional
 
7624U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
I'm applying for 100% PTSD, Based on my history of drinking too much coffee, Update(S) to follow.

Me Me Me Me
Going to one up you JJ

I am going to dump coffee in my CPAP machine so I can inhale it while I sleep and get PTSD.
__________________
"Make sure your plan fits the terrain or you will be slurping mud puddles”

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:43   #5
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander
 
PedOncoDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northeast Utah
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
Going to one up you JJ

I am going to dump coffee in my CPAP machine so I can inhale it while I sleep and get PTSD.
There are worse ways to get your caffeine fix...

__________________
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:03   #6
rsdengler
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
LOL...how did I know you were going to post something like that....Na...I rather drink my pot of Coffee; it doesn't help that I'm already like the Energizer Bunny......HA
__________________
“Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature.”

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:20.



Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies