View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 19:25   #15
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

TRUST IN THE MILITARY

Box,
Extremely concise and well written (as usual).

I was going to say this all occurred after my time…but My Lai was in ’68 and I was still pushing the broom for uncle Sugar. In the ’70 I was at Kent State the night before the shooting, (and at the time thought it was a reasonable response)..They burned the ROTC building that night, and cut the firemen’s hoses as they were in the burning building. I’ve since changed my mind of the event, even if General DelCorso heard shots (or not) from the protesters.

I did spend all of my single life in WWII buildings, in CONUS and Europe, but they weren’t that old back then. (but some barracks still had Nazi adlers on the handrails).

I looked it up, they gave us Halofantrine in the 60/70 period for malaria. (It only had potential for high levels of cardiotoxicity.)The real bad one was the plague immunization.

I’m not sure where the Army goes from here. Things got pretty bad in the ‘70’s, and if you read Stormin Normans book, a group of Jr. Officers, and Senior NCO’s stayed in, and (it looks like) for a period of time resurrected the honor and esprit de corps of the service. Maybe these things go in cycles, and the NCO’s of today (including your son) might again save the Army from itself.

SnT

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote