View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 10:57   #97
Box
Quiet Professional

I am also child of the 70s. A lot of the folks I was around as a kid were kids of Vietnam veterans. A couple of them were even grandkids of WW2 veterans. None of the adults were of any particular motivational level to me - most of the WW2 vets in my neighborhood were drunkards and bigots - and most of the Vietnam vets seemed like drug addicts. Even a kid of the 70's was able to notice that behavior.
...but that's what you get in a city run by democrats

My experience from then and from my own military experience is that SF people are mirror images of their civilian counterparts. Not always intelligent, not always the paragon of goodness that their SF groupies paint them to be - and certainly not free of sin.
-almost without exception. In fact, most of them have been really, really huge smart-asses.

I wish there was something in the pipeline that eliminates morons but there isn't. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar. The fact that I made it through the pipeline on my first try without actually feeling as though I had been all that emotionally OR physically challenged is a testament to how easy the pipeline really is.

It seems like the only people that have a problem properly describing the pipeline are the ones that probably weren't all that worthy in the first place.
...or they weren't smart enough to fool their peers as well as I have over my 25 years in Special Forces.

SF guys are mostly one big band of collectively self centered stupid fucks - otherwise, they'd have ALL seen through my charade DECADES ago and run me off before I ever made it to team week. After all, me AND the current CJCS made it through the pipeline - so it cant be completely perfect.
That complete lack of perfection is something that has been made clear over and over on these boards by numerous posters.
Or maybe it takes one to know one - who knows.

It also seems like the ones that have the bestest and most smartest insights into what makes a "good" SF guy are the ones that never seemed to graduate from the SFQC in the first place.

It's clear from every single sentence that some people write - is that the biggest difference between the shittiest dumbest laziest shit brick SF guy and the smartest wiserest coolerest toughterest bestest barrel chested freedom fighter from the conventional military is that one of them has a green beret...
...and has people on this forum that actually get a kick out of reading their opinionated shit brick postings.

I suppose it's a reflection of the degradation of this boards standards when it comes to dealing with trolls.

Oh - and to keep this thread on topic - Elon Musk - Elon Musk is currently pulling big techs chain.

This message has been brought to you by a shitty SF guy that slipped though every crack in the boardwalk while simultaneously skirting every possible standard that he could.
...and by the letters "F" and "O"
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 04-20-2022 at 11:21.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote