View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 22:53   #54
Noslack71
Guerrilla

Conferences

MtnGoat:
RSA is another one that is worthwhile. I started attending BH, Defcon etc in 2009. You are absolutely correct, my learning curve looked like one of the Shuttle launches. There are a number of very worthwhile ones in Metro DC that are free to Govies and AD. AFCEA, and DOD has a very good Cyber Crime Conference in Atlanta ( or used to prior to budget issues) every year. DefCon has a monthly group meeting in several cities w/in driving distance of you. Very talented, interesring though a tad quirky lot. If you are interested PM me and I can get you some POC's. There was an interesting article in the NYT about a " suitcase sized" ISP that was being used by Arab Spring groups when the govts shut off the country's internet. It operated under the gov's isp and worked much like the old PRC 77' s in a relay mode. Individual ranges were limited but the protesters set them up to overlap each other and got good coverage countrywide.
Basi c problem with Cyber is that this time is similar to 1945-the 60's nuclear weapons development. No real policy, strategy or doctrine which means its wide open to creative thinkers and operators.

Noslack
Noslack71 is offline   Reply With Quote