View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 22:58   #30
Penn
Area Commander

Flagg
Quote:
I have this idea in my head about Social Media for military operations being used much like some consumer brands aggressively seeking out and carefully recruiting/nurturing key influencers within certain communities to "lease their credibility".
This is the current contra model employed in my industry, where corporate, or series owned restaurant groups, employ in house PR to post for their benefit -superlative comments, especially when a negative occurs, they swarm and bury it. It's one method of "Brand" protecting = your rating, but requires constant attention.
Recruiting clients to post on your behalf is a long engagement process, which moves in the exact same way any relationship building does, based on commonality, trust, and support.
Like's do not matter, commentary does.
In that regard, site development to engage in projecting and developing an image is first formed with your grp or company. Google allows each member to have multi-media email accounts, and they can have accounts exponentially; each has to build its own credentials, once that's accomplished they are certified by the hosting site as a "Star" contributor in some fashion or another, posting on others to create "substance", but are really a defensive force in protecting the reputation of home base. JQP see's it as authoritative and knowledgeable reporting.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote