Thread: 18A Description
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 09:52   #26
airbornefox
Quiet Professional

Snipe,

If you have any future questions about the process you would take to become an SF officer you can PM me and we can discuss it there. The process of course up until where I am currently at now.

Background on me. I was not prior service enlisted (although I have SF NCO's in my family that I could always turn to for input.) I entered college with the intent of becoming an Army Officer. I was commissioned as an Infantry LT and attended the schools that an infantry LT would need to attend. I did my platoon leader time in the 82nd Airborne and submitted my application to be selected for a chance to become a SF officer. I have recently finished Phase 1 Special Forces Assessment and Selection and was selected to continue my training. I am currently heading to Benning for the Captains Career Course and then return to start the Special Forces Qualification Course.

***Disclaimer*** I am not a Special Forces qualified 18A. I am merely in the process of achieving that goal. I can give you input on the steps you need to take to get to the same point that I am at now. I do not have the experience or the knowledge of the QP's on this board in the matters of SF. So please keep your questions related to the path you need to follow to get where I am at now.

That is if you are even still lurking in these parts after such a long time!
airbornefox is offline   Reply With Quote