View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 20:57   #1
ironstoNe
Quiet Professional

Any updates on the situation in Mosul? Need some answers for a friend ASAP please

I've got a friend heading over to Mosul, Iraq to help with the NYC Medics Global Disaster Relief effort there and they will be booking their tickets this weekend for their trip in May. So basically he has a couple days to decide if he's going or not. Any clarity on the current situation in or around Mosul would be great so I can just give him a risk assessment as to his chances of being rolled up or the viable threat he faces being there as a unarmed civilian. They have an Iraqi Special Forces "unit" (according to the memo) as personal security for their building, with an American Security advisor and team leader for that element. Their building is 3km from the front lines according to the memo he received, but they still have come under mortar fire within the past 2 months and some stray bullets have been heard near the building. Can their security be trusted? Also, if anyone has real-time info as to what is going on, feel free to PM me or respond to this ASAP. I greatly appreciate it!