View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 19:12   #6
AustinT
Asset

Have any of you read the book "See no Evil" by Robert Baer? Its written by an apparently disaffected DO officer who started working for the CIA in the the mid 70's. It's not a book on MI, but besides "The Killer elite" I haven't been able to find anything specifically on MI in the local bookstore. I'll be getting some of the books recommended here though. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you gentlemen have read "See no Evil" and if you have, what do you think of it? Some of what the author writes is tainted with his own beef against the CIA which gets a little annoying, he's more than entitled to his own opinion (just so long as it doesn't violate OPSEC) but I'm not interested in that, I'm interested in the techniques he says he used throughout his service ( targeting/handling agents, surveillance/countersurveillance, etc.). My question for you gentlemen is are the way things are done in the MI community the same way things are done in the CIA community (If you can't answer due to OPSEC I understand)?

Warrior-Mentor: Great book by the way! "Get Selected" was a great read, and a great motivational piece. I've been following your advice and I just got some ripple-sole jungle boots, saddle soaped them, and mink oiled them. I'm slowly breaking them in and when I get over this flu I'll be doing my first ruck in them. Thank you Sir!
AustinT is offline   Reply With Quote