Thread: Log In
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 12:41   #63
Hipshot
Quiet Professional

Time with 10th Group

Was 11B4S on ODA-333, Co C, 3rd Bn 10th SFG(A) from Dec 72 (went direct from RVN to the land of ice and ice) thru Apr 75. Capt Chamberlain was our team leader and Charlie Campbell was team sgt. I remember having been newly married and taking this sweet young thing up to Devens. We bought a house in Ayre - wood frame 2 story. Had a painting party - wanted to get the upstairs bedrooms painted a light blue. I bought painting utensils and the beer, team members were told to being paint. When the team arrived, I was told to stay down stairs and entertain wives/girl friends that came along. I knew they were finished when Charlie Campbell came down, walked into the kitchen and grabbed a case of beer from the refrig and headed into the living room. My wife went upstairs and the next thing I hear is a blood-curdling scream from the top landing. When I got upstairs, the bedroom (supposed to be light blue) now looked like the side of a camoflaged C-130. Somehow, my wife didn't see the humor in it!
11F4S - S/Sgt, B/2/12th SFG(A)
a.k.a. Sheep Dog Daddy

God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind.
Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.
It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick.

Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote