Thread: Bad Toelz
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 00:47   #73
mike-munich
Guerrilla

PMFJI, Brad thought it might be a good idea to bump this thread up.
My relation to 10th SF is in my profile, Brad has a little more detailed info, names and photos from Tölz. Feel free to ask !

Quote:
Spetzi...Spatleze would be noodles...Spetzi was beer and 7-Up (or the German equivalent thereof...
OK, may I set the record straight ?

Spezi: a mix of orange lemonade and coke (my wifes favorite)
Spätzle: the noodle specialty from Baden-Württemberg (also copied in Bavaria)
Spätlese: "late collect" of grapes that saw the first frost. Thus the stuff is awful sweet and gives you a headache (well, at least after two or three .75 Liter bottles) I´m more the Riesling type.
7up and beer is a RADLER, 7up and Weissbier is a RUSSE (Russky, I don´t know why they called that a Russian... ).

Last but not least the bad news:

Flint Kaserne is a shopping mall now.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3...tcenterkv7.jpg

For those of you who understand German:

Quote:
In Bad Tölz ist, auf einer Fläche von ca. 25 ha, aus der ehemaligen amerikanischen Flint-Kaserne ein hochmodernes, leistungsfähiges Wirtschaftszentrum für Dienstleistung, Handel, Gewerbe, Behörden und Arztpraxen entstanden.

Das neu gestaltete Areal ist geprägt von der Karreeform des ehemaligen Kasernengebäudes (vormals Basis der "Green Berets") und der außergewöhnlichen Spiral-Architektur im Innenbereich des Gevierts.

Das Flintcenter liegt verkehrsgünstig am nördlichen Stadtrand von Bad Tölz und ist bequem mit öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln oder dem privaten PKW zu erreichen (mehrere hundert Parkplätze direkt auf dem Areal). Der Bahnhof ist zu Fuss ca. 5 Minuten entfernt.

In der Peripherie finden sich vielzählige Einkaufsmöglichkeiten, die Hacker-Pschorr-Eisarena, das Tölzer Hallenbad, der Skaterpark, sowie der Golfplatz.